CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
taylorssc
ACPhilson
zcockz
PageUSC
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
DTGCOCKS#32
HBC Weekly Presser (1700)
Thompson Has Neck In (1381)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (787)
Zone Read Analysis w (693)
What fish do you eat (667)
Clowney didnt get ma (657)
4th & 1 Play (597)
KY Suspends 4 Player (573)
Request (348)
So What? (256)
Kentucky prediction
Dylan Thompson looks brok
So What?
4th & 1 Play
One player could have cha
10-2
HBC Weekly Presser
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Bad Week For Upstate Coac
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #81
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Worst call ever in a college football game?

Read a little further, one poster asks, after The Hit, what exactly it is they're reviewing. Another poster responds with "time of death". Too funny
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #82
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Big East recruits referees from Lighthouse for the Blind.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #83
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

That was an amazingly bad call.

I'd really like to hear him defend it.

Whatever.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #84
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I just hate how there is no accountability for these refs. We will never hear anything from them about the call.

All we want to hear is "I was wrong."
This. They don't have to answer for anything. There is just no public accountability that they are held to. Just like Sam Holbrook and that blasted Infield Fly play in Atlanta (Goosefraba). That's the problem with officiating. They have instant replay so they feel like they have a mulligan when they are out there, then when they go to the replay, they are too afraid to grow a set and overrule their call.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #85
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I just want to know what was going on in the minds of the other officials. Especially the dude that spotted the stick at the ball.

I'm thankful for the outcome. That was the most exhilarating turn of events I've witnessed in recent memory.

... but how did the line judge not speak up. "Hey, Bob, you sure you don't want to look at that again?"
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #86
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Worst Call Ever.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #87
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

This one ranks right up there with the "fifth down" that Colorado got back in the 90s.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #88
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

We got away with a bad missed block in the back on Ace's punt return. Just noticed this. Watch Golightly get a block that blew the play open. They missed that one too.

Not saying the 2 calls are the same because the missed measurement was just laughable. But they missed this one as well and it went in our favor. Could have been a different game if this gets called. Oh well. We won. Just thought I'd throw this out there.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #89
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Anyone find it funny there were 0 holdings on Michigan?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #90
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Anyone find it funny there were 0 holdings on Michigan?
There was 1. Don't think we had any on us.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #91
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I forgot the last time we played at LSU not this year anyone remember where the referee spotted the ball for measurement saw it was short and then pushed it up to make it good. I can't find the youtube video but it showed all the crap calls the refs made against us.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #92
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

That idiot ref was just too stubborn to reverse himself. It takes a big man to admit he's made a mistake, this ref was not a big man, he was a dips***. Spurrier said he asked one of the other officials why the referee gave Michigan the first down, the guy said, "I don't know."

I think there is some internal accountability among refs but they keep it all to themselves, it's never discussed publicly and this gaffe won't be either. But if that guy ever gets a post-season gig again it will be a travesty.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #93
cjssax
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
cjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his claws

Seems legit

cjssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #94
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #95
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I get passionate about games. I will cap and yell "yes" or "wohoo" when we score. However, I don't normally yell at the TV. I was livid at that call and yelling "no no no no no" and calling the ref nuts and crazy.

When Clowney made that hit and got the fumble, I started yelling at my TV again - talking trash to the ref!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #96
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

It's crazy how much control one referee can have in a game. Definitely should be some measures implemented to prevent such power and cases of being a dumbass.

I really want to hear his justification.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #97
gamecockswagga
Walk On

Male

gamecockswagga has hatched from the shell

I started jumping up and down because I saw he didn't get it and then I saw the ref signal a first down and I was like WTF????
gamecockswagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #98
Percy Jackson
Walk On

Male

Percy Jackson has feathers coming inPercy Jackson has feathers coming in

I liked Mike Tirico's comment after The Hit and fumble recovery, "South Carolina deserves to have it, and they DO!"
Percy Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #99
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
It is the 2nd worst call in history.

The worst call was the no call which is now called...The Push.
We are talking about FOOTBALL.
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #100
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Dos Equis guy:

"I don't always beat Michigan, but when I do, I make sure to knock their RB into the next universe."
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote