CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
b381l
TheUniversityofSC
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1365)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1225)
Huge recruiting week (1136)
TV?? (1036)
Big George Statue (880)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (737)
Fly_over tomorrow? (657)
No Shave November (550)
Awful Shooting Conti (548)
Scholarship Lounge B (518)
TV??
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Huge recruiting weekend
Na'ty Rogers
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
River Bluff High School.
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
2014 Charleston Classic *
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Big George Statue

Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material
Default What is the ONE thing that has to be in music for you to enjoy it

Just give me the ONE thing that has to be there(in the music) for you to really enjoy a song or an album...whatever

sometimes its hard to narrow it because there are so many aspects to music
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: What is the ONE thing that has to be in music for you to enjoy it

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

There has to be a good mixture of chords and inversions, and I usually like for there to be a little bit of ambiguity present in some spots where the tonal center in concerned.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!

Last edited by Don Giovanni; 12-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

a good hook

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Bitches and Hos.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Raw emotion

probably one of the reasons i love live records...but really impressed when some bands push it to the studio record...sometimes risking a quality aspect
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

I like some good guiter riffs, though it's not required. I've heard some songs with some great piano solos too.

Just thought I would add this and she's kind of hot too, lots of good riffs.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

an attention grabbing aspect. whether it's lyrical (too many examples to choose from honestly), a kickass instrumental intro (Enter Sandman - Metallica, Hotel California - Eagles), or just a combination of either a sick beat or smooth melodic sound that builds instrument-by-instrument to a crescendo that has you fully engulfed by the time the full song starts (Down With The Sickness - Disturbed, Straight Out Of Line - Godsmack, Tuesday's Gone - Skynyrd or Metallica *pick your poison*)

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
Raw emotion

probably one of the reasons i love live records...but really impressed when some bands push it to the studio record...sometimes risking a quality aspect
^
This

I have grown up learning to appreciate all kinds of music, and love the
"feeling" I get from songs written and played with Emotions. Some types
of music or Artists do it purposely, some end up with it in the finished
work without realizing it. Most of the time the passion and feelings
are those of the artists who produced the finished work.

I ended up chosing Blues and R&B Rock as my personal favorite music to
listen to, but there was never a point in my life that I didn't listen to
music of all kinds and loved it all, with the exception of Rap / Hip Hop
and that stuff they are calling Rock n Roll now. I have a lot of CDs I've
made of Celtic Music, Country / Western, Classical, Blue Grass etc...
I listen to those at times when I just feel the need for a change from
Classic Rock music.

Music that has "Heart" / Passion, Emotion etc.. and it comes across to
me with Feelings that I can sense......I like It !
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Musicianship. I hate posers and pretenders who either don't play instruments at all or pretend to play an instrument. If it's original and the bandmembers are playing musical instruments (a turntable is not a musical instrument!) I'll give most any music a shot.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
auslander
Beach bum

Male

CockyCash: 710
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Personally I like music with some intellect. Good lyrics are essential for that.
Pink Floyd is in my collection the best I suppose.

But I also enjoy European military marches.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1060200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

I find myself attracted to music with an acoustic guitar more than electric. Don't get me wrong, I do love a good screaming electric solo or riff, just more of an acoustic man I guess.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I think that along with a good sound, a song has to really catch me with the lyrics. I have always been one for wanting to have great words to go along with great music, be it a love song, rock & roll, country & western or whatever type of music I am enjoying at the moment other than rap or hip-hop.

To me a good "word smith" on a song can make or break it. I love hearing some of great song writing teams in the past like Lennon/McCartney - Jagger/Richards - Brian Wilson/Mike Love and so many more than I can name at this time.

Just the other day I was listening to my I-Pod and "Moon River" came on by Jerry "The Ice Man" Butler and the music and words just made me sit down and replay the song about 3 times. Now I am a guy that loves all types of music, but I am now at a age where a great song from the past can reach out and grab me like it never did in my younger days. The old saying about "Stop And Smell The Roses" also goes for good music. Stop and listen to some of the old stuff where legends were made by singers with wonderful voices that did not have to be doctored up to make them sound good. I love going back and listening to stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's all the time and remembering why all of that music is still considered by people in the music business to be the "best of all time".
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Honesty...you have got to mean it.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

cowbell