CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3224)
2014 Subway Classic: (1557)
aTm demolishes Kyle (723)
Cocky at the Duck Co (695)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (611)
Really, REALLY glad (529)
Deer Hunting 2014 (363)
movers, furniture do (296)
Happy Winter Solstic (266)
Streaming nfl games (252)
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit
Default Nickname for Dylan

I thought of a new nickname for Dylan, "Touchdown Thompson" I doubt I'm the first to come up with it but I think it should catch on, the kid deserves a nickname for how well he's stepped up this season
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Garnet Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nickname for Dylan

I would call him "Skippy".

When he gets jazzed up, he gets so loose it's hilarious. What I mean is he starts head bobbing almost like he's at an AC/DC concert, and in this particular game, he literally was skipping out there on the field when we were about to score. I think Dylan has more pure joy of the game than anyone I have ever seen in my life.

He reminds me of a kid out there yelling "Weeeeeeee". That is not a crack -- when I think of kids that say that (including me when I was little), I think of a state of mind where a person is having a really innocent type of fun -- the kind that creates memories for a lifetime. Right now, Dylan is doing just that.

Of course, I could also easily call him "Marshall" Dylan after "Matt Dillon" (James Arness) of Gunsmoke. One of the best heroes of all time.

Skippy or Marshall. Both work for me.

He's the real deal in my book either way.
Garnet Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

"He loves the game! He looks like a kid out there..."
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I would call him "Skippy".

When he gets jazzed up, he gets so loose it's hilarious. What I mean is he starts head bobbing almost like he's at an AC/DC concert, and in this particular game, he literally was skipping out there on the field when we were about to score. I think Dylan has more pure joy of the game than anyone I have ever seen in my life.

He reminds me of a kid out there yelling "Weeeeeeee". That is not a crack -- when I think of kids that say that (including me when I was little), I think of a state of mind where a person is having a really innocent type of fun -- the kind that creates memories for a lifetime. Right now, Dylan is doing just that.

Of course, I could also easily call him "Marshall" Dylan after "Matt Dillon" (James Arness) of Gunsmoke. One of the best heroes of all time.

Skippy or Marshall. Both work for me.

He's the real deal in my book either way.
Lol I love it when he gets all pumped up after a few big plays
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Dylan "The Dealer", cause when he is in there, he's usually dealin' the ball to the WR's.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

The Bench Bomber
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #7
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

How about a more appropriate nickname for next year. How about "starter?"
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #8
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Thrillin' Dylan
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #9
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Yeh Dylan gets me so pumped when he is out there, and you can tell he is enjoying and living up every minute of it.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #10
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I do like Marshal.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
thecarolina1
Sarcastic Cynical S.O.B.

Male

CockyCash: 200
thecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot material

Legend!
thecarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Yeh Dylan gets me so pumped when he is out there, and you can tell he is enjoying and living up every minute of it.
And this is why is say he should be the starter. It is not a knock on shaw at all. Dylan gets emotional and it pumps the whole team up. The wr run better routes the oline is even a little better because dylan trusts his steps they dont have to worry about where shaw is gonna run
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Can't force nicknames, if he gets one let it come from the team.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Dylan trips me out he does the airplane after a td throw then he skips onto the field when it's time to go back in .
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Noah of Football
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

jtm12180 has hatched from the shell

one simple word: clutch
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

TS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPit

Iceman

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Right now: Backup.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Dylan is definitely one happy, optimistic kid. I remember how Marcus Lattimore praised him after the ECU game. Marcus didn't get huge numbers, and he said he liked games like that. Of course he did. He wasn't a target in those games. I won't follow that train of thought any further.

He loves football, and for all his humility, he wants to play. He handles interviews better than any other 21 year-old I've ever seen. He's intelligent and a student of the game. He also thinks and acts quickly under extreme pressure. He's more like a volcano in his explosiveness.

I've heard that "Bear" is one of his nicknames.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

How about Thunder and call Connor "Lightening"....oh wait that one has already been used and it didnt work out too well.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote