CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
cocksmith1or11
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
The Yancey
conwaycock2
ESPN Game Day Commen (1329)
Simple "yes&quo (1190)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1001)
Phil Steele just pre (874)
The Comeback & T (747)
TeMarcus Blanton (551)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (545)
Garcia: Change the R (510)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (235)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Miss St vs. Kentucky
TeMarcus Blanton
Remember, SEC is weird
Garcia: Change the Rules
Simple "yes" or
Best place to watch the g
Phil Steele just predicte
Where in Seattle
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #461
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

This is what gets me. People throw out his win/loss record like he's the resason for it being so high.

Once you look at his stats for his career this sums him up perfectly:
In American football, a game manager is a quarterback who makes a minimum number of mistakes for a team that relies on its defense and rushing offense to win games. The player is expected to not lose games with interceptions, fumbles, or poor decisions. It is commonly used to describe a quarterback on a winning team who does not accumulate large individual statistics such as passing yards and touchdown

Doesn't do much wrong. But doesn't wow you either. He's average.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #462
Dizzy01
Game MVP
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,536
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
For the most part, it seems to me that the pro-Thompson people are more reasonable than the pro-Shaw people.
I'm sure they do especially since you agree with them.
Dizzy01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #463
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I'm sure they do especially since you agree with them.
I have to admit that I really did laugh out loud. Good one.
__________________


me4USC is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #464
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I'm sure they do especially since you agree with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I have to admit that I really did laugh out loud. Good one.
I laughed too. Haha. Wasn't going to say anything. Haha.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #465
talon
2nd Team All-SEC
 
talon's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: blythewood
Posts: 3,448
CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

I find it amazing that the people in both camps are so negative about the other player. I am glad that we have 2 QBs that are capable of winning games. Now I want Connor to be aggressive when he runs instead of being scared that he might get injured. The fact that we finally have a capable back-up makes me much more relaxed during the games. Also I don't think it is a knock against a player when we are able to win if that player has a less than stellar game. That indicates that there is a depth of players capable of making critical plays during that game. That depth is what raises a team to the next level. To win a MNC we need to get just a little better.
talon is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #466
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
I find it amazing that the people in both camps are so negative about the other player. I am glad that we have 2 QBs that are capable of winning games. Now I want Connor to be aggressive when he runs instead of being scared that he might get injured. The fact that we finally have a capable back-up makes me much more relaxed during the games. Also I don't think it is a knock against a player when we are able to win if that player has a less than stellar game. That indicates that there is a depth of players capable of making critical plays during that game. That depth is what raises a team to the next level. To win a MNC we need to get just a little better.
Not being negative. Just honestly calling lt like it is. I'm a football fan first. A pure fan of the sport. Then I'm a gamecock fan.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #467
Dizzy01
Game MVP
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,536
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
This is what gets me. People throw out his win/loss record like he's the resason for it being so high.

Once you look at his stats for his career this sums him up perfectly:
In American football, a game manager is a quarterback who makes a minimum number of mistakes for a team that relies on its defense and rushing offense to win games. The player is expected to not lose games with interceptions, fumbles, or poor decisions. It is commonly used to describe a quarterback on a winning team who does not accumulate large individual statistics such as passing yards and touchdown

Doesn't do much wrong. But doesn't wow you either. He's average.
There is nothing wrong with being a game manager. You realize Trent Dilfer and Brett Favre have the same number of Super Bowl rings?

I wonder how many Ravens fans would rather have Dilfer back than Mr. Elite Joe Flacco?

Shaw has proven he can throw the ball around when needed but he's also shown that he understands under most circumstances he doesn't have to do that to win.

I guess it all comes down to what you find more important: wins, points or passing yardage. For some I think passing yards are more important than winning.
Dizzy01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #468
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
I find it amazing that the people in both camps are so negative about the other player. I am glad that we have 2 QBs that are capable of winning games. Now I want Connor to be aggressive when he runs instead of being scared that he might get injured. The fact that we finally have a capable back-up makes me much more relaxed during the games. Also I don't think it is a knock against a player when we are able to win if that player has a less than stellar game. That indicates that there is a depth of players capable of making critical plays during that game. That depth is what raises a team to the next level. To win a MNC we need to get just a little better.
I don't dislike Shaw at all. There much about him to like. I just like Thompson's style better, and I think we have a better chance of winning with him. In the course of discussion, people ask me to "prove" Thompson is the better player. The only way to do that is to compare the two. When I do that, it sounds negative.

I agree that they are both capable, starting caliber quarterbacks.
__________________


me4USC is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #469
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
There is nothing wrong with being a game manager. You realize Trent Dilfer and Brett Favre have the same number of Super Bowl rings?

I wonder how many Ravens fans would rather have Dilfer back than Mr. Elite Joe Flacco?

Shaw has proven he can throw the ball around when needed but he's also shown that he understands under most circumstances he doesn't have to do that to win.

I guess it all comes down to what you find more important: wins, points or passing yardage. For some I think passing yards are more important than winning.
No, passing yards aren't more important to me than winning. Thompson hasn't lost any games. When he does, that will become a valid part of the discussion.
__________________


me4USC is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #470
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
There is nothing wrong with being a game manager. You realize Trent Dilfer and Brett Favre have the same number of Super Bowl rings?

I wonder how many Ravens fans would rather have Dilfer back than Mr. Elite Joe Flacco?

Shaw has proven he can throw the ball around when needed but he's also shown that he understands under most circumstances he doesn't have to do that to win.

I guess it all comes down to what you find more important: wins, points or passing yardage. For some I think passing yards are more important than winning.
We're not talking about wins or super bowls. We're talking about Shaw's talents and skill set.

Trent wasn't great. He was a game manger on a good team.

Also shaw hasn't proved he can throw when needed. We needed him to throw at LSU. And he lost us the game with picks.

We needed him to throw at UF. But he couldn't hit anything. Missed open receivers that could have changed the game.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #471
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Still waitin to hear about how 95% of cockytalk is tired of me.

Lmfao!!!!!
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #472
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 4,656
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
You seem to be intelligent, so I'm surprised that you used Vandy against Dylan. It was his first game as the undisputed backup, as well as the first game of the season. He had not practiced with the first team. He was allowed to throw the ball three times. When he missed those, he was jerked out and replaced by Strickland who handed the ball to Lattimore over and over. Thompson could have done that. We also know now that when he comes off the bench, he needs a little time to warm up - usually three plays. Had Spurrier left him in, this entire conversation might be going differently.

As for the injuries, Spurrier put that idea in my head. When interviewed after one of the games Connor limped through, Spurrier said that they had asked Shaw multiple times if he was hurting, and he said he wasn't. That's why they left him in. After ECU, Shaw begged the entire week to start against UAB, according to someone who was at the practices. Finally, Spurrier gave in. Shaw made it half the game. Obviously, the doctors had cleared him, but he was still hurting and not as effective as he could have been. He needs to tell them the truth when they ask if he's hurting.

As far as leadership, you may be right. However, though none of the players have said that he isn't a good leader (because that would be stupid in the extreme), neither have they lauded his leadership. I would say the silence speaks volumes.

This argument is unwinnable, because it's all based on opinions. Maybe you're right, and Shaw will decimate Michigan tomorrow night. I really hope he does.
Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it may be. :)

Do you have a link for the Connor Shaw injury situation you are referring to. I remember it differently is why I ask. I think you are faulting Connor for not being honest, and that's not fair unless I remember it incorrectly. So if that statement was made by Spurrier, can you show me where?

As far as the Vandy game is concerned, you could argue that Dylan got more time with the first team during the offseason than he ever could in one week during the season. Starters are divided during the Spring game, nor was it his first game as the undisputed backup as I recall. Who finished last year as the backup after Garcia left? If I'm wrong on that my bad, but I think it was Dylan then too. Furthermore, he didn't just miss three passes, he got sacked a few times for holding the ball too long. That's why he had -4 yards rushing. Look, I don't want to bash the guy, he's a Gamecockand I really prefer his style of play too, but I trust Spurrier to know better than I do. Shaw has also more than proven himself and deserves a lot more than being called average.
trapper82 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #473
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,920
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

I heard Spurrier said some very positive things about Nosovitch today.

Just thought I'd add some more fuel here.
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #474
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it may be. :)

Do you have a link for the Connor Shaw injury situation you are referring to. I remember it differently is why I ask. I think you are faulting Connor for not being honest, and that's not fair unless I remember it incorrectly. So if that statement was made by Spurrier, can you show me where?

As far as the Vandy game is concerned, you could argue that Dylan got more time with the first team during the offseason than he ever could in one week during the season. Starters are divided during the Spring game, nor was it his first game as the undisputed backup as I recall. Who finished last year as the backup after Garcia left? If I'm wrong on that my bad, but I think it was Dylan then too. Furthermore, he didn't just miss three passes, he got sacked a few times for holding the ball too long. That's why he had -4 yards rushing. Look, I don't want to bash the guy, he's a Gamecockand I really prefer his style of play too, but I trust Spurrier to know better than I do. Shaw has also more than proven himself and deserves a lot more than being called average.
I didn't mean for it to be backhanded. Sorry.

I don't think Shaw is dishonest. I think he wants to play. I heard it in one of Spurrier's interviews, coming out of his own mouth. I'll try to find it.

Dylan may have finished the last season as backup, but there was a big deal in the spring about who it would be this season. Supposedly, it was a slugfest among Thompson, Strickland, Clifford, and McEvoy.

I never called Shaw average. I have always said that both are starting caliber quarterbacks. You have the wrong poster on this one.
__________________


me4USC is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #475
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

I don't see how he could be anything but average. Look at his game log for his a career. It screams average.

His throwing motion and arm strength aren't very good.

If you don't have huge stats then you gotta win something or have a statement game. He hasn't won a championship. Or won a huge statetment game. He had two shots this year. And chocked on both.

Outside of south Carolina Connor shaw isn't respected. The country seems him as an average game manager. And up to this point that's what he's been.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #476
Dizzy01
Game MVP
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,536
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
No, passing yards aren't more important to me than winning. Thompson hasn't lost any games. When he does, that will become a valid part of the discussion.
We've been down the road of starting a guy just because he hasn't lost and that didn't work out too well last season.

There are a lot more things that Thompson hasn't done including beat an SEC team or beat a team with a defense ranked in the top half of the NCAA.
Dizzy01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #477
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 4,656
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I didn't mean for it to be backhanded. Sorry.

I don't think Shaw is dishonest. I think he wants to play. I heard it in one of Spurrier's interviews, coming out of his own mouth. I'll try to find it.

Dylan may have finished the last season as backup, but there was a big deal in the spring about who it would be this season. Supposedly, it was a slugfest among Thompson, Strickland, Clifford, and McEvoy.

I never called Shaw average. I have always said that both are starting caliber quarterbacks. You have the wrong poster on this one.
I was just kidding with the backhanded bit, thought it was funny.

I also know you weren't the one that called him average, so I'll try to specify that next time.

I am off to watch clempson lose so I can wake up tomorrow and watch us whip Michigan. For what its worth I do think Dylan will play once the game is well in hand and Connor has gone 25 for 29 with 250 passing yards, 2 tds with 70 yards rushing. From my lips to God's ears, as they say.
trapper82 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #478
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I was just kidding with the backhanded bit, thought it was funny.

I also know you weren't the one that called him average, so I'll try to specify that next time.

I am off to watch clempson lose so I can wake up tomorrow and watch us whip Michigan. For what its worth I do think Dylan will play once the game is well in hand and Connor has gone 25 for 29 with 250 passing yards, 2 tds with 70 yards rushing. From my lips to God's ears, as they say.
I'd love that.
pantera17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #479
Dizzy01
Game MVP
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,536
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
We're not talking about wins or super bowls. We're talking about Shaw's talents and skill set.

Trent wasn't great. He was a game manger on a good team.

Also shaw hasn't proved he can throw when needed. We needed him to throw at LSU. And he lost us the game with picks.

We needed him to throw at UF. But he couldn't hit anything. Missed open receivers that could have changed the game.
The point is that you don't have to have an amazing skill set to win and ultimately that's all that really matters. Dan Marino is often regarded as the greatest passer ever but he never won anything.

Shaw didn't have a great game against LSU but very few QBs do. That game was lost in the trenches as both LSU lines simply dominated both sides.

I'll give that the Florida game was an epic trainwreck. The entire gameplan went out the window and the offense and special teams looked bad the entire game.

It's still funny though that one guy gets criticized for his play against the number 5 and 8 defenses in the country while the other guy gets praised for his play against the number 74 and 77 defenses in the country.
Dizzy01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #480
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
The point is that you don't have to have an amazing skill set to win and ultimately that's all that really matters. Dan Marino is often regarded as the greatest passer ever but he never won anything.

Shaw didn't have a great game against LSU but very few QBs do. That game was lost in the trenches as both LSU lines simply dominated both sides.

I'll give that the Florida game was an epic trainwreck. The entire gameplan went out the window and the offense and special teams looked bad the entire game.

It's still funny though that one guy gets criticized for his play against the number 5 and 8 defenses in the country while the other guy gets praised for his play against the number 74 and 77 defenses in the country.
Not Marino's fault. Did everything he could.

I'm not criticizing him for his play aganst them alone. Look how he played aganst wofford. Pretty badly. It's not that he's played bad aganst good d's. It's that he plays average aganst almost everyone lol.

All I want is for him to sling to ball around.
pantera17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development