CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
uscjeremynca
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
El Cid Ranger
auslander
Spurticus
The Yancey
GarnetSwarm1990
Blake McClain (911)
What ever happened t (884)
Clemson, Auburn home (565)
Fall Camp. (556)
The Believer - Spurr (402)
Clowney's Madden Rat (282)
This is why I gave u (272)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (265)
2016 - B.J. Emmons (225)
Daily Dose of Food P (202)
Green and Lammons
official UFC thread. (new
Ranking the SEC Female Fa
Best Offensive "Trip
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
What ever happened to Phi
Blake McClain
2015 - Zack Bailey
Clemson, Auburn home and
Clemson Recruiting...how

Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #41
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Club Donation Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I hate this dang donor level, yes fee, ticket price crap. Aside from the fact that as a married 31 year old with a baby, I can't afford (by afford, I mean the fight with my wife) the price of decent season tickets, why make it as complicated as it is? Don't get me wrong, it isn't OVERLY complicated to understand the way all the levels work, but why make it anymore than just putting a price for tickets?

Why not just have:
30 yard line -> 30 yard line (lower) = $700 per seat
30 yard line -> end zones (lower) = $550 per seat

Those are just examples of a structure, but you could easily assimilate the real values pulled from donor levels, yes fees, etc. Consumers aren't as dumb as they are making us out to be. If we just keep milking $200 there and $300 there, they won't realize they are spending thousands to see football games!

I grew up going to games with my family. Sitting with my dad, watching the gamecocks, having him teach me the finer points of the game from inside Willy B. I remember seeing face value on the tickets, hell, I still have all the stubs from every game I've attended $20, $25 for big SEC games. I understand prices can't be that low for tickets these days, but there weren't all the fees then either!

What else was happening when the pricing structure was straight forward? Sell outs, every year. 0-11 I was a student, so I didn't have to buy tickets, but I was at the Russell House every Friday standing in line.

My contempt for the cost of a decent pair of season tickets is only calmed by the fact that because we don't sell out, I can buy the 3 game mini packs for less than donors pay. I was contemplating getting season tickets this next year, because if USC is gonna have 'that season' its gonna be next year, given our Georgia-esque easy route to the SEC. I guess I will go ahead and do it, cause with price increases coming the next year, it might be my blue-collar last chance to do it.
The seats for the mini-packs are terrible, at least they were every time I was going to get them, so I just passed on the mini-packs and got tickets from other sources. I agree with you that the whole thing seems overly complicated.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #42
treykkpsi
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1020148
treykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot materialtreykkpsi is USC mascot material

I saw on my gamecockclub login that those selecting 1-2 tickets will automatically be upgraded (another $110 bucks) to the century club level (if you are Roost).

treykkpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #43
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by treykkpsi View Post
I saw on my gamecockclub login that those selecting 1-2 tickets will automatically be upgraded (another $110 bucks) to the century club level (if you are Roost).
Im calling tomorrow to check on this....Im thinking about doing the 11 month payment plan this year. Has anyone tried that yet?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #44
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
Im calling tomorrow to check on this....Im thinking about doing the 11 month payment plan this year. Has anyone tried that yet?
Yep ! Did it last season, my last payment was this past month. Worked out fine for me
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Yep ! Did it last season, my last payment was this past month. Worked out fine for me
How did the payments (how much high or low) go per month? Now depends on your giving level mine is roost.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #46
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
How did the payments (how much high or low) go per month? Now depends on your giving level mine is roost.
Mine were Century, 165 giving level, payments were 110 per month
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #47
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I just logged in and they have updated to where they show your donation level, cost to increase to the next level, and then your total points. My points are definitely wrong and so is my donation history.

Anyone else?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #48
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I heard a proposal that they may rescind the dues increase and instead raise ticket prices by 4-5 dollars. That way it isn't just the gamecock club members that have to pay the increase.

You basically have 80,000 pay for a small increase, rather than have 17,000 pay a large amount.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #49
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Success is expensive. Maintaining that success is even more expensive...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #50
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I just wish the prices were reasonable for the every man. I love the Gamecocks, but I have to pay my mortgage. I understand big donors get big benefits, but geez. I'm not going to be able to do for my children what my parents did for me, with the same or better household income my parents had vs my wife and I. I guess these aren't my childhood Gamecocks though.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #51
gamecocks36
Walk On

Male

gamecocks36 has hatched from the shell

I just paid $385.00 for the round house level, All I know is I can buy 4 season tickets, pick of available seating for season, Pick bowl tickets, Not really sure what else comes with this package,other than I still have $1280.00 more dollars to spend just for tickets, does not include parking. with parking + membership + tickets and traveling and tailgating = about $ 5000.00, Im ready for some GAMECOCKS FOOTBALL. Looking foreword to kicking orange butts, gator butts, bulldog butts, I believe we will have another great season,because we are better than we get credit for. GO COCKS.
gamecocks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #52
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

This will be my third year as a member and getting tickets. I've sat in the same seats, which I love, every year and am debating changing from Half-Scholarship to Roundhouse but am unsure as to how that would affect my seats. I get to keep the same seats now, but would I lose them and have to pick others if I drop down a level? or is that where the YES fee comes into play?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #53
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I'll enjoy my lower deck student section free ticket for the next 3 years! I made it to 11 games last year (7 home + Vandy + UF + Clemson + Michigan). Hoping to make it to more next season!!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #54
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I just logged in and they have updated to where they show your donation level, cost to increase to the next level, and then your total points. My points are definitely wrong and so is my donation history.

Anyone else?
My points are wrong too. I called the Gamecock Club and emailed them. They are looking into it.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
I just wish the prices were reasonable for the every man. I love the Gamecocks, but I have to pay my mortgage. I understand big donors get big benefits, but geez. I'm not going to be able to do for my children what my parents did for me, with the same or better household income my parents had vs my wife and I. I guess these aren't my childhood Gamecocks though.
I'm an "every man". I don't make that much money, but I'm a half scholarship donor. I just don't spend much on other entertainment expenses.

Buying 2 season tickets costs less then $800 a year. That's only about $75 a month. Unless you are making minimum wage, I think most people can find $75 to cut from their monthly expenses to pay for tickets. It may mean no more nights out of eating out or maybe you reduce the cable bill, but it easily can be done.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #56
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
I'm an "every man". I don't make that much money, but I'm a half scholarship donor. I just don't spend much on other entertainment expenses.

Buying 2 season tickets costs less then $800 a year. That's only about $75 a month. Unless you are making minimum wage, I think most people can find $75 to cut from their monthly expenses to pay for tickets. It may mean no more nights out of eating out or maybe you reduce the cable bill, but it easily can be done.
A half scholarship is $725 + $800 for season tickets = $1,525 (or $127/month).

That's $1,525 to see 6 or 7 football games. 2 of which will be noon-nobodys.

Lets say it's 7 games and you get Clemson, that's $217 per game.

Is that worth it for 2 people to see USC vs UF or Clemson? DEF! Is it worth it for Coastal Carolina at noon? How about KY at noon?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #57
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
A half scholarship is $725 + $800 for season tickets = $1,525 (or $127/month).

That's $1,525 to see 6 or 7 football games. 2 of which will be noon-nobodys.

Lets say it's 7 games and you get Clemson, that's $217 per game.

Is that worth it for 2 people to see USC vs UF or Clemson? DEF! Is it worth it for Coastal Carolina at noon? How about KY at noon?

For me it is. I may value football more than you and that's ok. You may value going out and spending $50 on a good meal, to me that's a waste of money. Or you may feel like watching the games on a $1500 TV and spending well over a $100 a month on cable is worth it.

Everyone has their own opinion on how much to spend on entertainment options.

No one is wrong on spending money on their chosen entertainment option. My point is that the every man can afford USC season tickets. Now if they don't feel like it is worth it, then that's fine, but it is certainly something you can do.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #58
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
For me it is. I may value football more than you and that's ok. You may value going out and spending $50 on a good meal, to me that's a waste of money. Or you may feel like watching the games on a $1500 TV and spending well over a $100 a month on cable is worth it.

No one is wrong on spending money on their chosen entertainment option. My point is that the every man can afford USC season tickets. Now if they don't feel like it is worth it, then that's fine, but it is certainly something you can do.
I agree. I can't even use most of my tickets and I still think it is priced for any working man to afford. With the right donation package and 2 tickets, you are looking at less than $70 a month.

Besides, they do have payment plans and that is how they are really affordable to most.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #59
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:

Agreed 100%.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote