CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
GSC2013
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
Yearofthegamecock
GarnetSwarm1990
eightohhthree
robgusc76
ReadR00ster
b381l
AP Poll (1883)
The Refs (1814)
Richt asking the SEC (1727)
A tribute to the &qu (1480)
A UGA fans view of t (1380)
The CBS Sports Inter (1326)
Robin William's fake (1303)
ESPN is mad that USC (1230)
Defense Played Viole (1057)
The Road to Atlanta (987)
A tribute to the "th
ESPN is mad that USC beat
Stadium atmosphere
Richt asking the SEC for
Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky
Worse 1st and goal play:
A UGA fans view of the ga
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
"It just hurts, man!
Dylan Thompson has been n

Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
III
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
III has feathers coming inIII has feathers coming inIII has feathers coming in
Default Re: Favorite Gamecock football player of all time?

Eric Norwood was a good one.
III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Rashaad Faison, those that have been around to see many of these threads might know i always pick him. childhood hero

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Mike Hold. With a good offensive line he was ten wins a year before any other QB was. His senior year he lost his entire OL so we never got to see him fully achieve what he could have. He set the bar height that wasnt raised again for two decades. Big wins over Geo, FSU,So Cal, Clemson and Notre Dame. We would have gone undefeated had some moron not scheduled a crackback offense. He was a Connor Shaw with a better arm. He'd scramble around looking to throw bombs instead of the dumpoff.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #24
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Marcus. He is that good and that classy. I mean..what a great man to wear the G&B.

Brewer. I love the underdog story and how he did vs OSU in the OB.

Ron Rabune. Safety. Most of you won't remember him. I got to hang out with him during the summer in the 80's at Whaley's Mill and he was so nice. Such a cool guy. Drafted by the Raiders. He had a bad shoulder.
I remember Ron well. He had an older brother (Rick) who was on the
team too. Both were on the team at the same time in 1984. Ron was
a Redshirt as a freshman that year, and Rick was a senior.

One of my best memories of Gamecock football from 1984 was watching
our defense play against UGA. It was by far the best team defense I've
ever seen the Gamecocks play. ... Rick Rabune made several key open
field tackles on the UGA RBs and WRs on short passes out in the flat.
Most of those one one one stops saved TDs or at least long runs after
the catch. Ron went on to become a really Good Safety for the Gamecocks
as well.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I've been a Gamecock for a long time and Grantz was always one of my favorites. Big George was great to watch and did a lot for the school. I loved watching Mike Hold play and met heim a few times and he was a great guy. But I guess Marcus has to be my favorite because of what he brought to the program. Gilmore, and Alshon started a tradition of in state recruits coming to us, but Marcus brought us real national attention and he handled it like a true student athlete. I know he's a once in a lifetime recruit, but i wish they could all be like him.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Shane Burnham
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

growing up, jeff grantz was my hero. he came to my school one day, and it was really something to meet him in person. he could really make it happen. i was also always impressed with mike hold, and got to hang out with him a bit while being an extra in the movie "the program". tony watkins and Rashaad Faison were two of the first serious hitters we had in modern times, and always enjoyed watching them play.
big george was always special in my heart, not only because he could really tote the rock, but also because my father owned a couple of newspapers, and i got to go with him to interview george one time. and i couldn't believe how shy and nice he was. harold green was also an unbelievable freak of a rb. he was a special college player.
but my all time favorite would have to be marcus lattimore, and i can't imagine anyone putting any other player in front of this guy. he is the model everything. a work ethic second to none, production at his position (when healthy) second to none, a genuine magnetic personality, over running humility despite all of the accolades, one of the best recruiters ever at our university, the best off the field ambassadors of this school ever and a role model citizen that any person could aspire to, no matter your race, religion or nationality. for never giving anything less than 110%, even though life has thrown some serious hurdles in his path, marcus lattimore is, in my opinion, the greatest gamecock of all time, and definitely the one i would call my favorite.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Marcus and Garcia. Everyone bad mouths Garcia, but the 2010 Bama game was amazing.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Todd Ellis

Also, Steve Tanyhill did a lot for fan morale.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

For what he's meant to the school both on and off the field it's hard not to pick Lattimore.

I didn't see him at USC but I've always liked Dan Reeves as well.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #31
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Lattimore

Norwood

DiMarco

S. Newton

Alshon Jeffery

T.J. Johnson
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #32
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Brad Edwards
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
cwofford
Walk On

Male

cwofford has hatched from the shell

Y'all ever heard of Dan Reeves or Billy Gambrell? I'd put them right up there with George or Marcus!!!
cwofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Probably Sterling since I'm also a Green Bay fan.
Sterling is my favorite ever. But Robert Brooks is way up there for me. Brooks is also from Greenwood like my favorite current player DJ
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Bobby Bryant, Dan Reeves, and Alex Hawkins
Attached Images

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #36
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs

Syvelle Newton, Kenny Mckinley, Stephon Gilmore and Chris Culliver

Hard to pick and choose looking back, especially on defense.

Go Gamecocks !!!
badfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #37
Cock-Tail Time
Just Beat Clemson!

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervous

Hard to pick just one...

Dickie Harris (Every punt return was a threat to take it to the house)
Rashaad Faison (Loved how hard he tackled)
Jeff Grantz (Mr Everything)
Ryan Brewer (Heart!)
Marcus Lattimore (Need I say more?)
J D Clowney (Again, need I say more?)
Mike Hold (He engineered more rallies than you can imagine)

I'm sure there are more...but that's a start

Go Cocks!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #38
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I had to break it down like this. Who doesn't Love Marcus ? And Clowney is just a plain trip........got to love it.
But, for a long time, and I mean a long time, no one approached Sterling Sharpe. So I'm going old school, simply for the longevity in my gamecock life.

Last edited by Coulwoodwarlord; 12-30-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: poor grammar.........cause I'm an idiot
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Rashad Faison aka "Human Torpedo"

He was a bad ass!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Marcus would be my other choice. ML is just a class act.