CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MDF DUST
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
In-state QB talent (968)
Rank the QBs under S (781)
Which loss hurt wors (763)
Ranking the SEC Foot (689)
BA ranks recruiting (512)
Google finally gets (447)
Who start on the d l (376)
lack of production= (376)
Five Upstate High Sc (361)
Why I think we beat (347)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Texas athletic director:
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
A simple defensive line &
Ranking the SEC Football
Five Upstate High School
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Does South Carolina still
So Disappointed With The

Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #581
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Peach Bowl Clemson vs. LSU

If we win today, is it possible that Clemson jumps us in the polls even though we beat them?
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #582
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Les Miles may be the dumbest coach in America...or at least his OC.
that is about all you can say about that farce of a game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #583
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

no I'm gonna have to hear about how we lost to LSU and they beat them *sigh*

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #584
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

LSU beat themselfes.Worst game i have seen them play in a long time.Honestly I do not see why they hang on to Les Miles.He wins games but it is not pretty.He does les with more than any coach I can think of.LSU came in flat and stayed that way.Despite giving up twice as many plays they still had the leed with 2 seconds left.SMH
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #585
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Imagine what Nick Saban would do at LSU.

Oh... right.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #586
shane0613
Walk On

Male

shane0613 is sharpening his clawsshane0613 is sharpening his clawsshane0613 is sharpening his clawsshane0613 is sharpening his clawsshane0613 is sharpening his claws

I think when Dabo made the national championship reference he was talking about LSU not Clemson. He's been talking all month about LSU being a NC contender and how they came close to being there this year with the Bama game. He was not referring to Clemson but it did sound like he was. This is a good thing for USC. You beat Clemson soundly and Clemson actually showed up and beat a solid LSU team. I'm a tater but I don't hate or pull against you guys. My wife is a USC alum and she drug me around Death Valley after y'all beat us. Despite losing I had a good time. LSU was getting at Boyd tonight but it looked like Clemson realized they couldn't stop it so they game planned for it. All the runs Boyd had and the ton of quick passes. Give Clemson credit they won a good one for the ACC. I think Clemson's fast offense wore LSU out b/c they were dropping like flies and the one dude that was rocking Clemson early got hurt along with a lot of other LSU players in the 3rd and 4th.

This win helps USC. If y'all handle Michigan you will be ahead of LSU and Clemson. I agree with the Gamecock fan that posted earlier about it being a good win for our state and the boys from our state. I pull for Clemson first, USC second and I know most people hate folks that pull for both but that's how I was raised. The team I hate the most is Michigan followed closely by Ohio State and SoCal. I hope you guys crush Michigan but the Gamecocks can't take them lightly b/c they seem to play well in bowl games. VT and Florida can attest to that. I don't think Michigan has the players to hang with USC this year but y'all also can't play like you did against Florida. I know that was a fluke but bad games happen. Nothing would be better for our state to have a sweep in the bowls. Maybe if both teams continue to play at a high level we might get to host a bowl game in the future.
shane0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #587
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

We beat Clemson. If they try to talk smack to us it would be irrelevant
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #588
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane0613 View Post
The team I hate the most is Michigan followed closely by Ohio State and SoCal.

Well, I guess you were pulling for Georgia Tech during the Sun Bowl yesterday. I'm a GA Tech fan as well as a Gamecock fan and I was happy they beat SoCal. Honestly, I thought SoCal would win that game, but Tech happily surprised me, stepped up, and played a good game.

Now, the Gamecocks need to take care of business against Michigan.

Go Cocks!!!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #589
Scranton Tiger
Two Deep

Male

Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material

Just read the whole thread start to finish. Really, some of you need to remember it's just a game. I've never been able to understand just why so many people (every school’s fans) let the outcome of a game bring out so much hatred. No matter the outcome, good or bad for your rooting interest, the sun will come up tomorrow. You will still have to pay your bills at months end. So, just a suggestion, try and use all that emotion for something positive. Family, friends, etc.

The refs didn't decide the outcome. There were bad calls both ways tonight. Just like in every game played throughout the country every week. There is no great anti SEC conspiracy. There were no black unmarked helicopters flying around Atlanta. Many of you say the exact same stuff verbatim about SEC officials having some kind of anti-Carolina bias during the regular season. The officials are human and just like you and I they are also flawed. They make mistakes just like the players we pull for. Far more often however, they get it right.

Why couldn't LSU's defense stop Clemson when Carolina did? Probably because Carolina just has a better overall defense. No big mystery there.

Why was Clemson's defense so much better tonight? Probably watched the Carolina game film and thought LSU (rightly so) would try to do the same thing. Short passing game just KILLED us against the Cocks. Had extra time to game plan for it and stopped it for the most part.

Will Tajh and/or Nuk go pro? Tajh isn't ready. He had a great game tonight but he isn't ready. Not really close either. Hopkins on the other hand is absolutely ready. Like all Tiger fans, I hope he decides to stay. Only time will tell.

The National Champion contender comment? As shane0613 mentioned, Dabo was referring to LSU. Saying it's big for Clemson to knock off a Title contender.

As for the game, it was a real nice win for Clemson. Played tough and overcame lots of adversity that in games past they have not been able to overcome. Giving up quick TDs to start both halves and losing our best player on the first series would have pretty much ended the game last season. Defense played better than I thought they would also. And Nuk came up big in Sammy's absence.

Lastly, as most of you know, I also pull for the Cocks every game save one. So, on that note, go chew up some Wolverine ass on New Year’s Day. Make sure Denard Robinson's last game for Michigan is a nightmare. Hopefully my friend's son (Shon Carson) will get lots a playing time as has been rumored. Would love to see that young man show all of you what I already know he can do.

My official prediction, Carolina 38 - Michigan 10.
GO COCKS!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #590
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
Just read the whole thread start to finish. Really, some of you need to remember it's just a game. I've never been able to understand just why so many people (every school’s fans) let the outcome of a game bring out so much hatred. No matter the outcome, good or bad for your rooting interest, the sun will come up tomorrow. You will still have to pay your bills at months end. So, just a suggestion, try and use all that emotion for something positive. Family, friends, etc.

The refs didn't decide the outcome. There were bad calls both ways tonight. Just like in every game played throughout the country every week. There is no great anti SEC conspiracy. There were no black unmarked helicopters flying around Atlanta. Many of you say the exact same stuff verbatim about SEC officials having some kind of anti-Carolina bias during the regular season. The officials are human and just like you and I they are also flawed. They make mistakes just like the players we pull for. Far more often however, they get it right.

Why couldn't LSU's defense stop Clemson when Carolina did? Probably because Carolina just has a better overall defense. No big mystery there.

Why was Clemson's defense so much better tonight? Probably watched the Carolina game film and thought LSU (rightly so) would try to do the same thing. Short passing game just KILLED us against the Cocks. Had extra time to game plan for it and stopped it for the most part.

Will Tajh and/or Nuk go pro? Tajh isn't ready. He had a great game tonight but he isn't ready. Not really close either. Hopkins on the other hand is absolutely ready. Like all Tiger fans, I hope he decides to stay. Only time will tell.

The National Champion contender comment? As shane0613 mentioned, Dabo was referring to LSU. Saying it's big for Clemson to knock off a Title contender.

As for the game, it was a real nice win for Clemson. Played tough and overcame lots of adversity that in games past they have not been able to overcome. Giving up quick TDs to start both halves and losing our best player on the first series would have pretty much ended the game last season. Defense played better than I thought they would also. And Nuk came up big in Sammy's absence.

Lastly, as most of you know, I also pull for the Cocks every game save one. So, on that note, go chew up some Wolverine ass on New Year’s Day. Make sure Denard Robinson's last game for Michigan is a nightmare. Hopefully my friend's son (Shon Carson) will get lots a playing time as has been rumored. Would love to see that young man show all of you what I already know he can do.

GO COCKS!
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #591
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I hate to say it but good comeback win for Clemson. LSU was pathetic though.

Sadly, we had to play LSU at Baton Rouge. Everyone loses at Baton Rouge. I think we win that game if we play anywhere else.

Clemson had a month to prepare and did well. Not sure what LSU did the last month but they surely weren't improving as a team.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #592
Arm Chair QB
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Arm Chair QB has hatched from the shell

Les Miles clock management lost the game for LS WHO

Arm Chair QB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #593
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Les Miles may be the dumbest coach in America...or at least his OC.
that is about all you can say about that farce of a game.
I said it when we played them this year, one of LSU's weaknesses is their coaching staff, which blows my mind.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #594
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Page 21 made me laugh
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #595
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post

GO COCKS!

Good post.'

I went to a party last night with all my Clemson friends and offered them my congrats and then went on to party all night. You would figure when we are actually beating Clemson now people wouldnt melt down if Clemson happens to win a bowl game. People take this shit way too seriously.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #596
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

I watched this game with both Clemson and LSU fans - very funny time.

I disagree with those saying Boyd is not ready. He made some pro throws last night. I was surprised to be honest. He threw some difficult outs and showed a lot of poise. He could come back and put up some big numbers next year for sure, but not sure running that offense is going to develop him further and he also will get beat up (see RG3). Man he took some big hits last night. I'd be curious to hear what his NFL grade would be.
If he is top 4 rounds, he should leave.

Now of course Dabo would make some emotional, impassioned plea to have him come back, rather than what's in his best interests.

I will say I was surprised by Clemson's defense too. I thought LSU would run easily on them.

Still, after all that, if Les Miles was not a moron, Clemson does not win this game. My LSU friends were livid! How do you throw it twice when you need 2 yards for a first down to effectively end the game?
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #597
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

Why does the result of this game bother the SC nation so much? I cannot figure it out. I have had numerous people on facebook instantly try to underplay the win and say that LSU was uninspired and trying to discredit the significance for the Clemson program. You guys beat us this year, why do you care? I though that SC had a good win today against a good team and it was a very enjoyable game to watch. I did not cheer for the Gamecocks but I am willing to admit that they are a very good team and have not see Clemson fans trying to play down what it means for your school.
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #598
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Faceless names on the internet make it easy to hate. I have a number of friends that root for clemson and we are friends and they are not morons other than rooting for clemson.

We don't need to worry so much about clemson, we are just better than them right now.