CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Spurticus
Mt. Lattimore
petecock
jrussjr
RGHoskins
JerseyBird
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
1st practice tonight (1849)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1145)
We don't have a prac (790)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (781)
Could we see 3 QBs o (601)
Donell Stanley injur (541)
weather in columbia (466)
Cockytalk Fall Pract (446)
Overrated and Underr (420)
Copperheads (303)
Auburn Loses Guard for Se
Cockytalk Fall Practice R
Paul George Seriously Inj
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Official SEC Network and
1st practice tonight
Could we see 3 QBs on the
Links to post-practice vi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #141
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: the qb questions will continue...

Can't imagine what this convo will be like in 2 months when Nosovitch and Mitch step onto the practice field..

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #142
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ35 View Post
Whatever your "intent" is the things you are saying are absolutely ridiculous! Connor Shaw had just as much to do with Carolina winning today as Dylan Thompson did and vice versa. Connor doesn't make "on target" throws all the time but neither does Dylan. The QB talk right now should be how both guys played really well today and were a big reason why Carolina won(and have back to back 11 win seasons for the first time ever). Not the negative garbage you're posting here tonight about Connor Shaw(who is 17-3, 1-0 vs clemtech, and VERY instrumental in the ONLY 2 11 win seasons in Carolina history, by the way)!
I'm posting in a thread entitled "QB questions". If you didn't expect there to be discussion about that (particularly when the OP went out of his way to diss Thompson despite Thompson playing sparingly and very well in doing so) then I don't know what to tell you.

I give shaw all the credit for his role and when he has played well (for stretches today, for example). Maybe read that "negative garbage" more closely and you'll see that.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #143
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I agree that Shaw's mobility kept him in the game but sadly it was because the oline couldn't effectively block even when Michigan only rushed 3. I wonder what either QB could do with a half way consistent oline.
So here is an entirely sincere question: how is saying "the OLine is inconsistent" and "can't effectively block" different than me pointing out when the QB (regardless of who it is) is under throwing balls? I mean this sincerely. Isn't the OLine a group of players?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #144
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Being married for as long as I have has clearly eroded my knowledge of female underwear.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Acock, I'm pretty sure your wife isn't real happy that you just told the world that she doesn't wear any underwear.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #145
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Can't imagine what this convo will be like in 2 months when Nosovitch and Mitch step onto the practice field..
C2: to keep this productive (or attempt to): what do you see as the main strengths/weaknesses of Shaw/Thompson?

I think shaw needs to fully recover (I think his injuries are more serious than we realize), work on arm strength, and work to stay in the pocket and not look to run the instant he detects any type of coverage. (Which he did well on the first drive today).

Thompson has a smaller sample size, but I'd say throw the ball away when necessary (and not take sacks).

EDIT: anyone feel free to respond. I'm really not interested in just bashing Shaw's play.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #146
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
So here is an entirely sincere question: how is saying "the OLine is inconsistent" and "can't effectively block" different than me pointing out when the QB (regardless of who it is) is under throwing balls? I mean this sincerely. Isn't the OLine a group of players?
The only real difference is people don't tend to get attached to linemen the way they do with a QB. The other piece of this is that I doubt you'd find many people willing to argue the point that the oline is consistent and blocks well.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #147
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
The only real difference is people don't tend to get attached to linemen the way they do with a QB. The other piece of this is that I doubt you'd find many people willing to argue the point that the oline is consistent and blocks well.
Probably not on the "blocks well" comment...but, I do believe that we will all agree that they have been consistent...unfortunately. They did seem better though in the clemson game...perhaps the threat of the deep ball helps them some...

And, just ftr, I don't think that Kane has 'bashed' CS...esp in light of the 'player comparisons' that were taking place up until that thread was closed last night.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #148
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

I personally am tired of all the jawboning on who's better. Seems like Dylan supporters feel they have to bash Connor and vice-versa.
I think we should just accept the fact that we have TWO qbs who know how to win, and that's a good problem to have. They sure seem to support each other more than some of this fan base does.
I do believe the bashers are the vocal minority and most of us don't care who's back there as long as we win.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #149
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Here is my frustration with some of the posts in this thread.. Just giving my opinion just like many of you have given yours..

In the last two drives, our QBs COMBINED to go 9 of 9 (100%) for two TDs (if you exclude the spike to stop the clock). Shaw was 6 of 6 and DT was 3 of 3. Each threw BEAUTIFUL passes for TDs.

These were two drives with the game on the line where Michigan had the lead and we needed to score. In these drives we had two great passes as already mentioned, we had a clutch 4th down and 3 throw, and we had an absolutely amazing escape from a sack where CS found Ace and was able to pick up a first down.

The end of this game had to be one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen by two players in a SC uniform. They made play after play to give us the lead on two different occasions.

Yet, we have one poster saying that in his opinion, Connor would have lost us the game if he had stayed out there. Yes, he a right to that opinion, but what I saw was Connor going 6 for 6 in the last two drives with some pretty amazing plays including a beautiful TD pass and two amazing plays to keep the drive alive.... 6 for 6 with a TD, had moved the sticks, and had a 1st and 10 when he was injured yet he would "have lost us the game?"

And then we have another guy talking about Connor's glaring deficiencies, etc.

I guess if those are the things you want to focus on then so be it. But man, I must have watched a different game because I saw two QBs that combined to go 25 of 35 (taking out spike) for 341 yards and 4 TDs including going 9 for 9 with two TDs and some highlight type plays in the last two drives when the game was on the line. I saw one of the gutsiest performances by two guys ever to play in a game.

The QBs were responsible for 420 yards of offense (we only had 1 yard rushing by RBs) with 4 TDs and 0 turnovers. I guess I am just amazed that we are discussing either of their "flaws" after a performance like that.

I think they deserve better than that.. Just my opinion, but after performances like the one they BOTH gave us today, it certainly seems like we could just say "well done guys, well done!"

Last edited by cofcgamecock9; 01-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #150
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Here is what I don't like about some of the posts in this thread.. Just giving my opinion just like many of you have given yours..

In the last two drives, our QBs COMBINED to go 9 of 9 (100%) for two TDs (if you exclude the spike to stop the clock). Shaw was 6 of 6 and DT was 3 of 3. Each threw BEAUTIFUL passes for TDs.

These were two drives with the game on the line where Michigan had the lead and we needed to score. In these drives we had two great passes as already mentioned, we had a clutch 4th down and 3 throw, and we had an absolutely amazing escape from a sack where CS found Ace and was able to pick up a first down.

The end of this game had to be one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen by two players in a SC uniform. They made play after play to give us the lead on two different occasions.

Yet, we have one poster saying that in his opinion, Connor would have lost us the game if he had stayed out there. Yes, he a right to that opinion, but what I saw was Connor going 6 for 6 in the last two drives with some pretty amazing plays including a beautiful TD pass and two amazing plays to keep the drive alive. 6 for 6 with a TD and had moved the sticks and had a 1st and 10 when he was injured yet he would "have lost us the game?"

I guess if those are the things you want to focus on then so be it. But man, I must have watched a different game because I saw two QBs that combined to go 25 of 35 (taking out spike) for 341 yards and 4 TDs including going 9 for 9 with two TDs and some highlight type plays in the last two drives when the game was on the line. I saw one of the gutsiest performances by two guys ever to play in a game.

The QBs were responsible for 420 yards of offense (we only had 1 yard rushing by RBs) with 4 TDs and 0 turnovers. Guess, I am just amazed that we are discussing their "flaws" after a performance like that.

I think they deserve better than that.. Just my opinion, but after performances like the one they BOTH gave us today, it certainly seems like we could just say "well done guys, well done!"
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #151
cocky2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100796
cocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervous

We may have the best 2 QBs in Gamecock history at the same time (aside from Taneyhill and Grantz.)

Shaw has game-breaking running ability and is also a good passer.

Thompson has game-breaking vertical passing ability and is also a good runner.

Both are outstanding.
cocky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #152
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Here is my frustration with some of the posts in this thread.. Just giving my opinion just like many of you have given yours..

Yet, we have one poster saying that in his opinion, Connor would have lost us the game if he had stayed out there. Yes, he a right to that opinion, but what I saw was Connor going 6 for 6 in the last two drives with some pretty amazing plays including a beautiful TD pass and two amazing plays to keep the drive alive.... 6 for 6 with a TD, had moved the sticks, and had a 1st and 10 when he was injured yet he would "have lost us the game?"

The QBs were responsible for 420 yards of offense (we only had 1 yard rushing by RBs) with 4 TDs and 0 turnovers. I guess I am just amazed that we are discussing either of their "flaws" after a performance like that.

I wholeheartedly agree w/ everything you've said herein. The entirety of my response was questioning Snoop's "Thompson had some bad plays too" to open the entire thread and voicing specific frustration I experienced w/in today's game itself (which was a continuation of bad habits I've observed all season). Then you proceeded to tell me how bad a person I was, how I have no right to suggest or think that Shaw isn't better than Thompson because I'm not a coach, that I'm "sitting behind a keyboard w/ my cheetos" and "do nothing to contribute to the team", etc. So I defended myself and my statements. Please don't act as if I started a thread entitled "SHAW IS JUST THE WORST RIGHT????" and then proceeded to bash him personally and endlessly from the word go. I was responding to the OP and then defending my right to an opinion and the "you're just pathetic" insults you were hurling my way.

Shaw and Thompson both played excellent overall and you're right to point out that both contributed mightily on the final drive alone. I've stated my opinion and the reasons for it, and we don't need to continue to go back and forth. Let's just enjoy the victory and let spring ball, the summer, scrimmages, etc. sort the rest out. If Shaw is named the starter after all of that then I will gladly pull for him and hope that he has worked to improve (which I don't doubt he will; he obviously wants to be great). We have a lot to be excited about in 2013.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #153
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Everybody should watch Dylan's post game interview and get on board with what we got going on here

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/index-main.html Page 2 of the top videos ( not sure why I am having trouble with the actual video link)
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #154
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I love Connor, I just worry about his ability to stay healthy. He's not the biggest cat in the world, and I'd rather have a 100% Thompson over a 90% Shaw.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #155
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

I've seen a few post game interviews from coaches and some players, but not Shaw. Anyone where to find his?
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #156
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
We have a terrific problem being that we have 2 quarterbacks that we can count on. That being said, I don't believe that Shaw would have been able to make that throw that DT did at the end of the game. That was NFL city.
look man, i know you love beavis and butthead, but please stop licking the frogs!!!! i am sooooooooooo glad ellington caught that ball, but lets face it, he looked like a guy receiving a punt. that was in no way an nfl pass. it was a floater, that we are lucky wasn't intercepted.
again, glad he completed it, especially with a guy coming after him, but stop making it out to be like this great throw. it wasn't. and shaw's pass to ace earlier was a much tougher and better pass.

now, that being said, i must say that dylan did show me more today than i've seen from him in the past. still pissed he took that sack, but he looked very good on most of his plays.

finally, for the poster who rebutted that dylan only had like seven plays, that actually makes my point for me. who did sos trust with this very important game, all game long? connor shaw!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #157
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just don't understand how this is even a debate anymore. I give shaw credit for some great runs and his scramble on the final drive and finding Ace obviously kept the drive alive. But we're not even in that situation if Shaw could avoid tucking the ball when his first option is covered and scrambling right into the arms of a waiting lineman/LB.

His throws downfield are wobbly and under thrown (no zip whatsoever) and because he looks to run first so frequently he basically negates the RBs. The more traditional sets/play calling with DT (since the zone read isn't as effective) mean the RBs actually get to, you know, RUN.

Shaw certainly had some good moments today and greatly contributed to the win. But a lot of the reason the D was gassed and the game was so close was directly a result of his inability to sustain drives or score points.
i don't think it is possible for anyone to be more wrong than you are about everything you have written in the thread. seriously, i've taught first graders with better insight.
first, you should have stopped with the first four words of the quote, and left it at that.
second, before making such an ignorant statement about shaw running right into the arms of a dl or lb, you might want to check his rushing stats of over 100 yards, before the sacks are applied. and considering how poorly our ol played, you should give him even more credit.

third, again, you need to check the replays. he threw the ball for at least sixty yards in the air, and that ball was a perfect spiral. so what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Why? Because there's mounting evidence to discredit your "shaw is so much better than DT"?

I'm glad they're both on the team and don't want to denigrate connor's contributions to the win. At the same time you just can't dismiss his struggles.
first, there is no such evidence. sos started and played shaw for the majority of the game. and regardless of the idiotic post earlier, sos has not said anything about shaw losing his starting position.
and for the record, saying you don't want to denigrate connor, all the while doing exactly that is not a clever play. if shaw didn't get the team down the field, thompson wouldn't have had the chance he did. shaw kept that drive alive several times, when it looked like it was dead. the ol almost lost us this game, and shaw made a lot of the plays to keep us in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Snoop and Grit have been on a tirade since the Clemson game. Now both of them seem to have soften their stance some. I'm just saying.
i haven't softened my stance at all. i simply gave credit where credit was due. my so called tyrade was based on so many posters' overreaction to dylan's game against a pathetic clempscum defense. one had nothing to do with the other. i still feel that dylan's performance against cu wasn't enough to get the reaction it did by some on here. however, i do feel he played well today, and give him all the credit he earned.
but that doesn't change the fact that sos went with shaw for the start and the majority of the game. there is a reason for this. ya know?

Quote:
Exactly as much as you did. Where did I say "if Dylan is hurt we are screwed"? I think you're arguing with 2 different people.

Also: if Shaw is so oberwhelmingly impressive to Spurrier then why would there be an open competition? Would seem to me that if Spurrier was so enamored and shaw was such a stud there wouldn't be a question. I don't think there's an "open competition" at A&M in the spring, is there?

EDIT: LOL at you thinking you know exactly what Spurrier is thinking.
what open competition? i have read everything i could find since the game, and have seen nothing about this. provide a link to where sos said this, or stop saying it. you're just trying to add an element to the debate that doesn't even exist.

and for the record, it's no magic trick to know what sos is thinking, as he says it in every interview or press conference. the best statement you and the other dylanites can hang your hats on, is where sos said that he didn't know how much playing time either qb would get in the bowl. but now that we did see it, i guess that kills that!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #158
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
look man, i know you love beavis and butthead, but please stop licking the frogs!!!! i am sooooooooooo glad ellington caught that ball, but lets face it, he looked like a guy receiving a punt. that was in no way an nfl pass. it was a floater, that we are lucky wasn't intercepted.
again, glad he completed it, especially with a guy coming after him, but stop making it out to be like this great throw. it wasn't. and shaw's pass to ace earlier was a much tougher and better pass.

now, that being said, i must say that dylan did show me more today than i've seen from him in the past. still pissed he took that sack, but he looked very good on most of his plays.

finally, for the poster who rebutted that dylan only had like seven plays, that actually makes my point for me. who did sos trust with this very important game, all game long? connor shaw!
So the plays you have trouble with from Dylan are:

1) the sack that he "took". I would suggest you watch that play again.

2) the game winning touchdown pass.

I'm glad SOS's decision to limit the plays of a kid that was throwing lights out yesterday makes your point. I am, however, thankful that Connor was releasing the ball and making the throws we all know he can make.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #159
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
What bad plays were made by Dylan? The dude only took 12 snaps. I'm assuming you meant the sack, OP??? I would have to somewhat agree, I'm sure there is somewhere he could have dumped the ball if he'd have seen the defender coming from his blind side. However, I'm sure the unblocked DE coming straight at him had his attention.

I was glad to see Connor make some of the throws we all know he CAN make. He obviously has the ability and is the only 200+ yard passer vs. Mich. all year. Hopefully he continues this path and gives receivers an opportunity to make a play as he did with Ace in the end zone today.

Very impressive game today. A whole lot of guts! Everything was left on the field today.

... but OP, please clarify what issues you had with Dylan Thompson today. Because he looked pretty sharp to me. But maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at.
this is one of your better posts. and in response i will say jus two things. first, i didn't single out thompson as playing poorly, or having problems with his play. i said that both qb's played very well and had SOME poor plays. yes, the sack was, in my opinion a poor play. so many made such a big deal about dylan's pocket presence in the other thread, and that sack hurt us. there were a few throws as well, including the game winner. he lofted that ball, and it looked like ellington had to wait on it for a while. but he completed it, and as i said earlier, i was impressed with thompson today, and he earned that.
both guys did well today, and i'm so happy with the outcome, and us having back to back 11 win seasons.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #160
cgking114
Filibusterin' Fool

Male

cgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot materialcgking114 is USC mascot material

With Spurrier, when has it NOT been an open competition for the QB starting position in the off season?

Last edited by cgking114; 01-02-2013 at 10:47 AM.
cgking114 is offline   Reply With Quote