CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
WeStillOwnUSC
SCohioBoy
PageUSC
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
ACPhilson
KaneisAble
4th & 1 Play (1285)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1263)
Kentucky prediction (1210)
Just Booked my Hotel (1076)
So What? (567)
Best position coach (470)
Jeopardy: USC and th (398)
Travis Bell's Photos (329)
The New Idea That'll (260)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (226)
The New Idea That'll Fix
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Really excited to visit t
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
QB Recruiting Strategy
How to get USC vs KY Stre
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #41
GUNTRUCK06
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming inGUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming inGUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Little things that irritate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
People who pull out on a road and get in front of you instead of just waiting for you to pass. I mean you are the only car on the road but yet they have to speed out in front of you and then go 3 miles per hour. That really grinds my gears.

AMEN to that brother. I drive between Columbia and Georgetown for work, often early in the morning and it still happens. Drives me nuts, I of course get up on them with the brights on just so they know I'm there.
GUNTRUCK06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #42
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

How about people who drive down a road, obviously looking for something, and they eventually just stop, glancing all around in their cluelessness. When they're elderly, I take a chill pill. I've no mercy on the young ones tho.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Here's one for ya. Occasionally I cruise around Craigslist looking for, well nothing in particular, but I almost always browse through the computer section to see if I can score any cheap systems that I can upgrade and gift or resell.

Anyways it is inevitable that some dimwit will have a listing kind of like this:

Quote:
Hp desktop. 2005. Windows XP. Includes wireless keyboard and mouse. $150
Actual Listing

Now let's look at that listing. First the guy lists a year. Newsflash for ya, buddy. computers are not cars. The year you bought it is irrelevant. This posting has almost nothing useful in it. No model, no HDD specs, no RAM, no video card model, no processor type.

Here is an example of a good posting:
Well done, sir.

Sure it isn't the most detailed post I've ever seen, but it is miles above the average. And he doesn't list the f**king year he bought it like he's proud or something.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #44
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

when i wake up and the wife doesnt have the coffee ready

should i wake her up and remind her?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
when i wake up and the wife doesnt have the coffee ready

should i wake her up and remind her?
no, just set her alarm clock for 30 minutes earlier the next morning, she should know what to do

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #46
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #47
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

redbugs, mosquitos, ticks, gnats

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #48
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Intersections with no turn on red signs.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #49
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Traffic lights that turn green. I was going to my grandparent's house on Christmas day, got gas at Piliot on Old Charleston Highway and was waiting to turn left onto I-77. It took 4 times before I got the green arrow.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #50
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

One of your friends that wants to be the one every time you go out, to get bombed and then wants to let you know, one hundred thousands times how much he loves you, and will beat some random guy up at the bar that he thought was staring at you.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #51
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypirate View Post
One of your friends that wants to be the one every time you go out, to get bombed and then wants to let you know, one hundred thousands times how much he loves you, and will beat some random guy up at the bar that he thought was staring at you.
sounds like someone has a crush on you...

Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #52
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

People who have to touch you every time they think they are making a point.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #53
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
sounds like someone has a crush on you...
God i hope not! He does that to everybody, It's very annoying.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #54
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

The disproportionate amount of cashews in the Planters mix; it's a ridiculous ratio when compared to the amount of peanuts and almonds.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

The I-126 outbound "exit to nowhere".

For those who don't know, when you are heading out I-126 and come up near Bush River Rd, there is an exit, which is CLEARLY marked as EXIT ONLY, to I-20 eastbound. Where the problem arises is that people don't heed this EXIT ONLY and try to merge left back into traffic at the I-20 ramp.

I get onto the Interstate off of Bush River Rd and these people drive me NUTS. They will block you and not let you in when you are trying to the correct thing and exit onto I-20.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #56
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Trains that stop in Columbia, especially when they just stop in the middle of the day. I would say 50% of the time the train just stops at the crossing and backs up traffic. I've waited 30 minutes stuck in traffic because of a stopped train at 5 in the afternoon.

And when slow drivers are in the left lane on the interstate. If somebody is faster than you get out of the way. It's awful when two 18 wheelers get beside each other going 55 mph.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #57
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Malfunction Junction on a Friday. I hated the drive the Charleston for drill on a Friday afternoon knowing I would have to deal with drivers in that area.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #58
zappa
Bowl MVP

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

1.People who say "Mac-n-cheese" instead of macaroni and cheese.
2.Popped collars.
3.Ketchup-based BBQ sauce.
4.Bon Jovi
5.My wife won't let me wear white pants or seersucker between Labor Day and Easter.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

When I go to any store that has shopping carts, and they r just left anywhere in the lot, instead of the corral they were intended to be put in. To me, if u r too lazy to take ur cart to the right place, u r the epitome of what is wrong with this country.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #60
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

People who say how many BEERS they had last night. You son of a b&@@$, beer is already used as plural! It really grinds me when I hear it b/c I know you're making an effort to sound like a dumbass.........................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote