CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
usc1
Does South Carolina (1601)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (871)
Rest of the season p (859)
Let us clarify some (646)
Tennessee kickoff an (623)
Tennessee Game Time (621)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (575)
Just thought of some (491)
Is Clowney back toni (472)
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Let us clarify some thing
Why is everyone anticipat
Miss St. defense
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se
How did we not make it.
Thoughts on the basketbal
Nick Saban on frustration

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #21
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Looks like we will be outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
Ray Tanner just said on twitter that our sales were pushing 10,000 and he was hoping for 15,000 at the game total in garnet. That's not terrible at all.

But yes, we will be outnumbered. After attending a few festivities and spending time around town the past couple of days...it's at least 2:1.
That 10,000 is probably from the school allotment if it came from Ray. There could be even more since I'm sure many more fans bought them from StubHub or one of those buy/sell sites.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #22
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Last year many thought we would be outnumbered at the Cap One Bowl, but once in attendance it was us doing the outnumbering. We had more fans than Nebraska, as most of the sales not going through the clubs were to SC fans. I suspect similar reports back this year. I can't make it, after traveling to LSU and Florida my travel budget is spent!
A lot of people prefer not to buy from the ticket office. Those are the worst seats, usually end zone. OTH, if you buy from local scalpers, you can get 50 yard line tickets.

The AD is obligated to buy its allotment and resell them. The bowls give the ADs the worst of the tickets. That is the scheme the bowls use for making sure the crappy tickets are all sold.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #23
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

We was at Walters press box sports bar yesterday and a good deal of locals be cheering for is. Folks were coming up wishing us a victory. They go every year , , don't. Like Michigan.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

When I went to the Chick Fil A bowl in 2010/11, I bought from StubHub and got lower level in the GA Dome...maybe 30 rows away from the SC bench. Im pretty sure the SC ticket office would have had me in the upper decks.

Anyway... I'm sure many people will buy from StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. So there will probably be more than 10,000 Gamecock fans there.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I live on the border of Georgia/Florida and I've seen DROVES of Gamecock fans traveling to the game. I got gas the other day and one man asked if I was on my way to Tampa, and another showed me his gamecock logo on his jacket, this was because I have a Gamecock plate on the front of my truck and I'm always wearing my gamecock ball cap.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I don't think y'all understand the extent of the HUGE amount of Michigan retirees that live down here. There are Michigan bars all over the southwest coast of Florida.

This is literally a home game for them.

I went to see my new doctor yesterday and we spent the entire time talking about the game because guess what? He's Michigan alumni and going to the game.

In the year I've lived here, I haven't met a single Carolina alumni.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
While your numbers are accurate, I don't think your opening statement is right. Keep in mind what other USC posters have said their reasons were for not attending the last Outback Bowl - disappointing season where the team gave up. So they justified not going to Tampa to payback the lackluster effort and disappointing play of the team.

This year, the team did not give up and we are coming off back-to-back ten win seasons. Our fans have everything to scream and holler about. So much to thump our chests over!

Michigan fans (on the other hand) are dealing with the reality that they were in a BCS game last year, and this year while returning Heisman frontrunner Denard Robinson they ended up with four losses. So who should be the "disappointed, unwilling to travel" fanbase?

Certainly it should not be us. At least according to our own CockyTalk logic that helps us sleep better at nights and defend our fandom. Given that we are also much closer to Tampa than Ann Arbor is, I will be disappointed in our fanbase if we are not 50/50 with UM.

I say "disappointed" and not pissed bc I myself am not in attendance and so I find it hypocritical to point fingers at non-travelers when I am not traveling. See reasons above (earlier post) on whether or not anyone reading this looks down on me too for not going. Not that I care LOL! So it is what it is for me, but I would hope Gamecock Nation at least makes this game 50/50 in the stands.

My two cents, FWIW.

Half the damn states of Ohio and Michigan are already in Florida this time of year so the travel distance is not a big issue. I'm was up in Michigan over the weekend with my gf and its 20 with 6" of snow. I'd be looking for any excuse to go to Florida as well.

And UM is the winningest program of all time. Their bandwagon fanbase rivals bama. My buddy in Chicago says their fans are the worst even more than osu. I was surprised.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

UM has a large alumni and fan base in NY and where do New Yorkers retire to?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
UM has a large alumni and fan base in NY and where do New Yorkers retire to?
It isn't Idaho. That's for dam sure.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

They had an average home game attendance of 112,252..which was tops in college football for 2012.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/michigan...ttendance-2012

...michigan fans obviously like watching live football games
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #31
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Well if all y'all are right about this huge retirement UM population in Florida then at least we have no excuse for not being the louder of the two fanbases. Don't let granny out-shout you Gamecock Nation!!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #32
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Of course, they have a huge fan base.
So do we and we're a lot closer. That said, I got to Tampa yesterday and I've seen more Gamecock fans around town than Michigan fans, so far. The only place I saw as many Michigan fans was at Clearwater Beach yesterday. In downtown Tampa, though, I've seen a lot more Gamecock fans.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #33
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I have seen a lot more Gamecock fans that Michigan fans down here as well. Went to the International Plaza earlier, and it was 10:1 Gamecocks in there.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #34
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

To all the Gamecock "fans" complaining about the Outback Bowl, maybe we can convince Brad Scott to come back. Unreal!!!!
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
So do we and we're a lot closer. That said, I got to Tampa yesterday and I've seen more Gamecock fans around town than Michigan fans, so far. The only place I saw as many Michigan fans was at Clearwater Beach yesterday. In downtown Tampa, though, I've seen a lot more Gamecock fans.
Same. They waaaay outnumbered us at the beach, but I still have seen Gamecocks all over. I think a lot of our crowd is going to be coming into town today.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #36
uscfan79
4-Star

Male

uscfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervous

Ybor City was packed with Gamecock fans tonight
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #37
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker USC View Post
Same. They waaaay outnumbered us at the beach, but I still have seen Gamecocks all over. I think a lot of our crowd is going to be coming into town today.
We are watching CU in a sports bar. There are fans from both schools in here. The crowd is about even. Everybody is cheering for LSU, so it is a smart crowd.
I keep remembering Clemson led us at halftime.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Everything I am hearing on radio etc, says USC has a much larger turn out in the streets down there.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #39
uscfan79
4-Star

Male

uscfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Everything I am hearing on radio etc, says USC has a much larger turn out in the streets down there.
i was in Ybor City tonight for the parade and there were a lot more Gamecock fans then Michigan.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #40
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I agree with several of the posters above. There must have been a bunch of fans who arrived last night/ this afternoon. We represented very well today at the parade and pep rally. It was at least 50/50, we likely had the edge.