CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
JerseyBird
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
Spurrier_Superior_On
MountainCock
Thenardier
bigdog2003
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
Clemson Georgia Game to b
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...

Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Connor Shaw - Appreciation thread.

Connor Shaw finished the season ranked 9th in NCAA in passing efficiency and 3rd in the SEC. When is the last time we ever had a QB finish the season ranked anywhere even close to being ranked in the top 10 in the country in passer rating?

In addition, he had almost 500 yards rushing on the season.

So I just wanted to say thanks to Connor just as we do many other players!

* - There are many other threads already started to discuss glaring "flaws" or who should be the starter next year. THIS IS NOT THAT THREAD so I am asking to please respect that. We do appreciation threads for our players all the time and Connor deserves it after finishing top 10 in the NCAA in QB rating.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw - Appreciation thread.

Signed

I think he has raised the bar, makes all other QB's on the team better from his preparation. As I've said other places, there were times in our program's history you could say the QB was not giving his all on or off the field for this team, but you can't say that about Shaw.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Amen.

I would like to see both of them back there at once. Connor was a reciever at one time.

But yes thanks Connor you have the heart of a warrior
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

A year and a half as our starter and has a 17-3 record. Two bowl wins
over Top 15 ranked, traditional rich programs, and arguably the starter
in the biggest win (combined team rankings) in our school's history. Yeah,
starter or not next season I appreciate what he's brought to the team.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

We're very blessed at QB!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Didn't have the year statistically (from a yardage and TD standpoint) that I expected but he did put together a solid 2012 campaign with a cracked shoulder, bum foot, and a rumored torn labrum.

Hopefully they sit him out this Spring. Don't let him touch a football until Summer I workouts. I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't get that foot and shoulder cleaned up here shortly.

Going to feel comfortable having a Senior QB next year though, and having some competition behind him will keep him on his toes (not that he really needs it, but it won't hurt). Thank goodness we are past the years where the QB doesn't know where to go with the football or has to have the playbook cut in half. Having a guy with a bunch of starts under his belt, that has been in the offense as long as he has is going to be a God send because our offense will have to carry our team next season until the inexperience on defense comes around.

All in all, not a bad year for the QB. Got some things to work on, but he will be alright.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

If Connor can get healthy in the next 3 months before the spring camp, this could be a hell of a Spring Game. This is the most comfortable at the QB position that I have been in the entire Spurrier era. We have 2 great QB's, who work hard, stay out of trouble and are leaders on the team...and then we have some serious young talent/potential as well.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Connor brought out the Beast-Mode again this season with some of the grittiest play I've ever seen out of one of our QB's. Reminiscent of Phil Petty, but with a boatload more athleticism. Here's to hoping he can get that foot and shoulder healed up for 2013.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I will say this, I think CS is one of the guttiest football players I have ever seen, and love that he's a gamecock. I hate that he was slowed with nagging injuries this past year. The flip side of that is with DT getting quality reps this season due to CS's injuries, we won't be going into 2014 with an unproven commodity at QB. That's huge in this league.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Connor was 18 of 26 (69%) for 224 yds 2 TDs and 0 INTs. He also was essentially our entire rushing offense, rushing 10 times for 96 yds. Connor accounted for 320 of the team total 426 offensive yds, or 75% of the yardage production. Connor also led the offense on two possessions that could have added points to the total score, but both drives stalled with failed FG attempts that missed and was blocked, respectively...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Yep, Connor is one tough dude. I admired that it was killing him to be out for the last 45 seconds. Did anyone see him try and celebrate after the TD? He could barely jump and I was thinking the guy needs to stand still and not hurt himself further. Consumate team player.
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Definitely one of the best...if not THE BEST QB to ever put on a garnet and black jersey!! He has had a great defense on the other side to help him...but he has attributed to a phenomenal 17-3 record the past 2 years breaking many records and doing things that has never been done by any other QB here. The way he takes care of the ball and his accuracy is something that is very much respected...then add his ability to tuck and run it and to give his body up for the better of the team puts together a complete QB that I am proud to say plays for us. Also...the best thing about him...(see attachment...this taken after the game yesterday)

Congrats Connor on another great year...and thanks for giving so much heart and representing our University on and off the field so well...and most of all...thanks for help lead our team to 2 of the best seasons of this programs history!!!

Attached Images

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
USCFan2132
Walk On

Male

USCFan2132 has hatched from the shell

I think I heard one of the announcers say(either pre game or early in the game) that Connor didn't have break away speed. If his foot wasn't bothering him, that 64 yd run goes for a TD easily. The speed he had in the Missouri game on the 80 yd run that was called back was definitely break away speed.
USCFan2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Sign me up!

He has certainly seen us through what could have been some dark days in the post Garcia era. He has played with grit and determination and through pain. One of the things that I think goes unnoticed by too many is that he has done his part in changing the culture at the QB position. He has led by example in studying film and taking off-season workouts very seriously and this is the first in a long time that we can say that.

A tip of the hat to him, he is a GREAT GAMECOCK!
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

He's a TOUGH kid. Pretty much played injured all season. I had to laugh when Ace went down late in the 4th and all the attention and trainers were on him, while Connor limped off obviously in pain to a few pats on the butt like "you're all good shake it off". hahaha it's almost the norm for him to play like that. I hope he has time to rest and heal completely this off season.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCFan2132 View Post
I think I heard one of the announcers say(either pre game or early in the game) that Connor didn't have break away speed. If his foot wasn't bothering him, that 64 yd run goes for a TD easily. The speed he had in the Missouri game on the 80 yd run that was called back was definitely break away speed.

Yes. This. I heard that guy say this and I couldn't believe it. Later, after his long run, I yelled at the guy through the tv, reminding him of what he had said and how wrong he was.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
roosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his comb

Sometimes its the intangibles that make you great. Forget about his stats, this kid is great.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Well done, Connor. Here's to a great (and healthy) senior season.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spurs

Love Connor Shaw! What a great football player!
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

double post
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote