CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
garnet_black215
Regalcock
gamecockgal
Pw00132
More David Williams (4612)
Polls (3101)
Gameday in Columbia (2660)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2353)
Tonight's ugly win w (1984)
D line pressure (1427)
Clem5on fans are bes (1248)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1200)
Why Weren't We Bette (1156)
SEC East Race as of (1060)
iPhone 6/6plus and Apple
D line pressure
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Dylan Thompson's passing
Kendrick salley
Rank the SEC starting QBs
2014-15 Premier League se
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Gameday in Columbia
Why Weren't We Better Pre

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous
Default Did we see a preview of next year's offense today?

It looked like the HBC abandoned the running game almost entirely today. I know that there was no Lattimore, that Miles was a little gimpy, Carson was not ready, and Davis can't pass block, but I get the feeling that with Shaw or Thompson, we might see a very wide open offense next year, and I think that we saw a preview today.

I always felt that Spurrier relied too heavily on Lattimore and that it caused him to go away from his natural offensive instincts. I'm a Thompson fan, but either QB seems able to execute the offensive schemes that we have been waiting on for 8 years.

It's all in place for a lot of big plays next year. I think we will be electrifying in 2013 and our days of grinding out wins with our running backs is over.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb
Default Re: Did we see a preview of next year's offense today?

The lack of a running game is exactly the reason we WON'T win the SEC next year.

We went against Michigans defense today...not Bama's, UF's or LSU's...you win in the SEC by running the ball and playing stout defense.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Mikeyk1337
Cocky in Georgia

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming in

I agree and hope!!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
The lack of a running game is exactly the reason we WON'T win the SEC next year.

We went against Michigans defense today...not Bama's, UF's or LSU's...you win in the SEC by running the ball and playing stout defense.
The formula worked for Spurrier at Florida. I don't want our running game to tank, but we can pass our way to an SEC championship.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

think we will see the running game get better. first we need a better oline
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

I just really wish that Carson didn't play those few snaps.
AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I hope so! They really keyed on our running game and we made them pay big time. I think we surpassed the most yards they have allowed through the air all year by a lot of yards.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCock View Post
I just really wish that Carson didn't play those few snaps.
Yea that really was the biggest waste ever. I mean I realize he must not want to be here for 6 years but damn he touched the ball what 1 time...
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I think we just took what the defense was giving us and capitalized on it, which IMO is even better news. The latter part of our season has shown that our offense is becoming versatile enough to change depending on the opponent and situation.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
The formula worked for Spurrier at Florida. I don't want our running game to tank, but we can pass our way to an SEC championship.

No, it didn't.

Look at stats from his best years from UF. Appx 50/50 run pass.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

They'll always strive for balance but the ball is definitely going into the air next year and thank goodness it will be with a Sr and RS Jr QB. The WRs and TEs will be the strength of the offense.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

We need a better style of run. We need to go under center and run more traditional runs at times. Also QB can't miss wide open WRs if going to be a passing team. Lastly, think when we use read options would like more with pulling OL and variety of gives.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

To answer the original question:

God I hope not.

We have GOT to find a running game next year. Hats off to Michigan, their D is no joke, but we should have moved the ball better than that.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #14
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

With Wilds, Carson & Davis, only one of which we know is really healthy, I do not see why anyone would think that this is what our offence will look like next year with an anemic running attack. I think we will be fine at tailback.
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Missing that big body that can pound the rock inside...and teams are now blitz-jamming the zone plays...which leaves the play action stuff open. UM looked like they watched the Vandy film...we better find ways to overcome that in the off-season...we are going to need to run the ball better.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #16
Nolesfan076
Walk On

Male

Nolesfan076 is sharpening his clawsNolesfan076 is sharpening his clawsNolesfan076 is sharpening his clawsNolesfan076 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
They'll always strive for balance but the ball is definitely going into the air next year and thank goodness it will be with a Sr and RS Jr QB. The WRs and TEs will be the strength of the offense.
Yall think Ace is gonna declare?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post

+ 100
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I just hope the OL will come together and play much better next year.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Even if Ace does declare, Bruce returns. Jones returns. Shaq will be in his 2nd year, Byrd in his 3rd, Brent in his 3rd, Jeffery in his 3rd, Fuller will be in the rotation, K. Smith will be in the rotation. Anderson and Adams are back. Owens enters the rotation. There is a BRIGHT future with this group of pass catchers.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

South Carolina is the first team this season to throw for more than 200 yards against Michigan's defense.