CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
BlueHerons
trapper82
nodnahs
robgusc76
TigerSpectator
2000grad
TonyVercetti
TAMU Starting CB Out (1373)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1368)
Clowney possibly hur (994)
Our players and the (956)
They are coming to y (885)
2013 game vs TN is o (865)
Your SEC Standings P (746)
Hard Knocks this wee (666)
an apology (577)
Favorite Gamecock of (574)
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Connor Shaw Browns
Your SEC Standings Predic
TAMU Starting CB Out For
an apology
Clemson RB Out for Year
First "Carolina Call
texags
Gamecocks do the Ice Buck
Question about renewing (

Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #41
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: When is everyone heading down to Tampa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustlovekiltz View Post
I live in the Gainesville, Fl area. The towns that you have to watch for are Starke, Lawtey, and Waldo. (especially Waldo) The will stop you going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. The Waldo Police use to have have sponsors on their cars kind of like a race car but I don't know if the still do. I haven't been up there in about a year I take other roads.
Okay.... Now when ur on 301 between towns, how fast can ya get away with?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #42
mustlovekiltz
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
mustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his clawsmustlovekiltz is sharpening his claws

Between towns the Sheriff's office and state troopers typically won't bother you unless it is excessive speeding. I typically drive 5-8 over the speed limit between towns and they haven't messed with me. It's the town cops that are the problem. You have to remember that there are a lot of people on the roads and they see these couple of weeks of Christmas and New Years and bowl week as a money maker. If you see a speed limit sign in a town just stay under it. As for me I have to work and I won't be able to make the game but I'll be there in spirit.
mustlovekiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #43
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
What crap weather? You mean the cooler temps? Head to Columbia in Ybor City for a fantastic Sunday Brunch and their tableside sangria.
The genius weather man predicted rain all day...they were wrong!
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #44
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

My brother is taking his 13 y/o son to the game this year for his Xmas present. The nephew of mine was pretty ticked we didn't take him to Orlando last year so he got his wish! They leave tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #45
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Tampa was great today ! Try Leroy Selmon's place,great food and sports bar .Hard Rock was little tough on me,but had a good time at a steak place later named Cody's.Shula's on the menu for tomorrow night . Locals all warn about drinking and driving,be careful !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #46
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
The genius weather man predicted rain all day...they were wrong!
Our weather is usually quite different (and warmer) than Tampa even though we are only an hour south (we are below the frost line, Tampa is on it) and it rained here all day two days ago.

That's why it's a PIA that all of our news/weather stations are out of Tampa.
BlueHerons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #47
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

flying out of Charlotte tomorrow
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Our weather is usually quite different (and warmer) than Tampa even though we are only an hour south (we are below the frost line, Tampa is on it) and it rained here all day two days ago.

That's why it's a PIA that all of our news/weather stations are out of Tampa.
Just out of curiosity, what is the frost line?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #49
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

We're here @ Walters Press Box...waiting on the Panthers game
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Today is probably the chilliest day we have had all year long...still sunny and I can wear shorts, but there is definitely a chill in the air.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #51
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I made it down here about 5:00. Left Newberry at 8:45 this morning, no stops until the Florida welcome center to get free orange juice, and another stop for gas in Jacksonville. Were making good time until Orlando traffic. Will be going back on 301.

Looking forward to relaxing a few days before school starts back Thursday.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #52
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the frost line?
r

It is where the ground will freeze. It kind of cuts across the state where Orlando is but Tampa sits on the line because it is warmer along the coast than inland.

I believe all of Florida's citris crop is below the frost line. Even though it can and does freeze below it, it is rare.

In the winter, the average daily high temps can be as much as 15 degrees cooler in Miami that Tampa but only about a seven degree difference in Fort Myers or Sarasota.
BlueHerons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #53
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Leaving in 11 hours!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #54
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

My brother and nephew just made it do own to Tampa! The left about 9 am with a friend. He wanted me to say... Go Cocks!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #55
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

So after telling every one how to not get a ticket.... Guess what I got?? Thats right, I went through a damn yellow light down in Tampa that I should have made but they have this rip off system that seemed like it knew I was gonna go through the yellow and turned the light red immediatly and took a picture of my tag. Wonder when I will recieve my little gift. #Facepalm
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote