CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
Captain9Dragons
Cockypantherfan
SEC Network "Ta (1586)
Sunday college footb (511)
Ole Miss Projected R (510)
Early Pre-Season wom (498)
So who was the dude (488)
Kentucky Inmate Star (462)
Acock reviews the SE (457)
Get the SEC Network (433)
Tennessee hires Donn (426)
2001 vs Sandstorm (324)
2015 - Nyheim Hines
2001 vs Sandstorm
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou
Does anyone have a link t
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Worst call ever in a college football game?

That view is disputable, but the field level view they showed after that was completely indisputable. These officials need to be investigated. There was no question that was short, and the NCAA WILL BE FORCED to take action.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlgamecockman View Post
link?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...W9ucw--;_ylv=3
Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #23
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

It is the 2nd worst call in history.

The worst call was the no call which is now called...The Push.

My bp (which had been pretty normal except when we kept putting Shaw back in) rose about 80 points right then.

We won, that is all that matters, but that ref sucked.

There were at least 2 face masks and 2 punches thrown by that #77 on Clowney that were missed...or ignored.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
That view is disputable, but the field level view they showed after that is not. These officials need to be investigated. There was no question that was short, and the NCAA WILL BE FORCED to take action.
Shouldn't it be the Big East reviewing the play and taking any necessary disciplinary actions?
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

My wife and I were right in front on the TV yelling and spurring on Spurrier, who was obviously livid. I usually give the refs a break and NEVER blame a loss on the refs, but THAT WAS THE WORST CALL OF ALL TIME. IT WAS CLEARLY SHORT!!
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #26
2spurs
Walk On

Male

2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous

The entire crew for that this game should be fined and or fined. That call along with the lack of calls(against Michigan) lead up to extremely suspicious circumstances to say the least. I don't believe I have ever see one face mask by a lineman in another game as obvious as those that were committed over and over again by Michigan. If it wasn't for those face mask and Hair pulling lineman Clowney and friends would have been all over the Michigan offense...My 2 cents.
2spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Not sure if it trumps the 5th down for Colorado, but it comes pretty darn close.

Thankfully justice was served in Clowney's hit, I've never seen anything like that. The hit and the combination of just picking the ball up with one hand. I think Clowney would have taken that one back had there not been more Gamecocks in the backfield for him to trip over.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
Mich_QB_U
Walk On

Male

Mich_QB_U has hatched from the shell

As a Michigan fan, I like going for it on 4th down sometimes, but Hoke should not have gone for it in this instance. For the life of me, there is clearly one inch between the ball and the stick, but the ref signaled first down Michigan. Probably one of the only times ever that I wished my Michigan team would then go three and out, because I did not want to hear how the call could have helped us win that game. The hit and the fumble on the next play corrected this bad call. And all was right in the game.
Mich_QB_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #29
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Shouldn't it be the Big East reviewing the play and taking any necessary disciplinary actions?
This wasn't a Big East football game. I assume the NCAA would have to take control of this.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
It is the 2nd worst call in history.

The worst call was the no call which is now called...The Push.

My bp (which had been pretty normal except when we kept putting Shaw back in) rose about 80 points right then.

We won, that is all that matters, but that ref sucked.

There were at least 2 face masks and 2 punches thrown by that #77 on Clowney that were missed...or ignored.
Imo, the difference with the no call on the Push and the chain measurement today is the simple fact that the chain measurement is not subjective or subject to any interpretation, or grey area. Either the ball is touching the stick or it isn't. The ref either:(a) intentionally ignored the measurement, or (b) made a mistake in signalling for a first down for UM as opposed to Carolina and wouldn't admit the mistake later.

The Push, while a bad call, was at least subject to interpretation as far as was it enough contact to make a pass interference call, etc. In contrast, today's call was akin to 2+2 = 5.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
ELCID14
4-Star

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

If I could have jumped through my TV screen and give the ref a Ric Flair chop to his throat I would have!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

How do you mess this call up? With refs like this, it's no wonder the Big East is dissolving.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #33
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksB2BChamps24 View Post
Not sure if it trumps the 5th down for Colorado, but it comes pretty darn close.

Thankfully justice was served in Clowney's hit, I've never seen anything like that. The hit and the combination of just picking the ball up with one hand. I think Clowney would have taken that one back had there not been more Gamecocks in the backfield for him to trip over.
The 5th down thing happens every once in a while, usually the fault of the down marker operator, but this was a write or wrong. There was NO reason to miss that call. It was football 101. Tip doesnt touch black, its not a first down. Just awful.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #34
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksB2BChamps24 View Post

Clowney's field awareness in recovering the fumble was almost as incredible as the initial hit. He looked like he was just scooping up a few marbles on the playground!!
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #36
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

This game shall forever be known as "The Hit"
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #37
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
This wasn't a Big East football game. I assume the NCAA would have to take control of this.
Since it's a complete Big East crew, I would assume the conference's head of officiating would have to review the game first. Regardless, they should be disciplined.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Superman righted the wrong

Last edited by cockybusiness2; 01-01-2013 at 07:58 PM.
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #39
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

It was either complete incompetence, or dishonest!

Best as I can tell, the Ref is an idiot, and needs to be re-trained, and re-certified! If not just flat out fired!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #40
gamecocknva
Blue Chip

gamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPit

That ref handed us a lemon and Clowney crushed it with his bare hand and made some lemonade.
gamecocknva is offline   Reply With Quote