CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
taylorssc
lilhornet
cockybusiness2
beak2
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
Kentucky prediction
Build a New Stadium
4th & 1 Play
Upstate Football Games Re
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens

Old 12-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #2221
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Panthers 2012 Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
But didn't he have less than 200 before that carry? That's what I was saying. As soon as they said it on TV, I thought it was wrong. Of course I'm no statistician, and I'll take it!
Just saw someone say 191 and then another said 210. Who knows
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #2222
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Box score says 21 carries for 210 yards. Guys on radio said 210 yards.

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
D. Williams 21 210 2 65
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212...fo&tab=analyze
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #2223
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

great game today, 4th Q D still needs some work but overall i think RR has done enough to be back next year.....even tho i was on the fire RR bandwagon earlier

they said today we have the 8th best D in the league, thats pretty good considering we play the saints and falcons for 4 games
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #2224
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i also think that Anderson guaranteed a contract today by coming in when needed and looking sharp
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #2225
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
great game today, 4th Q D still needs some work but overall i think RR has done enough to be back next year.....even tho i was on the fire RR bandwagon earlier

they said today we have the 8th best D in the league, thats pretty good considering we play the saints and falcons for 4 games
The 4th quarter defense isn't the problem, the problem is RR went into a prevent defense again with the lead rather than going for the kill.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #2226
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The 4th quarter defense isn't the problem, the problem is RR went into a prevent defense again with the lead rather than going for the kill.
thats what im saying tho....coaches need to continue doing what got them there instead of playing back

if i had to predict what will happen today, i would say RR is HC next year and the interim GM will be named the full time GM, cant remember his name tho
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #2227
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
thats what im saying tho....coaches need to continue doing what got them there instead of playing back

if i had to predict what will happen today, i would say RR is HC next year and the interim GM will be named the full time GM, cant remember his name tho
Marc Ross is the reported favorite for the position, not the interim guy. I doubt the interim guy(Brandon Beane) would get the job, he has no resume, firing Hurney in the middle of the season indicated to me a desire for a clean break and hiring the interim wouldn't accomplish that, and the GM does very little during the season, so he couldn't even use Rivera's defense of the winning streak.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #2228
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Reports in some Charlotte media is Rivera will be back and Beane will be promoted to GM. Agree with Rivera but Beane would be a terrible decision and a sign Richardson doesn't want to spend the money.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #2229
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Reports in some Charlotte media is Rivera will be back.

Hooray!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #2230
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Lets be honest here, if Nukamara doesn't screw the Atlanta game up, the KC and Tampa games don't turn into disasters, then we are 10-6 and RR is probably getting coach of the year. He's done enough in the last 6 weeks to keep his job. Some impressive wins. And Cam got better. As did the defense.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #2231
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Reports in some Charlotte media is Rivera will be back and Beane will be promoted to GM. Agree with Rivera but Beane would be a terrible decision and a sign Richardson doesn't want to spend the money.
I see no reason to promote Beane. He's done little to nothing. He's been with the organization for a while now, but all of it is in positions related to logistics and administration, absolutely nothing to do with actual players or coaches. The only thing he would have going for him is that Hurney was high on him, but we fired Hurney halfway throughout the season, so I don't see how that would be a legitimate positive.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #2232
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

I saw this posted at another site:

Quote:
Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports "hears" that Panthers head coach Ron Rivera is "safe" and will not be fired after the season.
Cole follows that up by saying that "there's more talk" that interim general manager Brandon Beane will get the full-time job. This report goes against what NFL Network's Michael Lombardi said earlier in the week when he said Rivera would "certainly" be fired on Monday, but we'd trust Cole's source more than Lombardi's personal opinion. Carolina enters Week 17 having won four-of-five games, and the team has a chance to finish at 7-9 should they beat the Saints on Sunday. Rivera has the Panthers defense sitting at No. 8 in the league, and after a slow start, Cam Newton has been stellar over the past month or two, getting the offense up to a respectable No. 17 in the NFL.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #2233
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Kuechly for D-Roy

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #2234
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I want the dude from the Giants (Ross is his name I believe) hired as GM. That organization does a good job of evaluating and developing players. Would be a much needed boost in the Panthers organization.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #2235
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I want the dude from the Giants (Ross is his name I believe) hired as GM. That organization does a good job of evaluating and developing players. Would be a much needed boost in the Panthers organization.
Most Panther fans could do a better job than Marty Hurney.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #2236
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 858937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Down the stretch, the Panthers played very well..... up to the POTENTIAL we should have played all year!

Hopefully before next season starts, we hear no trash talking, no full page newspaper adds, etc......... we just have a team ready to bring it!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #2237
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Jerry Reese?

Why would he leave the Giants?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #2238
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I see no reason to promote Beane. He's done little to nothing. He's been with the organization for a while now, but all of it is in positions related to logistics and administration, absolutely nothing to do with actual players or coaches. The only thing he would have going for him is that Hurney was high on him, but we fired Hurney halfway throughout the season, so I don't see how that would be a legitimate positive.
1. Richardson really likes him
2. He's cheap

Other than that, there's no reason he should sniff the GM job.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #2239
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Nice win vs the Aints. I hate that team. Loved beating the Failcons at home. We all know they'll choke in the playoffs.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #2240
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA954BADBOY View Post
Nice win vs the Aints. I hate that team. Loved beating the Failcons at home. We all know they'll choke in the playoffs.
Im saying the Falcons lose their first game again.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote