CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
sanford
Rooster'srule
StormOfTalons
cocksmith1or11
Acockolypse Now
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
markymark550
ktguen
Backup QB competitio (2460)
2014 Preseason USA T (1196)
Ranking the SEC Fema (730)
Future Non-Conferenc (581)
Clowney's Madden Rat (569)
Anyone heard anythin (491)
Daily Dose of Food P (405)
Spurrier on the cove (345)
What Would You Do? (326)
Ranking the SEC scho (226)
Shaq R.
Anyone heard anything abo
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Tupelo Honey Cafe
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
New Reserved Sections for
Fall Camp--weather altern
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #481
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alex Smith on Cam Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Tampa and Nola were horrible defensively last year
Wasn't both the Falcons and the Saints in the post season? I am going merely on records
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #482
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Once Carolina gets its defense back to 100% and doesn't give up leads, a Super Bowl is a lock. Cam Newton is the next generation of NFL QB. When either RG3, Luck, and Wilson amass 9400 total yards 62 TDs in the first two years then people can say Cam isn't a good border line elite QB. If the defense stayed healthy Cam as a QB would have 20+ career wins by now. He isn't the one the blows coverages, how many games have been determined by 7 points or less in the last two seasons easily a dozen games, majority of those Cam was forced to constantly play from behind after the defense imploded. Lets not forget that Newton had zero preseason other than training camp and was able to do amazing things. This year's QB class had the full offseason with their organization.s.

All three of those rookies are in the playoffs. So when Cam does that may be then be can be classified as a good QB. He is nowhere near elite. The panthers won 6 games and 4 of them were against god awful teams that had basically quit on their coach. Also how can you claim anything about divisions when the panthers are playing in as weak a division as anyone else. Bucs and Saints were weak this year and yet they barely beat either team once in their 4 tries. So only team to worry a out this year was falcons and no one is sold on them being legit.

Luck had just as much preseason as newton, since Stanford is trimester and didn't finish the spring until July. Luck had to miss all those training camps because of league rules. Either way, the off season excuse is a joke.

You complain about D and no OL. Have you watched the redskins? They have had no OL and their D gives up 27 points a game, yet RG III has them in the playoffs. Great QBs are leaders and make their team better, Cam is not that.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #483
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Cousins won a game behind that "horrible OL and D" as well.....

skins lost to panthers btw

and RG3 almost never throws down field
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #484
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I believe it's best if Uscfreek be one of the People for Cam because SSO never makes any good arguments.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #485
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I like RGIII....he's a good kid. But I worry about his durability in the league.

But Newton's has the physique to play for a long time and rack up some really impressive numbers. Only bad thing is I don't think he'll be with the Panthers very long.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #486
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
Cousins won a game behind that "horrible OL and D" as well.....

skins lost to panthers btw

and RG3 almost never throws down field
Actually RG III throws plenty downfield. I really don't even get how that somehow proves something, either. So since Cam is wii g to just chuck it up more often that makes him better? There is a reason RG III didn't throw as many picks, he doesn't just throw it up into coverage. Cousin beat the browns, not anyone good. Also one game somehow proves the OL is good? If you watched the game, you'd have seen they had to play action and roll the pocket because OL couldn't protect straight drops. Just as when they play the panthers they couldn't protect RG III on straight drops.

Again, Cam is new Romo. People love his flashes but ignore he won't win the big games.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #487
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

IMO, Cam is the better athlete than RGIII. But RGIII is the better QB IMO. He seems to have Cam on the mental part. But also remember this when comparing Cam and RGIII. This is Cam's 3rd year playing at a high level of football. RGIII is in his 5th? Had 4 years at Baylor and was able to develop in that offense whereas Cam only started to develop when he got to Auburn in 2010.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #488
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Double post.

Last edited by eaglegolf018; 12-31-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #489
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

I think you're a Cam hater, if I'm wrong then I'll admit it, but Cam has played great over the last 6-7 games. He hasn't turned the ball over either. Cam is only in his second year, and your already calling him a bust? That doesn't add up when you watch his play on the field. Cam had more TD's than Luck, and RG3 his rookie year, also completed over 60% of his passes. RG3 has completed most of his passes, but Luck is under 55%. Cam only has one true weapon to throw to, and that's Smith. His line is horrible, and Carolina's Defense stinks. He might not ever win a Championship, but he'll be a very good QB in this league. He has size, arm strength, and his athletic ability is off the charts. RG3 if he can stay healthy will be a great QB to. Luck is the worst of the three (in my opinion) bc while he does have the size, he doesn't have great arm strength, and he lofts to many balls in the are. That's why his completion % sucks.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #490
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Cam threw about 100 more times than RG3
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #491
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( CAROLINA ) View Post
I think you're a Cam hater, if I'm wrong then I'll admit it, but Cam has played great over the last 6-7 games. He hasn't turned the ball over either. Cam is only in his second year, and your already calling him a bust? That doesn't add up when you watch his play on the field. Cam had more TD's than Luck, and RG3 his rookie year, also completed over 60% of his passes. RG3 has completed most of his passes, but Luck is under 55%. Cam only has one true weapon to throw to, and that's Smith. His line is horrible, and Carolina's Defense stinks. He might not ever win a Championship, but he'll be a very good QB in this league. He has size, arm strength, and his athletic ability is off the charts. RG3 if he can stay healthy will be a great QB to. Luck is the worst of the three (in my opinion) bc while he does have the size, he doesn't have great arm strength, and he lofts to many balls in the are. That's why his completion % sucks.
I'm not a Cam hater (if you are talking about me). Just go read the Panthers thread. I think Cam is the man. He's a freak talent
Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #492
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^This
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #493
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Cam threw about 100 more times than RG3
Ok? What does that prove? They play in different systems is all it says. RG III broke rushing yard record of Cam.

To being a Cam hater. If think someone is overrated, not elite QB and not the god of QBs is being a QB hater than I guess that's me. I look at it as being realistic and evaluating them on their play. Cam may have only been in the league two years but you can already see the pattern of stas but no wins. The argument about no OL or D doesn't work since Luck and RG III both have dealt with the same type of bad team problems. What major WR does RG III have? Cam is a super athletic guy, but that doesn't make him a great QB. Also saying Luck doesn't have the arm is incorrect. Watch Peyton manning and you will see many if the same other balls into tight windows. Luck throws a great ball that is very catchable, which is biggest thing a QB needs.

I wouldn't expect panthers fans to dislike their guy but some of the statements and beliefs on him are over the top.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #494
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

How many leads has the Skins and Colts defense's blown not as many as Carolina D has the last two years.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #495
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
IMO, Cam is the better athlete than RGIII. But RGIII is the better QB IMO. He seems to have Cam on the mental part. But also remember this when comparing Cam and RGIII. This is Cam's 3rd year playing at a high level of football. RGIII is in his 5th? Had 4 years at Baylor and was able to develop in that offense whereas Cam only started to develop when he got to Auburn in 2010.
most people above the age of 9 do too, so that's not really saying much.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #496
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Ok? What does that prove? They play in different systems is all it says. RG III broke rushing yard record of Cam.

To being a Cam hater. If think someone is overrated, not elite QB and not the god of QBs is being a QB hater than I guess that's me. I look at it as being realistic and evaluating them on their play. Cam may have only been in the league two years but you can already see the pattern of stas but no wins. The argument about no OL or D doesn't work since Luck and RG III both have dealt with the same type of bad team problems. What major WR does RG III have? Cam is a super athletic guy, but that doesn't make him a great QB. Also saying Luck doesn't have the arm is incorrect. Watch Peyton manning and you will see many if the same other balls into tight windows. Luck throws a great ball that is very catchable, which is biggest thing a QB needs.

I wouldn't expect panthers fans to dislike their guy but some of the statements and beliefs on him are over the top.
Pierre Garcon. 1-5 without him, 9-1 with him. RGIII also has help from one of the best rushing attacks in the game, while Cam deals with one of the worst.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #497
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
How many leads has the Skins and Colts defense's blown not as many as Carolina D has the last two years.
Well they are the 26th and 28th ranked Defenses in the league.

Its fair to say that RG3 has more help. Sure Garcon is not as good as Smith, but RG3 had the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL on his team and a veteran coach.

Luck really doesn't have much besides an old Reggie Wayne and a bunch of rookies and underachievers, had to go through a mid season coaching "change", and is on a team that was supposed to be rebuilding.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #498
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

while RG3 had more yards....Cam had more first down runs, more 20+ yard runs, more TDs and RG3 fumbled 9 times Cam only 4....not to mention the injury factor, Cam started and finished every game this year
Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #499
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Well they are the 26th and 28th ranked Defenses in the league.

Its fair to say that RG3 has more help. Sure Garcon is not as good as Smith, but RG3 had the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL on his team and a veteran coach.

Luck really doesn't have much besides an old Reggie Wayne and a bunch of rookies and underachievers, had to go through a mid season coaching "change", and is on a team that was supposed to be rebuilding.
thats why i think he should be O-ROY and will prb be the best out of these 3

id go Luck, Cam, RG3....ppl forget that colts and panthers had #1 pick and skins had to trade up
Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #500
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
thats why i think he should be O-ROY and will prb be the best out of these 3

id go Luck, Cam, RG3....ppl forget that colts and panthers had #1 pick and skins had to trade up
I would too.

My comment about RG3 wrapping it up wasn't my choice, I just feel that's who's going to win it considering where he plays, what his team did, and his flashy numbers. (remember it's an AP voted award)
I also think Russell Wilson is getting disrespected by not being mentioned in the OROY debate. And that because he plays in Seattle.

Like I said, for every 2 steps back SSO takes in the Cam debate you take a step Forward

#LukeForMod