CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Badazcock
gamecockgal
kingoftheroost
cockfight21
gadeneer1986
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
Ahmad
10-2 (1831)
UK promoting a black (1722)
Four UK Players Susp (1305)
I Was Dealing With T (992)
Build a New Stadium (883)
Connor Shaw's fault. (741)
Since everyone loves (562)
QB Recruiting Strate (536)
This program has no (487)
Cleaned up version: (478)
Build a New Stadium
Would You Accept Lame Kif
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
Funny?
Thoughts on the basketbal
Connor Mitch
Nosovitch
2016 - Tavien Feaster
This program has no ideni
Should Receivers Buy a Ti

Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SCDurwood's Helmet design...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Have HBC and Ray seen this?

How can we make sure they see this?

Heck, I even want president Pastides to see this. I think they will all be impressed.
maybe if the fans started a petition it could possibly gain some ground..I don't know...Maybe if someone that works for UA saw this it could gain some ground.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

This is one design that I can truly say "the more I look at it the more I like it."
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

To me, this would be the kind of upgrade that Navy made this year with their helmet.

Navy's new helmet has set the standard for helmet upgrades, and although the gamecock design doesn't have the gold leaf foil-stamp band or the insignia across the back, this new gamecock design is classy and would be recognizable (even from a great distance such as nosebleed seats).
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I think it's awesome.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Looks badass!

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
It looks cool, but I like our current helmets. I'm tired of all of these crazy new helmets and uniforms. If you have that much money to throw around give it to a good cause. Find a uniform and stick to it. The NFL does it right. They might throw in a special event a year and wear throwbacks or something, but for the most part. The unis are the same.
This... 100%
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

The Blcck C helmet looks good at a distance. How would the rooster helmet look at distance? Busy designs typically are not discernable or decigherable from the stands and even less so on tv. An entire mascot on a helmet is overkill. The St Louis Rams dont put the entire goat on the helmet, they used just the horns.
We are in an era of complicated computer graphics that look great from a few feet and horrible at distance. Are we celebrating computer graphics or the school mascot?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
chatam
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 8600
chatam has feathers coming inchatam has feathers coming inchatam has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
If it must have a background, I'd rather have the palmetto and crescent.
This the best designed helmet I think I have seen on here and and I agree with Garnet Cock about the palmetto and crescent, this this one is classy as well. Great job.

Go Cocks!
chatam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Nice artwork! Need to see it from a distance...my guess is the gray background will need to be white and maybe the bird resized.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
The Blcck C helmet looks good at a distance. How would the rooster helmet look at distance? Busy designs typically are not discernable or decigherable from the stands and even less so on tv. An entire mascot on a helmet is overkill. The St Louis Rams dont put the entire goat on the helmet, they used just the horns.
We are in an era of complicated computer graphics that look great from a few feet and horrible at distance. Are we celebrating computer graphics or the school mascot?
With giant Hi-Def TV's, more games than ever on TV, I think the helmet details would show up just fine on tight shots, and from a distance - what does it matter? I'll be watching the plays then. As I said in an earlier post, having these on for one non-conference game would be great. For SEC games, I like tradition.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
maybe if the fans started a petition it could possibly gain some ground..I don't know...Maybe if someone that works for UA saw this it could gain some ground.
I don't think UA has anything to do with our helmets. But I did just tweet Ray a pic of the helmet.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

I like the base thinking and design. The Gamecock needs to be much more intimidating, spurs out and reasy to strike a kill. I've also thought maybe it should be a head-on or 3/4 view rather than from the side. Sort of like a hawk or eagle strike.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #33
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
I did just tweet Ray a pic of the helmet.
Many thanks!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #34
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Not a fan of the crazy patterns. I like that he used the state outline, but I haven't see a helmet yet that uses them that I like.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #35
JeffW
Recruit

Male

JeffW has feathers coming inJeffW has feathers coming in

thats a baddass helmet

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #36
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
I like the base thinking and design. The Gamecock needs to be much more intimidating, spurs out and reasy to strike a kill. I've also thought maybe it should be a head-on or 3/4 view rather than from the side. Sort of like a hawk or eagle strike.
The problem with that is it could end up looking something like FAU's or JSU's logo. The way the gamecock is currently oriented makes it so that it is always facing the opponent. That's one of th reasons I'm a fan of dropping the block c, because the left side of the helmet has the gamecock facing away from the opponent just to accomodate the letter. And just for reference, here are the FAU and JSU logos respectively.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
Chappy
Walk On

Male

Chappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his clawsChappy is sharpening his claws

I love this design! I also showed it to my 20 and 18 year old sons to get a younger perspective and they think it is "dirty" which I guess means good! Lol
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #38
Chucktown
Walk On

Chucktown has hatched from the shell

An alternative is to focus on the tailfeathers...and spurs
Attached Images

Chucktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #39
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
I love this design! I also showed it to my 20 and 18 year old sons to get a younger perspective and they think it is "dirty" which I guess means good! Lol
So let me get this straight. Two young men who are the ages of the players who would be wearing this liked it? I'm a little less than shocked. But as long as those who might not be able to relate as well to people that age are happy with the current logo and helmet design, I guess that's all that matters.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #40
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

I like it as a alternate helmet, I would like to see us stick with what we have for most of the time though.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote