CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
B-G
Gamecocks1137
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2086)
Have you ever been s (1313)
Tennessee Offense Br (830)
Key for 2015 defense (802)
Women's Team Ranked (534)
Skai Moore out for U (488)
This season and recr (449)
Lebron makes Clevela (355)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (244)
For all the uniform (205)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #21
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tip of the hat to Michigan

I am a bit curious why most of the Michigan players left the field before shaking hands. Is this part of the Michigan tradition.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #22
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Michigan has been a team I've pulled for since middle school. Mainly due to my hatred of Ohio State. What better way to hate OSU than like Michigan. Awesome fans, awesome fight song, awesome uniforms, awesome stadium. I will see that before I die.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #23
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I am a bit curious why most of the Michigan players left the field before shaking hands. Is this part of the Michigan tradition.
I noticed that too but i will give them a little leeway due to the heartbreaking fashion in which in it ended.

Great game.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

Who gets a wag of the finger?
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #25
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

This was as mean and nasty a slobber-knocker as I've ever seen. The Michigan QB will be a lot better next year because of the off-season work/camps that Borges has plans for. He missed a lot of plays by just a hair due to slight inaccuracy. Best wishes for the Big Blue.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #26
igotmycockcloth
Kenny Clucking Powers

Male

CockyCash: 1300
igotmycockcloth has feathers coming inigotmycockcloth has feathers coming inigotmycockcloth has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
A absolute class program with a classy fanbase.
Arguably the best bowl game this season.

Big Blue is on the right track under Hoke, and you will be winning Big 10 titles soon, and will be competing for national titles.

I hope we get to play you guys again, because both teams got better after this one.
I must have been surrounded by their ass hole fans, yesterday and today. They were not nice at all.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #27
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmycockcloth View Post
I must have been surrounded by their ass hole fans, yesterday and today. They were not nice at all.
I didn't have a problem with any of their fans, in fact I was surprised they weren't more rowdy.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #28
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

I think 99% of us predicted this to be a blow out...
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #29
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
I think 99% of us predicted this to be a blow out...
I wasn't expecting / predicting a blowout, but I said for 4 weeks SC would
win the game comfortably and at some point (I was saying early 4th qtr.)
we would "take over". I was thinking a score of around 38-21 / 35-17 etc...

Michigan came to play. They brought a good gameplan with them and they
stayed with it and executed it to perfection on both sides of the line. To
me, this was a big step forward for our program. We had trouble with their
gameplan, and even after making adjustments to it, they were still beating
us up front on both sides. They corrected their mistakes in their secondary
early on, but in spite of that we continued to pull out big play after
big play on offense and defense, and both our QBs had a lot of success
making those big plays when we needed them. We found a way to win a
game against a well prepared and good solid team.

Brady Hoke and his team / staff were better on paper and in the stats,
but we matched them with heart and intensity on the field. That's how
we eventually won the game....behind a group of senior players who
weren't going out on a losing note, and behind some fantastic individual
performances from a lot of Gamecocks. .. It was a very good football
game.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #30
Carolina80's
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Carolina80's has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2spurs View Post
BS...I must have watched a different game in which their Lineman were grabbing hair and face mask all day long. Between their dirty play and the refs I hope to never see them again. Heck..I always thought LSU had the dirtiest line in the country...not so.
I agree. They kept highlighting Lewan and each time he had a handful of hair, jersey or facemask yet never got called for it.
Carolina80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #31
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina80's View Post
I agree. They kept highlighting Lewan and each time he had a handful of hair, jersey or facemask yet never got called for it.
As bad as it sounds, pulling a guys hair is not against the rules in HS, NCAA
or Pro Football. In fact, Spurrier covered that a year or so after he took
the job here. He was asked about the players "hair and facial hair" (we
had several players with Dreads and/or beards) he said he's never been
a coach who told his players to cut their hair short or shave, but told the
players that had hair that stuck out of the helmet that it wasn't against
the rules for a player to grab or even tackle a player by their hair, so if
they didn't keep it at least under the helmet, they were risking having
an opposing player come up with a handfull of it.

It's an "unwritten rule" among players not to do it on purpose, but there
are some players who don't follow even the written rules, so if they
decide to pull someone down by the dreadlocks or long hair, there's no
penalty against it.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the little things hurt us in this game. getting them in 2nd and 10's and having offsides or personal fouls that kept them in manageable down and distance. having them clearly stopped short of a 1st down and letting a guy escape. they go 3 for 3 on field goals, we go 0 for 2.

in particular that sequence when kenny fumbled and then we allowed them to convert the fake field goal and then get 3 points out of the drive kept them in the ball game when we could have gotten some distance. then the 33 yarder that yates missed that would have pushed the lead back to 11.

credit for michigan for taking advantage when there were openings and making it a ballgame. maybe having two comeback drives in the 4th quarter will be good for the quarterbacks going into next year and the team as a whole.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
Florida Cock
Recruit

Male

Florida Cock has feathers coming inFlorida Cock has feathers coming in

Agree with MOST of the Blue fans being very civil and nice, but, unfortunately I ran into more than a few whom did not hold their liquor well and were arrogant and obnoxious. (Probably paper Blue fans) I live an hour south of the stadium and tailgated with 20 Michigan friends. Very unhappy people after the game but all but 1, civil.
Have been reading some of their blogs and like Clempson, they really have a lot of history majors. Living in the past. One had the nads to put down Columbia because of the heat in the summer, our fight song, Cocky, our history and as expected our academics! This coming from someone foolish enough to still live in a deep freeze in the rust belt! At least people are still moving to our area and SC, not to Michigan!
But most fans were nice I hope they do well next year

Gamecock in Florida!
Florida Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #34
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Michigan's unis were awful.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

When it comes to college football, you're gonna find your history majors at every major program.
That's not just a Clemson thing, but it's funny because Clemson's history isn't that great

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #36
MGoBlue
Walk On

Male

MGoBlue has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Most of what I saw on TV was players shaking hands...was it different in person?
MGoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #37
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
Most of what I saw on TV was players shaking hands...was it different in person?

There was plenty of Michigan players that shook hands.... yes, there were some that went straight for the locker room, but that is normal.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #38
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Unlike Rich Rod and Urban, Hoke seems like a true class act. Always pulled for Michigan since Woodson, but strayed when Rich Rod went there. Good luck in '13, UM!

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #39
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Michigan could have easily been 10-2 going into that game..but they werent. Road losses to some great teams.. Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio State all basically on the road expect for the neutral site game week 1 against bama.

Lost first game to bama on a neutral site.

Lost At Notre Dame by a TD 13-6

Let one slip away At Nebraska

Played At unbeaten Ohio State and barely lost 26-21

I'm not sure their record indicates how good they really are & this was a big win for South Carolina.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #40
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

The only obnoxious fans I saw were our fellow gamecocks. Two got into a fight in my section and had to be escorted/arrested out.

I guess that is why they don't serve booze at Williams Brice.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote