CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
The Demise of the 3-4
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #441
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
My gosh...who here has hated on Thompson? Some people are tempering the idea that Thompson is clearly the best QB we have available, an opinion which the coaches also share. But at the end of the day its a difference of opinion, doesn't mean anyone hated on Thompson.
Did you read the posts under that? I agreed with what you just posted.

For the most part, it seems to me that the pro-Thompson people are more reasonable than the pro-Shaw people.

I'm pro-winning, and I think that Thompson provides the best chance of that right now. However, I may be wrong. I have been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, I'm sure. (I'm right more than I'm wrong, though.)

Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #442
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
He also ran for 78 yards and a TD.
I agreed that he played a great game. I didn't take anything away from him. My only comments were that it was a home game, and he had Lattimore.

Even when he didn't hand Lattimore the ball, several people had to cover Marcus. That meant that they couldn't be aimed at Shaw.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #443
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Given his track record he'll play well and we'll win the game. Not a bad outcome, I'd say.
If he plays like he normally does. He'll be very average. And unimpressive. And our D will make some great plays to help us win the game.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #444
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Michigan has allowed only 15 sacks the entire season. Fortunately, they are missing JT Floyd. Even at that, remember those first two touchdowns Boyd made at Clemson? Even Clowney can't stop everything, and they're stupid if they don't put several guys on him.

If Shaw can't control the ball for more than half of the game, the defensive line will be too exhausted to play well, and Michigan has two good quarterbacks. Shaw has controlled the ball for half the game in only two games this year, I think.

I'm not trying to be overly negative here. I'm just looking at it realistically. It's fine to just be all happy and say we'll win anyway. I felt that way until today. Now that I know Spurrier won't take Connor out until we're crushed like we were at Florida, I cannot be as optimistic about it. This sucks.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #445
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
If he plays like he normally does. He'll be very average. And unimpressive. And our D will make some great plays to help us win the game.
What exactly would Shaw have to do to get your approval? I would like to know, seriously.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #446
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

I'm not pantera17, but you probably put us in the same category, so I'll answer for myself. I would like to see him win without making it looking like a trek up Mt. Everest. I would like him to beat a really good team on the road. I would like for him to admit when he's hurt, like Clowney did, and let his backup play. I would like to see him encourage players when he is on the sidelines, like Thompson does when Shaw is in, and like Strickland does to both Thompson and Shaw. I watch more than the game. I watch what's happening on the sidelines, and I look at body language. Shall I go on?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #447
pantera17
Banned

Male

pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
What exactly would Shaw have to do to get your approval? I would like to know, seriously.
I want him to throw it. I want him to throw it when there are receivers running wide open. I want him to quit dancing around in the backfield. I can't tell you how many times they've showed the behind camera angle and one or two receivers are running wide open only for shaw to scramble around and either gain a yard or take a sack.

Im so tired of it. And I hope he gets out of that crap in the bowl game. I give the kid props when he plays like he's supposed to. But he does that crap it's frustrating.

I'll be happy with him him when he can rip teams apart week in and week out. Not just once a season.

So far he's been a game manager. That's all he's been. Ashen he can sling the ball around the field every game I'll be happy with him.
He will be healthier than he's been most of the season in the bowl game. So we will see what he's got.

Also he reminds me of jay cutler on the sidelines.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #448
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Idk about that. I don't think he played very well that game. I mean he was okay. But if ou receivers hadn't snatched those two under thrown balls out of the UGA defenders hands then the whole season ,ight have been different.

Ugh. He's so average it's frurstrating.
And if the DBs for Clemson could catch we prob wouldn't be having this debate bc at least 6 passes should have been picked off...so ifs and buts were candy & nuts...I'll let u finish it...

And to say Shaw is average shows your hatred...anyone who thinks he is average either don't watch him enough or jus flat out dont like him

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #449
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

There's a WR open every play its very hard to find that guy every time. The reason you're seeing a lot of guys open after he scrambles is bc the defenders are going for the QB. Shaw is a lot tougher and is the better overall QB. Thompson has played against cupcake D's like ECU and Clemson.

The coaches know what they are doing, and this is not you playing Madden where you think you have some kind of clue about how to be a QB.

They are both avg QB's, both have average arms, but Shaw's speed is what gets him the nod IMO
Shaw is the starter, get over it...
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #450
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I'm not pantera17, but you probably put us in the same category, so I'll answer for myself. I would like to see him win without making it looking like a trek up Mt. Everest. I would like him to beat a really good team on the road. I would like for him to admit when he's hurt, like Clowney did, and let his backup play. I would like to see him encourage players when he is on the sidelines, like Thompson does when Shaw is in, and like Strickland does to both Thompson and Shaw. I watch more than the game. I watch what's happening on the sidelines, and I look at body language. Shall I go on?
So to put those in a numbered format:

1. You'd like him to win handily.
2. You'd like him to beat a really good team on the road.
3. You'd like him to admit when he is hurt.
4. You'd like for him to encourage others.

And my replies:

1. He's beaten plenty of good teams handily, my guess is you want to see his more consistently. Everyone would like that, but that is rarely how college football works. Name any champion in the last 10 years, we can point to a game they almost or did lose. Auburn was down to clempson late, you are talking about 18-22 year old kids and they don't play consistently. Even Alabama plays badly from time to time. Wofford was a perfect example this year for us, none of our guys really cared. We didn't play them that close because of talent, or coaching, or anything else, it's just hard to get really motivated when beating your opponent is a no-win situation.

But sure, let's play more consistently. That could go for the whole team though, not just Shaw. The defense didn't do that well against Wofford either, so let's just be consistent.

2. Out of all your points, this one is the one I might agree with, but it does have a few exceptions, like Nebraska in the bowl game. Or if we want to talk this year, a 9-4 Vanderbilt team that Dylan looked bad against finishing 0-3 passing with -4 yards on 5 rushes? They aren't LSU good by any means, but they just won their bowl game by 3 TD's. Shaw came back into that game with Thompson struggling and got us a much needed conference victory.

Also, if you want to use that as a criticism you must also use it against Dylan Thompson, who has never beaten a really good team on the road. No, clempson was not a really good team, I don't even know if I'd call them a good team with a defense that bad. So like I said, fault Shaw for this if you want, but you can't claim it as a positive for Thompson either.

But your overall point is you want to see him win more big games on the road, that I will generally agree with.

3. He did admit when he was hurt, over and over again. The coaches always mentioned he was hurt in the press conferences during the week. I have heard you and other say this a few times now, what exactly do you want Connor Shaw to do? His job is to let the coaches know he's banged up, and then go play. It is NOT his job to say "That guy is better than I am at this point," it should never be the player's job to do that. That is the coaches responsibility to put the best player on the field, and sometimes Clowney at 75 percent is better than anyone else at 100 percent, and Spurrier obviously believed the same about Shaw.

Football doesn't work this way guys, I'm sorry it just doesn't. You go play as long as you can, let the coaches take you out. This above all is the silliest criticism I see of Shaw from this. When did he become the head coach, that is what people are treating him like.

4. Leadership manifests itself very differently, your preference of leadership may be someone like Thompson, others like Shaw can be very effective in their own right. But I doubt you really get to see everything there is to be seen when it comes to how the team really interacts with each other. Your body language preference aside, I have never heard any Gamecock player fault Shaw for an attitude problem.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #451
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
He's scared he is gonna lose his job. He has seen Dylan go in there and do what he's told. Maybe this will wake him up. It's like he's been sleep walking through the season because he hasn't been worried about being passed on the depth chart. But when the back up comes in and looks better than you've ever looked then if i guess it'll light a fire under you.

idk, he could come out and just sling it. Could light em up. But I certainly wouldn't count on it. Given his track record.

What the heck is wrong with u people?!! For the 3000th time...CONNOR PLAYED MOST OF THE YEAR HURT!!! Do u get that?! DYLAN HAS NOT OUTPLAYED HIM...DYLAN CAME IN ONE TIME when Connor had a bad half against Fla and did he do what he was told?!!! BAHAHAHAHA!! The other times Dylan has played bc CONNOR WAS TOO HURT TO GO!!!

And u want to compare track records...Connor has thrown for 4 TDs against a highly ranked pass D...he has thrown for 356 yards against a poor D! He has played well against a top 10 Georgia team!!!! Please tell me what Dylan's "track record" is compared to that?!!!!

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #452
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
And if the DBs for Clemson could catch we prob wouldn't be having this debate bc at least 6 passes should have been picked off...so ifs and buts were candy & nuts...I'll let u finish it...

And to say Shaw is average shows your hatred...anyone who thinks he is average either don't watch him enough or jus flat out dont like him
Haha so now it's up to six. Just making shit up now. He's an average game manager. Look at the facts. As you say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
There's a WR open every play its very hard to find that guy every time. The reason you seeing a lot of guys open after he scrambles is bc then defenders are going for the QB. Shaw is a lot tougher and is the better overall QB. Thompson has played against cupcake D's like ECU and Clemson.

The coaches know what they are doing, and this is not you playing Madden where you think you have some kind of clue about how to be a QB.

They are both avg QB's, both have average arms, but Shaw's speed is what gets him the nod IMO
Shaw is the starter, get over it...
here goes another dumbass saying shit about someone he knows nothing about.

The guys are running open while he is in the pocket. Our guys have been open all season. DT shows that, if you will just throw the ball.

Obviously shaw has a serious problem. Either he can't see over the line. Or doesn't trust his arm enough to even attempt the throws.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #453
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I agreed that he played a great game. I didn't take anything away from him. My only comments were that it was a home game, and he had Lattimore.

Even when he didn't hand Lattimore the ball, several people had to cover Marcus. That meant that they couldn't be aimed at Shaw.
He led the offense to win the bowl game last year without him...last QB to do so was Blake Mitchell

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #454
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post

What the heck is wrong with u people?!! For the 3000th time...CONNOR PLAYED MOST OF THE YEAR HURT!!! Do u get that?! DYLAN HAS NOT OUTPLAYED HIM...DYLAN CAME IN ONE TIME when Connor had a bad half against Fla and did he do what he was told?!!! BAHAHAHAHA!! The other times Dylan has played bc CONNOR WAS TOO HURT TO GO!!!

And u want to compare track records...Connor has thrown for 4 TDs against a highly ranked pass D...he has thrown for 356 yards against a poor D! He has played well against a top 10 Georgia team!!!! Please tell me what Dylan's "track record" is compared to that?!!!!
You're blind love for the kid is laughable.

He's started a year and a half. In two games in his whole career he has destroyed a team with his arm. Two.

That's not a good track record. By watching him in every game he's played in. One could make a pretty safe prediction that he won't come out slingin it. Because its very rare that he does that.

On the other hand DT. Has started two games. And thrown 300 yards and 3 tds both games.

Its safe to say he likes to throw it.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #455
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Haha so now it's up to six. Just making shit up now. He's an average game manager. Look at the facts. As you say.
I have the game recorded buddy...if u watch the replay it is evident it was 6. I think u have me mixed up with someone else...I have always said it was 6 times AT LEAST he should have been picked! Given...I'm glad he wasn't..?bc I am very glad he led us to beat Clemson...but if u don't have a chance to look at it again...next time ur near Florence let me know...u can come by and I can CLEARLY point them out to u!

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #456
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

What comments about you or the QB's?

Pretty sure I'm spot on. Just about everybody has had it with your asinine remarks. Somebody, AKA 95% of CT'ers, disagree with you and you resort to calling them dumbasses or idiots. So whose really the dumbass? Your the worst type of gamecock fan...
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #457
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Pantera, I just don't see how you think Shaw is average. He is 16-3 as a starter, a 2 time SEC player of the week recipient, he will likely finish his career with 1000 rushing yards as a QB, and has set SEC and school passing records for completion percentage and number of completions in a row. Shaw is on pace to be our best QB ever, I don't understand how you can continue to call him average.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #458
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
You're blind love for the kid is laughable.

He's started a year and a half. In two games in his whole career he has destroyed a team with his arm. Two.

That's not a good track record. By watching him in every game he's played in. One could make a pretty safe prediction that he won't come out slingin it. Because its very rare that he does that.

On the other hand DT. Has started two games. And thrown 300 yards and 3 tds both games.

Its safe to say he likes to throw it.
Who cares if he "likes to throw it"...if he isn't as good at throwing it that makes a difference!!! As far as two games...those are 2 of the worse D's we have played in 2 years...Connor threw for 4 TDs his 2nd start...how many did it take for Dylan to throw 4 in a game...I will be waiting for your answer! Hahahaha

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #459
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
So to put those in a numbered format:

1. You'd like him to win handily.
2. You'd like him to beat a really good team on the road.
3. You'd like him to admit when he is hurt.
4. You'd like for him to encourage others.

And my replies:

1. He's beaten plenty of good teams handily, my guess is you want to see his more consistently. Everyone would like that, but that is rarely how college football works. Name any champion in the last 10 years, we can point to a game they almost or did lose. Auburn was down to clempson late, you are talking about 18-22 year old kids and they don't play consistently. Even Alabama plays badly from time to time. Wofford was a perfect example this year for us, none of our guys really cared. We didn't play them that close because of talent, or coaching, or anything else, it's just hard to get really motivated when beating your opponent is a no-win situation.

But sure, let's play more consistently. That could go for the whole team though, not just Shaw. The defense didn't do that well against Wofford either, so let's just be consistent.

2. Out of all your points, this one is the one I might agree with, but it does have a few exceptions, like Nebraska in the bowl game. Or if we want to talk this year, a 9-4 Vanderbilt team that Dylan looked bad against finishing 0-3 passing with -4 yards on 5 rushes? They aren't LSU good by any means, but they just won their bowl game by 3 TD's. Shaw came back into that game with Thompson struggling and got us a much needed conference victory.

Also, if you want to use that as a criticism you must also use it against Dylan Thompson, who has never beaten a really good team on the road. No, clempson was not a really good team, I don't even know if I'd call them a good team with a defense that bad. So like I said, fault Shaw for this if you want, but you can't claim it as a positive for Thompson either.

But your overall point is you want to see him win more big games on the road, that I will generally agree with.

3. He did admit when he was hurt, over and over again. The coaches always mentioned he was hurt in the press conferences during the week. I have heard you and other say this a few times now, what exactly do you want Connor Shaw to do? His job is to let the coaches know he's banged up, and then go play. It is NOT his job to say "That guy is better than I am at this point," it should never be the player's job to do that. That is the coaches responsibility to put the best player on the field, and sometimes Clowney at 75 percent is better than anyone else at 100 percent, and Spurrier obviously believed the same about Shaw.

Football doesn't work this way guys, I'm sorry it just doesn't. You go play as long as you can, let the coaches take you out. This above all is the silliest criticism I see of Shaw from this. When did he become the head coach, that is what people are treating him like.

4. Leadership manifests itself very differently, your preference of leadership may be someone like Thompson, others like Shaw can be very effective in their own right. But I doubt you really get to see everything there is to be seen when it comes to how the team really interacts with each other. Your body language preference aside, I have never heard any Gamecock player fault Shaw for an attitude problem.
You seem to be intelligent, so I'm surprised that you used Vandy against Dylan. It was his first game as the undisputed backup, as well as the first game of the season. He had not practiced with the first team. He was allowed to throw the ball three times. When he missed those, he was jerked out and replaced by Strickland who handed the ball to Lattimore over and over. Thompson could have done that. We also know now that when he comes off the bench, he needs a little time to warm up - usually three plays. Had Spurrier left him in, this entire conversation might be going differently.

As for the injuries, Spurrier put that idea in my head. When interviewed after one of the games Connor limped through, Spurrier said that they had asked Shaw multiple times if he was hurting, and he said he wasn't. That's why they left him in. After ECU, Shaw begged the entire week to start against UAB, according to someone who was at the practices. Finally, Spurrier gave in. Shaw made it half the game. Obviously, the doctors had cleared him, but he was still hurting and not as effective as he could have been. He needs to tell them the truth when they ask if he's hurting.

As far as leadership, you may be right. However, though none of the players have said that he isn't a good leader (because that would be stupid in the extreme), neither have they lauded his leadership. I would say the silence speaks volumes.

This argument is unwinnable, because it's all based on opinions. Maybe you're right, and Shaw will decimate Michigan tomorrow night. I really hope he does.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #460
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
What comments about you or the QB's?

Pretty sure I'm spot on. Just about everybody has had it with your asinine remarks. Somebody, AKA 95% of CT'ers, disagree with you and you resort to calling them dumbasses or idiots. So whose really the dumbass? Your the worst type of gamecock fan...
95%? Hahaha. I've gotten so much rep from this thread it's not even funny. I've got pm's from people agreeing with me. Any level headed football fan will agree with me. It's easy to see. It's the ones that have the garnet blinders on that can't see past it.

And yea I called you a dumbass. When you say dumbass things that normally what happens. Say shit about someone you know nothing about. I know more about the position then you'll ever know (see what I did there?)
Quote:
Pantera, I just don't see how you think Shaw is average. He is 16-3 as a starter, a 2 time SEC player of the week recipient, he will likely finish his career with 1000 rushing yards as a QB, and has set SEC and school passing records for completion percentage and number of completions in a row. Shaw is on pace to be our best QB ever, I don't understand how you can continue to call him average.
How many of those wins are because we have the best D we've ever had here? I could see you talking about wins, if he was ripping teams apart and actually playing well during most of those wins.

I look at QBs like an nfl sout does. Their throwing motion. Arm strength. Footwork. Their reads. And their stats.
Closed Thread