CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Kyle76
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
18IsTheMan
GSC2013
Spurticus
Roosterboy
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
who thinks we need a (960)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Pirate Depth Chart
Finally Cooled Off
Wesley Green?
Do we have any shot again
East Carolina Prediction
Carolina opens -15.5
A&M on 3rd down
Past SEC Champions who ha
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 12-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #381
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
SO now you're getting on the guy for accepting interview requests? You think he needs to schedule this himself? THey call him or his agent or the jets media relations department. ANd if he didnt do an interview and that story got out, people would say he was a prick. Its amazing. Get off the kids nuts. Im sorry you're jealous.
No the point of the matter is Tebow has no problem with using the media when it suits his purpose but when the same media criticizes him, you and the rest of Tebow ballcuppers make him out to be the victim Thats hypocrisy at its finest, Tebow want media attention well don't bitch when its negative media attention, take the good with the bad if not shut the **** up, you martyr little bitch. Tebow is the Sandra Fluke of the NFL.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #382
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I got a Tebow Carolina jersey for Christmas.
Had number 15 and Tebow put on it

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #383
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
No the point of the matter is Tebow has no problem with using the media when it suits his purpose but when the same media criticizes him, you and the rest of Tebow ballcuppers make him out to be the victim Thats hypocrisy at its finest, Tebow want media attention well don't bitch when its negative media attention, take the good with the bad if not shut the **** up, you martyr little bitch. Tebow is the Sandra Fluke of the NFL.
WHat do you mean when it suits his purpose?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #384
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
WHat do you mean when it suits his purpose?
When he uses it for personal gain, self promotion, or positive press. Come on you understand what using the media for suiting his purpose is, no one is that clueless..
Old 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #385
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
When he uses it for personal gain, self promotion, or positive press. Come on you understand what using the media for suiting his purpose is, no one is that clueless..
Ya, Id agree with you if he only did interviews after something positive happened.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #386
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Ya, Id agree with you if he only did interviews after something positive happened.
There is a difference between doing a post game presser and going on ABC talking about Taylor Swift. Again if Cam spent that much time in front of a camera people would be calling him a cancer and self loving prick. But when it is the Pure One he gets a pass because he is who he is.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #387
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Spurrier might rather you not use his name while saying these derogatory things about Tebow.

The media doesn't favor Christians. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #388
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
There is a difference between doing a post game presser and going on ABC talking about Taylor Swift. Again if Cam spent that much time in front of a camera people would be calling him a cancer and self loving prick. But when it is the Pure One he gets a pass because he is who he is.
No one cares what Cam has to say. He's a quarterback for a losing team in a small market. If he was in New York, they'd be all over him. You have to learn how the media works. Tebow is ratings, Cam Newton, Nothing. The media knows this, and they take advantage of it. Im surprised there isnt a 10 page story in the NY Times that tebow said "Damn" in practice.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #389
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
No one cares what Cam has to say. He's a quarterback for a losing team in a small market. If he was in New York, they'd be all over him. You have to learn how the media works. Tebow is ratings, Cam Newton, Nothing. The media knows this, and they take advantage of it. Im surprised there isnt a 10 page story in the NY Times that tebow said "Damn" in practice.
Cam is writing Peyton Manning out of the record books in his first two years in the league. Almost every one of the records Peyton set in his first two years in the league are getting left in the dust by a player who really destroyed the mold.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #390
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly.
Russell Wilson is having a fantastic season and he's 3rd fiddle in the ROY debate because he's in Seattle

Tebow being in NY just adds fuel to the fire.
If he's in Jacksonville it's no where near where it is now.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #391
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Cam is writing Peyton Manning out of the record books in his first two years in the league. Almost every one of the records Peyton set in his first two years in the league are getting left in the dust by a player who really destroyed the mold.
That crap doesnt matter. The panthers have won like 10 games in the last two season. The media wants stories not records. If Cam was 30-2 as a starter, they'd be all over him. Small fish, big pond.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #392
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Yea but he plays in Charlotte and his team isn't good.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #393
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea but he plays in Charlotte and his team isn't good.
Apparently that doesnt matter because his name is Cam Newton. The world media should be following him becuase he breaks records and molds.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #394
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Apparently that doesnt matter because his name is Cam Newton. The world media should be following him becuase he breaks records and molds.
They would if his news made money for them. It's all money-driven.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #395
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
This is not tabloids reporting this, this is 3 major news networks that are not retracting their statements. There is really no controversy here. Tebow admitted (in his own words in front of cameras) his displeasure with the wildcat and that he asked to play regular quarterback.

And of course there is absolutely no problem, with wanting be QB, but it is not professional to complain to you boss about part of your job that you don't like. Yeah, I'm sure he would go in there in the Wildcat if they forced him to do that. But once you let the cat out of the bag you can't put it back in, you are going to be replaced by someone that doesn't have a problem with doing your job AND you run the risk of putting yourself on your bosses's "sh*t list".

I know you love you some Tebow and hate Rex Ryan's guts and everyone else in the Jets management. I don't like Rex Ryan either, I think he is scum and I have no adoration of Tebow or think he should be playing. But Rex Ryan is the boss he makes the decisions and he is popular with his players. Tim Tebow wants to be starting QB on an NFL team? Who doesn't? I'm sure McElroy does, he even hid a concussion to try to. I've grudgingly done plenty of things for work that I didn't like doing or thought I shouldn't have to, but I never complained to my bosses about their decisions, unless I was ready to quit if I didn't get the response that I wanted and accept any criticism and negative reference that came with that. That is just it. Tebow won't accept the criticism and his fans can't because they are so infatuated with him. They would dare vent their frustration on their hero, so they lash out at the easy target and spew their hatred onto the person who is not giving their hero and them what they want, and the ones getting those desired opportunities. Sour Grapes Tebow.

You only really have three options in that situation: 1. Shut up and just do it. 2. Whine about it. 3. quit. Not even one full year and he is already whining, and he is going to quit at the end of the season, so of course he is going to take this criticism after all this talk about being a "team player."
A QB drafted to play QB and picked up in FA as a QB wants to play QB? And he isn't happy with not being able to do that??? First of all, to "3 major news networks" for breaking this piece. What a gem. I'm thinking the Jets pick up, let us say Sexy Rexy Grossman, and told him that he could compete for the QB position and that there were special packages for him (hah). Then the season starts, and it's clear that the "special package" is not going to be utilized anywhere near the extent it was conceptualized in the preseason. On top of that, you're skipped over for the 3rd string when the starter goes out.

Hmmmmmm. Me thinks Sir Sexem n Rexem wouldn't be too happy about that. But to actually confide within your coach about your displeasure??? STUPID. Coaches don't care about passion and motivation. They care about not being "disrespected" and having their mindless players simply be drones on the field to do their biding.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote