CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
ReadR00ster
WeStillOwnUSC
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
johnnyb
uniforms saturday (2374)
Auburn looks beatabl (2102)
Vandy Fans (1558)
Three young corners (729)
Watch ESPN3 regional (653)
King - South Carolin (637)
**official Vandy pre (620)
Cardinal's Jonathan (547)
No Vandy Predictions (337)
tailgating canopy on (319)
uniforms saturday
**official Vandy predicti
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Next years RB situation
Hotel in Nashville?
Places to watch Carolina
Auburn looks beatable
Waldrop injured
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr

Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: WHAT A DAMN GAME !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Michigan had a perfect gameplan against our Offense and Defense for
the most part and executed it very well. ....Carolina kept coming up with
the Big plays when we needed them and we didn't fold when it was all
on the line. Absoluety a fantastic game on both team's part.

I hate when the officials tried to take that one away from us. TOTAL
BS on the measure... But DAMN WHAT A PLAY BY CLOWNEY TO ERASE
A BAD CALL

Both QBs played exceptionally well most of the game, and both made some
bad plays here and there, but when it came time to win the game... Our
guys came through and Took Care of Business... It was a game we were
just not going to lose today.

One Hell Of A way To End A Season Huh ?

I'am completely satisfied !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Michigan gave us all we wanted. But in the end, our boys would not lay down. Got to love these kids. Not so sure JD is a kid. Think he was born a Predator.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

This was the game this gamecock team needed! We have held strong through adversity! Much different than previous gamecock teams.

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

The old us would have given up. The new us never dies.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
cjssax
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
cjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his claws

my remote took a beating, chucked it across the room a couple times!

cjssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #26
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

That was the game that a great heart attack is made from. Go Gamecocks!!
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
The old us would have given up. The new us never dies.
This is what Todd Ellis talked about after the game on the radio.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #28
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Michigan had a perfect gameplan against our Offense and Defense for
the most part and executed it very well. ....Carolina kept coming up with
the Big plays when we needed them and we didn't fold when it was all
on the line. Absoluety a fantastic game on both team's part.

I hate when the officials tried to take that one away from us. TOTAL
BS on the measure... But DAMN WHAT A PLAY BY CLOWNEY TO ERASE
A BAD CALL

Both QBs played exceptionally well most of the game, and both made some
bad plays here and there, but when it came time to win the game... Our
guys came through and Took Care of Business... It was a game we were
just not going to lose today.

One Hell Of A way To End A Season Huh ?

After it was all over I realized that I had just watched a great game. My heart and head were both hurting from some of our plays on both offense and defense because I really felt like we would handle Michigan better than we did. I will give credit to Michigan that they did play better than I thought that they would or maybe we just did not play as well as we could have? Either way, it does not matter as we did win the game and this will go far in helping our program in both recruiting and respect around the SEC and nation.

I am very proud for our players and Coach Spurrier and his staff. I think Old SOS is really taking these bowl games a lot more serious now and he wants to win them all. It's just a great time to be a Gamecock, especially for all of The Gamecock Nation that can remember when we were glad to finish just over .500 with our won lost record.

For all of us that can go back for many years to all of the new Gamecock Fans, TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY AND A WONDERFUL WIN FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #29
cox75
Walk On

Male

cox75 has hatched from the shell

Was beginning to think Shaw would not pull us through and then after Clowney's hit, he goes and throws that TD to ACE! On the last drive he gets away from the tackle and throws a clutch first down to Ace and comes up lame. I like Thompson, but from being a long time Carolina fan, I just didn't have the faith. Just about hit the ceiling from the couch after Bruce caught the TD! Fantastic finish!
cox75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #30
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

What a great season.

If only Lattimore had been able to finish it on the field.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #31
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
I'm thankful that I don't have a 3D TV. BOOM and then stuff was flying everywhere. I would love to see the running back's face right before impact.
I don't think he ever saw what was coming at him. Clowney was on him pretty much as soon as the ball was.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #32
CanadianCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
CanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his combCanadianCock is developing his comb

In the last three years we've beaten Alabama, Nebraska and Michigan. Three of the most respected teams in college football...wow!

I was listening to XM radio on the way home tonight and they described the game as Michigan giving consistant bodyblows by gaining yards the entire game. They described Carolina as giving haymakers by gaining big yards with the big plays. With this in mind I reviewed the play-by-play notes for carolina's big plays...see below.

Connor 56 yards - touchdown
Thompson 70 yard reception
Connor rush 64 yards
Connor 37 yard reception
Connor 31 yard touchdown
Thompson 32 yard touchdown

Overall Carolina got 426 yards, of those yards 290 (68%) of them came on the six plays indicated above. This does not include the 63 yard touchdown run by Ace...

I smell fun & gun!!!

Last edited by CanadianCock; 01-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.
CanadianCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #33
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagz View Post
Great game, but we need to get away from this zone read junk. It's clear to me that the only reason it's had any success is through the sheer talent of Marcus L.

It's truly sad that we can't line up and rush the ball for 2-3 yards on first down.
The lack of a run game was because of all of Michigan's blitzing, each time the zone-read failed was because the MLB read it and cut off the qb's chances around the side, the only time SC had success rushing today was qb draws and an amended read-option in which the DE was blocked and MLB was read. The ESPN commentators noticed it and a lot gets by them.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #34
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

...and with Lattimore being in wouldn't have changed how Michigan was playing the zone-read, which was perfectly, if he was in, you would've seen more power-running, but the guys we had at rb today aren't power runners.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote