CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
gamecockgal
l^l^lBGCock
A. Pilgrim
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
thekob
ktguen
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
Tired of night games (1923)
Luginbill says ECU s (1471)
Cooper (1391)
Next years RB situat (1283)
20 of 31 former play (1256)
What the heck is up (1237)
Coach Elliott pregam (1236)
Well, as it turns ou (1094)
Been a pleasure talk (988)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (770)
A serious question for th
Wake Forest recruiting...
CBS Sports Meathead crew
2015 - Roquan Smith
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Tired of night games
Quarles is a Colt!
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
No Gurley near the goal l
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
gamecock0516
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spursgamecock0516 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Worst call ever in a college football game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich_QB_U View Post
As a Michigan fan, I like going for it on 4th down sometimes, but Hoke should not have gone for it in this instance. For the life of me, there is clearly one inch between the ball and the stick, but the ref signaled first down Michigan. Probably one of the only times ever that I wished my Michigan team would then go three and out, because I did not want to hear how the call could have helped us win that game. The hit and the fumble on the next play corrected this bad call. And all was right in the game.
Good post. Thanks.
gamecock0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #42
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

Yeah and this jackwagon has no defense as the call is on tape for all of the world to see.
woo:
53fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

As bad as this call was, it was okay. This was the moment when EVERYONE realized the referees were attempting to fix the game. All the no calls and bad calls came to a head with this one call. Anger is a powerful emotion when it is used in a controlled manner. The South Carolina Gamecocks refused to let crooks cheat them out of a win.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #44
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
That view is disputable, but the field level view they showed after that was completely indisputable. These officials need to be investigated. There was no question that was short, and the NCAA WILL BE FORCED to take action.

Shoot, Ray Charles could've seen this.
Attached Images

TheUSCMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #45
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
Shoot, Ray Charles could've seen this.
Finally. Thank You. I have been looking for that view.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #46
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
i wonder if he signaled the wrong direction accidentally, but stuck with it to save face
This was actually the first thing I though about, and that another official would correct him. Officials point the wrong way all the time, so I wouldn't have thought much of that if another official had corrected him.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #47
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I thought when they stopped for review they were going to look at the spot the ball was placed not the botched view of the measurement.

I still contend that they got the spot of the ball incorrect initially anyway...it should not have even been this close....

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Yeah, one of (maybe the) worst calls I have ever seen.

But, if they gave us the 1st down, that SICK hit from Clowney may have never even happened.
Agree 100%. And we wouldn't have been as fired up and may we we don't win the game. I think we owe that ref a beer!
4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #49
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Thumbs up Re: Worst call ever in a college football game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
Clowney's field awareness in recovering the fumble was almost as incredible as the initial hit. He looked like he was just scooping up a few marbles on the playground!!
He scooped up the ball effortlessly, like it was a routine thing. His hands are a great effort. It looked like he rehearsed doing it.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #50
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

I almost kicked my poor dog :/ but he's a 100 lb Lab lol
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #51
FLCock89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
FLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I thought when they stopped for review they were going to look at the spot the ball was placed not the botched view of the measurement.

I still contend that they got the spot of the ball incorrect initially anyway...it should not have even been this close....
^ this. I thought the original spot was more than generous, and couldn't believe they never showed a replay of the actual play until after an extensive commercial break (and even then it was the wide view that didn't offer much to see).

I guess the controversy of the measurement was more important, but I was disappointed to not get another look at the original spot.

But I agree with most of the others here. If it doesn't happen, then one of the most amazing plays I ever witnessed doesn't occur. So I'm ok with it.
FLCock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #52
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I am still clueless as to how that referee could get away with such a call. I mean it was not just a poor decision, it seemed like he knowingly did it. It had to be knowingly, how could u not know?

You would think the NCAA would get involved with this, or could have called to the game, there wasn't anyone with more authority that could have said something? this was just crazy
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #53
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Screw that, it was a great call. If we didnt get that, The Hit wouldn't have happened and the Internet wouldn't have broken.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #54
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
That ref should lose his job. Period.
They're Big East refs...they're ALL losing their jobs ;)

To me, the biggest part of the whole thing wasn't that it was clearly a blown call with indisputable evidence to over-turn, but the fact that the ref physically moved the ball or chain to make it look like the right call and ALL of it was caught on national television.

But alas, Mr. Clowney made them pay. I just wish he would have laid out the ref like that as well.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #55
1966gamecocks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 70000
1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous

I say he's a lier and a cheat and if he's not maybe he should go to Wal-Mart and apply for one of the greeter's position's.
1966gamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #56
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 100500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
I have seen a few bad calls in my 41 years, but the way Carolina was rooked by the head referee on the Fourth Quarter spot and chain measurement call could be the cream of the crop:

It blows my mind. I mean...I keep trying to think of some way that you could possibly call that a first down. I mean, really...did the ref suffer temporary insanity? Was he struck blink? Is he dyslexic and somehow the image of the football and that of the stick juxtaposed in his head? Did he suffer a minor stroke immediately before the call?

Honestly, I don't get it. Joking aside, even if you're incompetent, you can see that was short. The only answer I can come up with is the ref decided it was a first down despite the visual evidence in front of him. I'd like to hear the ref defend that call.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #57
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 100500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966gamecocks View Post
I say he's a lier and a cheat and if he's not maybe he should go to Wal-Mart and apply for one of the greeter's position's.
He'd get fired -- at some point, people would get tired of him saying "Bye! Thanks for shopping at Wal-Mart!" to people as they walked in the door.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #58
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

it did work in our favor. it pissed our players off and motivated them to play with a mean streak at the end to win the game
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #59
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

He thought it was golf and was taking a gimme
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #60
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I just hate how there is no accountability for these refs. We will never hear anything from them about the call.

All we want to hear is "I was wrong."