CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
b381l
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
spareparts
Yearofthegamecock
qcgamecock
markp_vip
Dylan Thompson's pas (3396)
ST coach fired this (3067)
Celebrity Guest Pick (2881)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Let's talk about Mat (2080)
Rank the SEC startin (996)
So, um, yeah the NFL (979)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (970)
Defensive personnel (884)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (808)
NFL: BEARS @ JETS Mon 9/2
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Dylan Thompson's passing
Gameday Sign Ideas
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Is it possible for our Sp

Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Any word on Ace's leg yet?

They didn't show him going off the field.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in
Default Re: Any word on Ace's leg yet?

Looked like a cramp
Cocky Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
ccg-atlcock
Walk On

Male

ccg-atlcock has hatched from the shell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axAL2FMLScA

after all the runs...has to be cramps. pretty hot too.
ccg-atlcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Sending positive energy his way - played a heck of a game today.

Also want to throw in for Damiere, there - glad to see him back in the mix.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i think Ace should have been POG...i know clowney made play of game but Ace was huge all day, PR, TD after clowney smash, and then 4th down catch
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Mike View Post
Looked like a cramp
Umm, yeah. You don't do a Lachman test for cramps.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
horseshoefootball
Starter

Male

horseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudlyhorseshoefootball is crowing loudly

He immediately grabbed the back of his knee. Not a good sign at all. Hope he is okay.
horseshoefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

it was the same knee that hyperextended on the td so i am hoping sprain
Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

For some reason I was thinking hamstring when I saw it, but whatever it is, that had to be the game of his career so far. I thought he was clearly the player of the game. Way to show out in your home state Ace, awesome.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

I too thought it was a hamstring. Seemed like the way he was grabbing the area that he either cramped or pulled it.
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
bkc2311
NOPE

Male

CockyCash: 1015
bkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his comb

Is Ace gone or staying?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
Fish Tacos
Recruit

Male

Fish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc2311 View Post
Is Ace gone or staying?
personally i think staying. i think if he have another big year he will really start to catch the eye of some nfl scouts. i'm sure he'll consider getting a feeler for what round he may be. but my guess would be he'd return, one to improve his draft status and two, b/c hopefully he sees that carolina has an awful awful lot to play for next year and wants to be a part of it
Fish Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

What was the unsportsmanlike penalty against Ace, when he went into the back wall? I never saw anything on the replays.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #14
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 22758950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
What was the unsportsmanlike penalty against Ace, when he went into the back wall? I never saw anything on the replays.
It was the refs making sure Michigan covered. It worked.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
It was the refs making sure Michigan covered. It worked.
My thought as well Legal ... that and the 4th down spot and chain measurement should raise some serious suspicions about the integrity of the Big Least officiating crew.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #16
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
i think Ace should have been POG...i know clowney made play of game but Ace was huge all day, PR, TD after clowney smash, and then 4th down catch
I'm sure you know by now that Ace was named Outback Bowl MVP.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
+1!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Just a sprain. He's good, reallllll good.
GarnetArmy07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Ace was in for the last two point try after the TD with :11 left
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Where were the officials from. They blowed
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote