CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
Fight, win, kick a-- (1385)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1035)
The Gator Bowl wants (1023)
CFN prediction for a (936)
A simple defensive l (808)
USC will upset Aubur (804)
In-state QB talent (627)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (352)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Rest of the season predic
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur

Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
CBSpur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 375
CBSpur has hatched from the shell
Default Favorite Gamecock football player of all time?

Who is everyone's favorite Gamecock Football player of all time? I'll post the results within the next week! I personally go extremely recent and saying DJ Swearinger he's been my favorite since I first saw him play he he has great work ethic and does all the dirty work. He also still works his butt off and doesn't get much attention outside of South Carolina. Id like to just hear what yall think! Go Cocks!
CBSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Bruisercock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bruisercock has feathers coming inBruisercock has feathers coming inBruisercock has feathers coming in
Default Re: Favorite Gamecock football player of all time?

Sterling sharpe for me! Loved many though tony Watkins was a hitting machine Clowney all my hometown kids from rock hill!
Bruisercock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

hmmmm

marcus lattimore
ryan brewer

i havent truly found my all time fav yet though
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Gilmore, Jeffery and Clowney are all very close.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Chris Culliver....I liked how he would jump on top of piles. One time he went to jump and missed the whole thing lol
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Big George, if you never saw him play, you wouldn't believe me. He was that damn good.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Jeff Grantz...not only favorte Football player, but one of my two / three
favorite players of all Gamecock Sports in my lifetime. Dude was a
phenominal athlete.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Jeff Grantz...not only favorte Football player, but one of my two / three
favorite players of all Gamecock Sports in my lifetime. Dude was a
phenominal athlete.

Jeff Grantz and Marcus Lattimore for me. Both got the most out of their talents and their talents were considerable. They always showed up. I loved George Rogers too.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

James Flowers

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Probably Sterling since I'm also a Green Bay fan.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Marcus Lattimore recently displaced Jeff Grantz as mine. His impact on the team, the program, combined with his on-field accomplishments join his personal characteristics to make him my favorite.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Marcus. He is that good and that classy. I mean..what a great man to wear the G&B.

Brewer. I love the underdog story and how he did vs OSU in the OB.

Ron Rabune. Safety. Most of you won't remember him. I got to hang out with him during the summer in the 80's at Whaley's Mill and he was so nice. Such a cool guy. Drafted by the Raiders. He had a bad shoulder.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

1. Sterling Sharpe
2. Marcus Lattimore
3. Harold Green, Duce Staley, or Alshon Jeffrey
Clearly Big George was the man! But I was only 3 or so when he won the heisman...Honorable mention goes to Steve Tanneyhill. Not the most talented QB that we've had. But going up 2 Taterville Tech and winning as a freshman...then carving his signature on the tiger paw at mid-field...CLASSIC!!!
Coop2Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop2Cocky View Post
1. Sterling Sharpe
2. Marcus Lattimore
3. Harold Green, Duce Staley, or Alshon Jeffrey
Clearly Big George was the man! But I was only 3 or so when he won the heisman...Honorable mention goes to Steve Tanneyhill. Not the most talented QB that we've had. But going up 2 Taterville Tech and winning as a freshman...then carving his signature on the tiger paw at mid-field...CLASSIC!!!
I'll add Clowney to this list after he wins the Heisman next year!
Coop2Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Hard to name just one;
Grantz, Big George and Lattimore have to be at the top of the list.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
addisojc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 383
addisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his claws

Stephen Garcia.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 12-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Sterling

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Offense-Marcus Defense-DJ Swearinger
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

3 recent or current players are taking over all the others, Marcus Lattimore (for his heart, awesome rushing ability, and love of God), Jadaveon Clowney (for his awesome ability to get to the QB and for saying he won't lose to Clemson), and DJ Swearinger (for being a beast, his hard hits and for letting the Tater Ellignton know he's the Incredible Freaking Hulk).

Last edited by RudeCock; 12-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.
RudeCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 875
SCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his comb

Syvelle Newton
Captain Munnerlyn
Chris Culliver
DJ Swearinger
Cory Boyd

The past is history,tomorrow is a mystery,but today is a gift.. that is why we call it the present
SCMunnerlyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote