CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
ccured
sporkgod50
i29gman
The Yancey
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
The #AskEmmert Q& (626)
Stadium Ratings-Site (556)
Peach Bowl name retu (320)
Construction of Worl (320)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (313)
Save Electricity By (284)
HELP calculating acr (237)
NBA Wants to Up Age (221)
How Experienced In P (168)
Salut Salon "We (89)
2015 - Rashard Causey
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Sweet Corn!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Kelcy and Vic questioned
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #21
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: When is everyone heading down to Tampa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
We came down today. When ya'll come down, be careful and watch your speed. Heavy police presence on I-95, I-10 and I-75.

I had forgotten what a haul it is to Tampa. Man, I'm whooped.
I've never driven there from Columbia before,how long did it take.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

The motorhome is leaving in four hours. Glad I'm sleeping first shift. Where's the Gamecock NY parties?
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
The motorhome is leaving in four hours. Glad I'm sleeping first shift. Where's the Gamecock NY parties?
Good question. Where are the parties?
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
uscfsu23
Blue Chip

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

So what is the best path to take, thru Orlando or down 301?

Thanks!
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Leaving Sunday Morning early, early, early. The traffic on I26 @ I95 was terrible last night coming back from Columbia to Charleston. I got stuck for an hour going 4 miles.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
So what is the best path to take, thru Orlando or down 301?

Thanks!

Try this route (From South Carolina)

I-95, cross into Florida... go about 10 miles... take the Yulee Exit (A1A--Exit 373), head West... that turns into Hwy 301.... take 301 until right outside of Gainesville.... take Florida Hwy 24 towards Gainesville.... take that to I-75... head south towards Tampa..
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

To all my fellow cockytalkers, please be carefull when you get on 301. There are a lot of speed traps that the small towns use to generate income. If you are speeding they will stop you and the new ticket laws in FL are not cheap.

I know it says alachua county but they are all the same for every county.
http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/Cl...fic-fines.aspx

Here are a few speed traps along 301. Look for AAA billboards that saySPEED TRAP AHEAD!

The following link shows where a couple are.
http://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/pgr/traffic_traps.aspx

WATCH OUT FOR STARKE! The speed limit drops for like .02 of a mile and they will get you there. I think it goes from 65 to 55 then back to 65 and there is only one little sign the that you will miss if your not looking for it.

Everyone have a safe trip and GO COCKS!!
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

I will be leaving Monday morning to go to Busch Gardens for New Years and then the game tuesday.

Busch Gardens does a big thing for the New Years with a huge firework show.

It should only take me like 3 1/2 hours to get there.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
To all my fellow cockytalkers, please be carefull when you get on 301. There are a lot of speed traps that the small towns use to generate income. If you are speeding they will stop you and the new ticket laws in FL are not cheap.

I know it says alachua county but they are all the same for every county.
http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/Cl...fic-fines.aspx

Here are a few speed traps along 301. Look for AAA billboards that saySPEED TRAP AHEAD!

The following link shows where a couple are.
http://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/pgr/traffic_traps.aspx

WATCH OUT FOR STARKE! The speed limit drops for like .02 of a mile and they will get you there. I think it goes from 65 to 55 then back to 65 and there is only one little sign the that you will miss if your not looking for it.

Everyone have a safe trip and GO COCKS!!
BC is correct. When the signs say Speed Trap Ahead they do indeed mean it, it's no B.S. Was through there in October & Smokies were on high alert with a few poor saps pulled over.
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I've never driven there from Columbia before,how long did it take.
It took us 7 hours and 10 minutes. That was non-stop and traveling down 301 and theinterstates I listed in my other posting.
Gamecock1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #31
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Leaving Sunday morning. This is my first trip down to tampa.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #32
uscfsu23
Blue Chip

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Just arrived about a hour ago. Took right at 8 hours with almost no traffic. We went thru Orlando. Any suggestions on what to do tomorrow in Tampa with the crap weather predicted?
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming in

Leaving Sunday morning from Summerville. Planning on the Busch Gardens thing Monday....
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
LimpCock
Blackout

Male

CockyCash: 13758453
LimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPit

thanks for the driving tips, ready to get down there and immediately start drowning myself in alcohol for nye

LimpCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #35
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Just arrived about a hour ago. Took right at 8 hours with almost no traffic. We went thru Orlando. Any suggestions on what to do tomorrow in Tampa with the crap weather predicted?
What crap weather? You mean the cooler temps? Head to Columbia in Ybor City for a fantastic Sunday Brunch and their tableside sangria.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #36
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I'm sure yall in Tampa know this but it supposed to be like 72 and sunny on Tuesday, according to the weather channel. So yall will have good weather. Hope you have a good time and hopefully a good game!!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I live in Tampa but we're driving down from spending Christmas with the fam now
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #38
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1667066
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

leaving tomorrow morning at 5am from Columbia. Hoping I95 wont be too big of a clusterf*ck. Hopefully we get past Savannah before rush hour.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #39
enduro bud
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 244
enduro bud has hatched from the shell

Leaving at 7a.m. Hope to find some Gamecocks to hang with in Clearwater...
enduro bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #40
mustlovekiltz
Walk On

Male

mustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his claws

I live in the Gainesville, Fl area. The towns that you have to watch for are Starke, Lawtey, and Waldo. (especially Waldo) The will stop you going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. The Waldo Police use to have have sponsors on their cars kind of like a race car but I don't know if the still do. I haven't been up there in about a year I take other roads.
mustlovekiltz is offline   Reply With Quote