CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
mpilot0705
JerseyBird
catdaddy66
crowcutta
For Discussing The C (4212)
Question about after (3137)
Drew Owens missing? (2785)
Shaq Roland (1898)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1851)
clemson game time: N (1408)
FishFry 47-yarder (885)
The Defense (636)
Mason Rudolph starti (559)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
The Defense
Shaq Roland
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Question about after the
2015 - Joe Blue
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Early signees?
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #421
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Not all of us will stipulate. Maybe we will all stipulate that you are a tater.
Now that is just a comment born out of pure ignorance. I know Cocky2001. Jeff is a long time friend of mine. We tailgate together, 'cepting he always arrives late. (Inside joke.) I'll also point out that he is most likely the ONLY person posting in this rather pointless and worthless thread that has actually left sweat and blood on the field of WB. I am not necessarily sharing his opinion here but I most certainly can vouchsafe for his bona fides as a Gamecock.

Order Of The Spur
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #422
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

CockyCash: 500
JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Now that is just a comment born out of pure ignorance. I know Cocky2001. Jeff is a long time friend of mine. We tailgate together, 'cepting he always arrives late. (Inside joke.) I'll also point out that he is most likely the ONLY person posting in this rather pointless and worthless thread that has actually left sweat and blood on the field of WB. I am not necessarily sharing his opinion here but I most certainly can vouchsafe for his bona fides as a Gamecock.
Sounds like the long con to me. Bravo Mr. Jeff, bravo...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #423
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Going to be fun to watch tomorrow. A bunch of questions are either going to be raised or answered.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #424
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Of course an interception is the worse thing a QB can do...think about that...
Quote:
Like u said...it's according to the situation.
So which is it? You stated that interceptions are the "worse" thing a QB can do. Or does it depend on the situation? You've backed yourself into a corner by speaking in absolutes.

Quote:
Again...COM-PRE-HEN-SION...
wasn't saying that this one or any was or wasn't his fault...this one didn't come from his blind side...but i do think it was more Kenny's fault for not picking up the block...but b/c he fumbled it was his fault...i get that...but i was merely speaking in general...in general fumbles caused by QB's that don't see a player coming and gets drilled b/c another player misses a block is not as much the QB's fault than throwing the ball to a defender IN GENERAL
A lot of fumbles are on the QB by holding the ball too long.

Some fumbles are on the line and some are on the QB, just like some INT's are on the QB and some are on the WR and some are just plain necessary risks when you are behind. Take Connor's two picks vs. Auburn last year. A lot of people wanted to call him out for those. Look at my posts back then, you will see where I defended him.

And for the record, I know this has been buried by posts, I like both QB's... I simply prefer the offense that is run when Dylan is in the game vs. the offense that is run when Connor is in the game. Simple as that. The styles are too different to really say one is better than the other.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #425
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Here you go...

If you don't know, ask...don't post about your personal internal demons...
I know this isn't your first thread so you should be aware that the stupidity with Team Everything didn't start with that post or this thread or even this QB debate.

While people may more firmly support a particular individual there is only one team and I would certainly hope everyone supports that team regardless of which QB is playing.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #426
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
So which is it? You stated that interceptions are the "worse" thing a QB can do. Or does it depend on the situation? You've backed yourself into a corner by speaking in absolutes.

A lot of fumbles are on the QB by holding the ball too long.

Some fumbles are on the line and some are on the QB, just like some INT's are on the QB and some are on the WR and some are just plain necessary risks when you are behind. Take Connor's two picks vs. Auburn last year. A lot of people wanted to call him out for those. Look at my posts back then, you will see where I defended him.

And for the record, I know this has been buried by posts, I like both QB's... I simply prefer the offense that is run when Dylan is in the game vs. the offense that is run when Connor is in the game. Simple as that. The styles are too different to really say one is better than the other.
Wow...ok...i will try to dumb it down for you some...
IMO interceptions are the worse thing a QB can do IN GENERAL...GAME TO GAME...MOST OF THE TIME...a QB throwing an int is more dangerous than a fumble...b/c they are returned back for TD's more than fumbles are...most D's are taught to fall on fumbles...where as Int's are taken back to the house more often. BUT...according to the situation...a fumble can be worse...b/c if you fumble in your own endzone...or close to it...vs throwing a hail mary on 4th down where it would end up about the same as a punt...then the fumble is worse. I hope that helps you some.

Again...i am talking in general...so of course a lot of fumbles are caused by a QB holding on too long...but a lot more TO's are caused by QB's that throw Ints than they are faulted for fumbles...same as more Int's are more to blame by the QB than you can blame QB's fault for fumbles. OF COURSE SOME are on the WR's...some on desperation heaves like i mentioned above...but MOSTLY are caused by QB error more times than QB's fault for fumbles.

Also...i too like both QB's like i have mentioned in previous posts...Dylan is a good QB and an even better person and i like that about him. He just hasn't PROVEN as much as Connor has on the field. Can he...yes. Will he...who knows...but the fact is he hasn't! Connor has proven more against good D's and bad D's as a passing QB and a running QB. I am big on proof...some aren't as much

WIN ANYWAY!!

Last edited by gripitandripit2007; 12-31-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #427
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

There are some posters who will end up having 10,000+ posts thanks in large part to this thread.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #428
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

According to what Spurrier just said, the Connor lovers will have they want. Connor will start, and now SOS has amended previous statements saying that whoever is playing the best will play the majority of the game. He now says Connor will play it all unless he's injured or we're losing.

In other words, we're looking at Florida, the Sequel.

Happy New Year, pro-Shaw folks. You got your way. I hope you like it.

Last edited by me4USC; 12-31-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #429
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
According to what Spurrier just said, the Connor lovers will have they want. Connor will start, and now SOS has amended previous statements saying that whoever is playing the best will play the majority of the game. He now says Connor will play it all unless he's injured or we're losing.

Happy New Year, Thompson haters. You got your way. I hope you like it.
Why does it have to be love and hate? I have very serious doubts that anyone on here hates Thompson. Just because someone may feel like Shaw is a better player doesn't mean they love one and hate the other.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #430
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Why does it have to be love and hate? I have very serious doubts that anyone on here hates Thompson. Just because someone may feel like Shaw is a better player doesn't mean they love one and hate the other.
You're right. It doesn't have to be.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #431
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Shaw better sling the damn ball tho. No more of this frustrating dancing in the backfield.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #432
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Shaw better sling the damn ball tho. No more of this frustrating dancing in the backfield.
Good luck with that. Shaw's best victory (against a good team) was Georgia, and Lattimore had a TD and 109 yards in that. Shaw threw 6-10 for 162 yards at home. He played a great game - at home.

On the road, it has been a different story.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #433
pantera17
Banned

Male

pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Good luck with that. Shaw's best victory (against a good team) was Georgia, and Lattimore had a TD and 109 yards in that. Shaw threw 6-10 for 162 yards at home. He played a great game - at home.

On the road, it has been a different story.
Idk about that. I don't think he played very well that game. I mean he was okay. But if ou receivers hadn't snatched those two under thrown balls out of the UGA defenders hands then the whole season ,ight have been different.

Ugh. He's so average it's frurstrating.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #434
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

I keep hearing from my friends that Shaw is practicing the most inspired that he has ever been, what may have "kicked him in the ass?"??
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #435
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Idk about that. I don't think he played very well that game. I mean he was okay. But if ou receivers hadn't snatched those two under thrown balls out of the UGA defenders hands then the whole season ,ight have been different.

Ugh. He's so average it's frurstrating.
I said that it was his best game against a good team; I didn't say he played well. He looked great against Missouri, but they aren't a very good team IMO. I don't look forward to watching this game. I really want to beat Michigan. I have family up there, and they are expecting to win.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #436
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGamecock View Post
I keep hearing from my friends that Shaw is practicing the most inspired that he has ever been, what may have "kicked him in the ass?"??
I'm picking up the same vibes. Earlier, Spurrier mentioned how well he's practicing. He also said that Dylan was probably a guy who plays better than he practices. I think that's true. Dylan may need the adrenaline of a game.

At any rate, practice is just that - practice. I've seen players have phenomenal practices and terrible games. After all, you're playing your own guys. Facing game conditions is very different.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #437
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGamecock View Post
He's scared he is gonna lose his job. He has seen Dylan go in there and do what he's told. Maybe this will wake him up. It's like he's been sleep walking through the season because he hasn't been worried about being passed on the depth chart. But when the back up comes in and looks better than you've ever looked then if i guess it'll light a fire under you.
Quote:
I said that it was his best game against a good team; I didn't say he played well. He looked great against Missouri, but they aren't a very good team IMO. I don't look forward to watching this game. I really want to beat Michigan. I have family up there, and they are expecting to win.
idk, he could come out and just sling it. Could light em up. But I certainly wouldn't count on it. Given his track record.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #438
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:

My gosh...who here has hated on Thompson? Some people are tempering the idea that Thompson is clearly the best QB we have available, an opinion which the coaches also share. But at the end of the day its a difference of opinion, doesn't mean anyone hated on Thompson.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #439
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Given his track record.
Given his track record he'll play well and we'll win the game. Not a bad outcome, I'd say.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #440
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
He also ran for 78 yards and a TD.
Closed Thread