CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
B-G
Travelin
U-Dub Gamecock
2014 Subway Classic: (1519)
Former Gamecock root (866)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Props to Eric Hyman. (708)
Franks boy's are pla (590)
Four USC Basketball (577)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (344)
Bowl packages (338)
My early Monday dinn (278)
Chance of my lifetim (192)
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Franks boy's are playing
So, why is next year goin
My early Monday dinner .
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
The Vent and Coaching cha
Going to the Duck Bowl?
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
Question for those who ha
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th

Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #101
BDBrotherton
Carolina Football God

Male

CockyCash: 500
BDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Worst call ever in a college football game?

Can someone make a GIF of the measurement...including the ESPN side view they showed?
BDBrotherton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #102
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

And the mystery running into kicker call. They showed it on the big screen there. I guess a Phantom Gamecock touched Michigan's Punter.. smh
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #103
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

Quite a few bad calls. What did ace get flagged for after the TD. The first down for UM, and the ruffing the kicker, i never saw him even touch the kicker.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #104
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymind17 View Post
And the mystery running into kicker call. They showed it on the big screen there. I guess a Phantom Gamecock touched Michigan's Punter.. smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypirate View Post
Quite a few bad calls. What did ace get flagged for after the TD. The first down for UM, and the ruffing the kicker, i never saw him even touch the kicker.

It was running into the kicker.

UM's kicker basically kicked our guy in the head. It was a 5 yd penalty that UM declined b/c it was such a good punt that pinned us inside the 10.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #105
Gamecocks4Life86
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
The initial spot was horrible. They gave UM at least half a yard on the spot. Shouldn't have even been close. They had another 4th down where they tried to QB sneak it, went nowhere, and the refs gave them a half yard spot again and they got the first. But for that Ref to give them a 1st down when they obviously didn't get it was inexcusable. Maybe the R on his shirt stood for RETARDED.
i know what u mean on that QB sneak...i went livid on that one too bc foward progress was stopped behind the marker and they blew the whistle way too late and gave them the 1st down
Gamecocks4Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #106
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Do y'all think we will send this in to the head refs and make them look at it? Or what?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #107
andyllc
Walk On

Male

andyllc has hatched from the shell

Does anyone know what the announcers said during the measurement when the ref signalled first down? I was too busy yelling at the tv to hear....I imagine Gruden was rather surprised but I would be curious to know what they said.
andyllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #108
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
Does anyone know what the announcers said during the measurement when the ref signalled first down? I was too busy yelling at the tv to hear....I imagine Gruden was rather surprised but I would be curious to know what they said.
When they showed the inch gap between the ball and the marker, Gruden said something to the effect of…

“Every referee I’ve ever seen would say that is short. For some reason this ref called it a 1st down.”
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #109
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
When they showed the inch gap between the ball and the marker, Gruden said something to the effect of…

“Every referee I’ve ever seen would say that is short. For some reason this ref called it a 1st down.”
I think it was more like "Every person I have ever known would say that's not a first down."
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #110
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I think it was more like "Every person I have ever known would say that's not a first down."
Yep. I think that actually closer to what was said.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #111
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Chris Clark said the Big East is declining comment on the call.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #112
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
They're too busy trying to salvage the conference to worry about their crappy officials missing calls.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #113
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

That ref was just doing his Leslie Nelson impression from Naked Gun.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #114
Swampcock57
4-Star

Male

Swampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his comb

I'll bet Vincent Smith the RB wishes the ref had not blown the call. He had to pay for JC's anger. LOL.
Swampcock57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #115
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
I don't think SC should let this drop. This was such a blatant eff up, it really does seem like the ref had money on the game. We need to be pushing for an investigation and some disciplinary action for this.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #116
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I don't think SC should let this drop. This was such a blatant eff up, it really does seem like the ref had money on the game. We need to be pushing for an investigation and some disciplinary action for this.
Not sure it will do any good but I emailed the Big East commissioner, Assistant Commissioner etc and just said it was bad for the college game to not have a comment. I tried to take a tactful approach instead of just a pissed off fan approach.

It may not seem like it is important, but if you get enough calls like you got yesterday with the conferences not even having an explanation, it will start to impact fans perceptions on how fair they believe the game is being called.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #117
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Not sure it will do any good but I emailed the Big East commissioner, Assistant Commissioner etc and just said it was bad for the college game to not have a comment. I tried to take a tactful approach instead of just a pissed off fan approach.

It may not seem like it is important, but if you get enough calls like you got yesterday with the conferences not even having an explanation, it will start to impact fans perceptions on how fair they believe the game is being called.
It really does. I mean what can you do when the ref refuses to follow the rules? Walk out of the game?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #118
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampcock57 View Post
I'll bet Vincent Smith the RB wishes the ref had not blown the call. He had to pay for JC's anger. LOL.
He hit Clowney in the nads with his helmet
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #119
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
They were pretty confused too. I was yelling as well but I know I heard one of them say "WHAT are they looking at???"
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #120
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote