CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
MountainCock
RGHoskins
Kaka
smoovecock
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
COCKYTALKIN
The Gator Bowl wants (1625)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1402)
USC will upset Aubur (1234)
A simple defensive l (1045)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (652)
Texas athletic direc (600)
Ranking the SEC Foot (417)
This is War (400)
USC Picked 12th By S (398)
Texas athletic director:
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
In-state QB talent
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Tennessee game
SEC Debate: Best candidat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #1541
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nick Ruffin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Class of 2014 DB Nicholas Ruffin (6-1 180) of Atlanta has offers from USC, LSU, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Louisiana-Lafayette. Ruffin named USC, LSU, Florida State, Vanderbilt and North Carolina as his top five in no order. He added this is not a final list. "I would like to make my decision by the start of my senior season but I am in no hurry," said Ruffin. When discussing his favorites he said of USC, "I like coach (Lorenzo) Ward. He made me feel at home. They have the most energetic crowd-I was there for the Georgia game-and it was one of my most enjoyable visits." As for LSU, Ruffin said, "It's home. My family is from there and I still have a lot of family in Louisiana. Of course, everybody knows it is DBU and it's a great school." Ruffin spoke of Vandy's academic prowess and James Franklin. "He is building something they can be proud of and I wouldn't mind being a part of that to be honest with you," said Ruffin. He has visited all five of his favorites. As a junior he totaled 67 tackles, four forced fumbles, three interceptions, nine pass deflections and five touchdowns. He does not have a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/121219678

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #1542
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hyleck Foster Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Class of 2014 ATH Hyleck Foster of Gaffney feels his first offers should come in the near future. According to Foster, USC and UNC are close to offering. The schools showing interest include USC, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Pitt, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech. Several of these schools have stopped by his school to visit Foster in recent weeks. "It's been crazy," he said. "Maryland, Duke, Wake Forest, UNC, LSU, Cincinnati, Mississippi State and South Carolina have all come by. USC is telling me that once I get there I can play anywhere on the field." He did not name the Gamecocks among his favorites listing North Carolina, Mississippi State and Pitt as those schools. "I like the offense they run at North Carolina," Foster said. "I like the way they spead the field and use Giovanni (Bernard) because I'm a running back. I've been up there a bunch and I like the campus." His cousin played at Mississippi State and is encouraging him to do the same. "Pitt runs the ball more so I like their offense too," he added. Foster plans to attend junior days at USC, Clemson and North Carolina with Mississippi State and Cincinnati as possibilities. He did not name a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/121219679

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #1543
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Braxton Berrios Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior WR Braxton Berrios of Raleigh has received visits from USC and Clemson in recent weeks. USC has been by his school several times. “I’ve talked to South Carolina a little more than Clemson,” said Berrios. “Both schools are telling me basically the same thing. They see me as a slot receiver. (USC) Coach (Joe) Robinson is also telling me he likes me as a kick returner on special teams.” Berrios joked with a “no comment” when asked of his favorites but did hint that USC and Clemson are strongly in the mix. Other schools that have been by to see him include North Carolina, Ohio State, East Carolina, NC State and Wake Forest. “I’m sure I’ll go to some junior days but I haven’t set any of them up yet,” he said. “I’ll probably go to South Carolina or Clemson…or both. I’m sure I’ll make at least one of them.” Berrios plans to make his decision early next fall. His offers include USC, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, East Carolina, Virginia Tech, Maryland and Minnesota.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...8SportsTalk%29

Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #1544
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Khairi Clark Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior DL Khari Clark (6-3 311) of Hollywood, FL has 28 offers already including Clemson and USC. Both were by the school this month as were Oklahoma, Miami, Florida State and Nebraska. “Nebraska told me I’m the #1 defensive tackle on their board,” Clark said. He does not have favorites and is staying open. “I’m looking for a school with a great education, good football team, a team that’s always together, and high graduation rates.” This season Clark went to games at Maryland at Miami. He wants to get to Clemson, USC and Oklahoma next year. He will not make a decision until his senior season.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #1545
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Denzel Franklin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior DB Denzel Franklin (6-0 190) of Atlanta named USC as his favorite. He says he has not received any offers but acknowledged the Gamecocks have made a verbal offer. “That was after my sophomore year…it’s nothing official,” said Franklin. “I definitely like them a lot. I like the coaches and I love the defense.” Franklin has visited USC and liked what he saw saying simply, “I just like the whole set up there.” Other schools showing interest are Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Miami, Alabama, Indiana and Louisville. His visits include USC, Miami, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Alabama and Georgia. “Georgia Tech is in the city so it’s close to everything,” he said. “Miami has South Beach, great weather, and it’s a nice campus. Louisville was pretty nice too but it seemed a little too suburban.” Franklin does not have a time frame for a decision.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #1546
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Andrew Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Highly-touted DE Andrew Williams (6-4 245) of McDonough, GA has approximately 27 offers, including USC and Clemson, and has plans to narrow his list to five sometime in February. “If I don’t do it by February, I’ll have it down to five by the end of the month,” Williams said. His other offers include Georgia Tech, Florida, Notre Dame, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan and Southern Cal. He visited Clemson earlier this season. “I like Clemson,” he said. “They were one of the first to offer me. I’ve formed a bond with their coaches. When I was up there, I loved the campus.” He has yet to visit USC but says he is planning a trip. “I’m going to get up there soon,” said Williams. “Their defensive coach (Lorenzo Ward) told me that I’m everything they’re looking for and by the time I got there, they would need me to play. I’ve been watching their defense…been watching Jadeveon Clowney…obviously they’re doing something right up there.” Other schools Williams has visited include Georgia (who has yet to offer), Georgia Tech, Florida, FSU and Notre Dame. He named Florida and Notre Dame as schools that stood out adding, “They’re new to me so they’re going to stand out. I like Georgia Tech a lot but since I’m a Georgia boy….I’m really familiar with them.” He totaled 81 tackles, 20 for loss and 18 sacks this past season. Williams does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...-from-the-acc/

Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #1547
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Ryeshene Bronson Thread (2014 Prospect) - Florida

Quote:
Junior WR Ryshene Bronson (6-3 195) of Ft. Myers, FL committed to Florida last summer but that hasn’t deterred other schools from making offers, including USC. “I like South Carolina,” Bronson said. “They throw the ball a lot. I’m still looking around but my home is Florida right now. I like coach Muschamp. They’ve come a long way from last year. And I’ve known (new WR) coach Phillips for a while.” Bronson, who is the cousin of Gamecock safety Jordan Diggs, said he might visit USC at some point. He also has offers from Auburn, North Carolina, Florida State and Massachusetts. This season Bronson had 21 catches for 435 yards and 5 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...ry/recruiting/

Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #1548
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Elliot Berry - Tennessee

Defensive Back from Fairburn, Georgia.

USC offer per Kornblut. Brother of Eric Berry, has a twin brother by the name of Evan, who also has a USC offer. USC has offered 2 pairs of twins for 2014 (Lawrence and Lance Austin are the others).

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1549
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Lawrence Austin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Everybody talked about another set of twins, the Berry brothers, coming into the game. But it was the Austin twins, Lawrence and Lance, who stole the show in the secondary. They are both around 5-10 or 5-9 and 175 pounds but will knock the tar out of you. They both have offers from South Carolina, Marshall and South Alabama, and are considered to be a lean to the Gamecocks.
Link: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...ngseniors-com/

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1550
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Lance Austin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Everybody talked about another set of twins, the Berry brothers, coming into the game. But it was the Austin twins, Lawrence and Lance, who stole the show in the secondary. They are both around 5-10 or 5-9 and 175 pounds but will knock the tar out of you. They both have offers from South Carolina, Marshall and South Alabama, and are considered to be a lean to the Gamecocks.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #1551
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Treyvon Paulk Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Milton RB Treyvon Paulk (5-8, 195, with 12 offers, including Tennessee and Vanderbilt) can do a little bit of everything with running and catching. He may be the most athletic player on the West

Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #1552
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lance Austin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Well that's a way to take care of depth issues at CB....
Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #1553
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Cortez McDowell Thread (2014 Prospect)

Interview via Scout

Old 12-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #1554
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Shaun Dion Hamilton - Alabama

Quote:
12/19/2012: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Shaun Hamilton
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #1555
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Rashaan Evans

Quote:
12/4/2012: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Rashaan Evans
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #1556
UTVOLS
Vols, Butch!

Male

CockyCash: 500
UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material
Default Re: Elliot Berry Thread (2014 Prospect)

Trooper Taylor not being at Auburn is a sigh of relief for those in the Berry twins hunt.

Of course, not having Dooley around helps us out, too.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #1557
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Caleb Kinlaw Thread (2014 Prospect)

Butch Jones was smart keeping Jay Graham. I think UT is still out in front with Caleb, he has a great relationship with Graham.

Despite missing two games and nagged with injuries all year, Caleb still managed to rush for over 1000 yards and 15 Tds. He has rushed for over 3000 career yards while maintaining 8.7 yds per carry for the Goose Creek Gators.

Junior Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/590810/#highlights/29221892
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #1558
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Elliot Berry Thread (2014 Prospect)

Any chance?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #1559
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

Based on what I've heard around the Lowcountry, sounds like USC is third AT BEST with Mr. Kinlaw. This was over a month ago so things may have changed but I doubt it.

I've heard NOTHING but GREAT things about this young man too.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #1560
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
Based on what I've heard around the Lowcountry, sounds like USC is third AT BEST with Mr. Kinlaw. This was over a month ago so things may have changed but I doubt it.

I've heard NOTHING but GREAT things about this young man too.
we have other prospects ahead of him on the board

Closed Thread