CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
peterlemon
ktguen
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2514)
Morris to SMU (1858)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1237)
Carolina on a Walmar (688)
Game simulation (537)
Penniless: Creed's S (334)
Strategy First Steam (251)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans (152)
Origin Sale Too (140)
Morris to SMU
2017 - Savales Cann
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Clemson fans
Have we been favored in e
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #15381
UTVOLS
Vols, Butch!

Male

CockyCash: 500
UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marquez North Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
I have always been under the impression he was a Tarheel lean.
Perhaps. But from our side it was widely accepted he was and still is leaning towards UT. North was one of a select few all of our "insiders" felt good about during the Dooley days. North left after the Florida game very high about Tennessee and the offense.

I'm not going to lie, I'll be pissed if we lose North to UNC lol

Edit: There is talk that North will be coming to UT for an UOV this January. He already visited for the Florida game in September. Coach Jones was quick to make an in-home visit with North upon being hired. He is our #1 target at WR and from all indications he and his family were impressed.

Last edited by UTVOLS; 12-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #15382
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 3 Gamecock commitments playing in Semper Fi Bowl

I posted this in the David Williams thread and will post it here as well since it answers a question that has been asked.

Quote:
Running back David Williams from Philadelphia will announce his decision on Jan. 4 during the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in Los Angeles.

Williams is considering South Carolina, Arizona State, Miami and Penn State.

South Carolina has continued to lead for the services of Williams thanks in large part to the recruiting of head coach Steve Spurrier and quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus.

"When I went down there I was impressed with the facilities and the area down there," Williams told ESPN RecruitingNation. "Also, I got a great relationship with Coach Mangus and also talk to Coach Spurrier every two weeks."

Williams told ESPN he will only visit South Carolina (Jan. 18) if he chooses the Gamecocks.
Paraphrased on MrSEC.com from an ESPN Insider article.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #15383
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 3 Gamecock commitments playing in Semper Fi Bowl

So it appears we lead, he will announce on January 4th and if he goes with us he will not take any other visits except one to Columbia.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #15384
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brandon Golson Thread (2013 Prospect) - Arizona

The long and winding road.

I've always been really big on him, he was underrated coming out of high school. If he can get everything straightened out, I'd love to see him end up here.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #15385
TheWeave09
streetcarl if youre nasty

Male

CockyCash: 642
TheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his combTheWeave09 is developing his comb

My thoughts exactly acock. Chris Payne and Brandon Golson are pretty much the reason why I stopped following recruiting as closely as I used to. Would love to have him here though
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #15386
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit
Default Two Gamecock commits playing in Offense-Defense Bowl

Offense-Defense All American Bowl, tonite at 7pm.

In Charleston, game will be on CSS, Comcast Ch 402 on Monday, 1pm.

Gamecock Commits:

Gerald Turner MLB, Goose Creek, SC
Turner will be playing MLB in a 4-3 set for this bowl game.

David Johnson DE, Lithonia, Ga
Johnson will be playing SAM backer for this bowl game.

Players from South Carolina:
Jalen Stevens LB, Goose Creek, SC
Harold Atkinson RB, Myrtle Beach, SC
Mike Williams WR, Lake Marion, SC

Notables to watch:
Taj Williams WR, Lincoln, Fl (are we still recruiting him?)
Derek Calloway T, Manatee, Fl
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #15387
Gamecocktuck
Old-Timer

Male

CockyCash: 717
Gamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his claws

A longshot to get him admitted into USC.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #15388
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mackensie Alexander Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Don't discount Kentucky for cornerback Mackensie Alexander. He has a great relationship with Mark Stoops, who was the defensive coordinator at his rumored one-time favorite FSU, as well as D.J. Elliott and Alexander is the kind of kid who would make a surprise decision. Kentucky would also be willing to take his brother, Mackenro Alexander, something I'm not sure some other schools will do. I'm not predicting Kentucky for Mackensie, but I will say they could have a hat on the table when he decides.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1453284

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #15389
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alquadin Muhammad Thread (2013 Prospect)

Article via Rivals

Article via II

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #15390
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mackensie Alexander Thread (2013 Prospect)

Stoops is a huge upgrade IMO and he'll recruit much better than Joker.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #15391
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Kailo Moore Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Moore is a standout in track and field. As a junior, he posted a 10.77-second 100-meter dash and a 21.27 200-meter time to win the AAU Junior Olympic championships. On the gridiron, he runs a 4.40 40 and is a scoring threat every time he touches the ball. During the week, he was the fastest player on either team until he injured his leg. Despite the injury, there wasn't another player as electric as Moore.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450292

Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #15392
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: B.J. Beecher Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Beecher was the most accurate this week, and it was mostly because of his footwork and the timing he developed with wide receivers. Beecher was able to take the snap, drop back and deliver the ball to where it needed to be, putting it in a spot where it was easy for the receivers to catch.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450216

Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #15393
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Mykal Moody Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Mykal Moody was also a great route runner. The way he cut while running his routes caused defenders to hesitate because they were unsure of where Moody would go.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #15394
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: D'Andre "Chocolate" Wilson Thread (2013 Prospect)

Got mentioned as one of the fastest players at the Shrine Bowl

Quote:
Cornerback Chocolate Wilson also deserves to be mentioned because opposing receivers rarely got past him.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #15395
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Malcolm Green Thread (2013 Prospect)

Got mentioned as having some of the best hands at the Shrine Bowl

Quote:
Malcolm Green showed good hands this week and deserves a mention.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #15396
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Keiston Smith Thread (2013 Prospect)

Got mentioned as having one of the best arms at the Shrine Bowl

Quote:
Keiston Smith also showed his arm strength, launching some deep balls.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #15397
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Michael Julian Thread (2013 Prospect)

Got mentioned as being one of the most accurate at the Shrine Bowl

Quote:
Michael Julian was a little less consistent than Beecher but was still completing many of his passes.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #15398
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Derrick Green Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Green still has a top six of Michigan, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miami and Oregon, but he has hinted that new schools could get into the mix and he isn't close to a decision. He said Michigan has a slight edge with the coaching changes at Auburn and Tennessee and he is hoping to take a trip to Miami next.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1447566

Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #15399
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Laremy Tunsil Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Derrick Henry is working on Florida offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil a bit for the Tide, and he feels Tunsil is torn between Alabama and Georgia. Tunsil's recent visit to Alabama pushed it very close to Georgia, which had been the leader.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1447566

Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #15400
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Matt Burke Thread (2013 Prospect)

Article via Rivals

Closed Thread