CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
rosstheboss
3MTA3
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Spurrier_Superior_On
Thenardier
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
Clemson Georgia Game to b
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
ESPN article on Clowney -
Acock reviews the SEC Net
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #61
AikenRooster2112
4-Star
 
AikenRooster2112's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Where ever I lay my head
Posts: 307
CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I couldn't disagree more with the premise of this thread. If anything, what yesterday's game did was cause more questions. And I don't think Michigan's pass defense was all it was hyped up to be. Yes, I realize they were missing their best DB, but one guy wasn't the reason no other team had passed for more than 200 yards against them this year, but our QBs combined for 341, so I think the only thing that really came to light was the fact their pass defense was overrated. That's not to say our guys didn't play extremely well for the most part or that anything should be taken away from them, but look at more than JUST the production.
You just disrespected our offense by posting this. Nobody is OVERRATED in the 13th game of the year and stats actually mean something at the end of the year. We beat a good defense yesterday, so you'll have to live with it.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #62
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC
 
Cock Kool-Aid's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Appalachian Trail
Posts: 2,930
CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster2112 View Post
You just disrespected our offense by posting this. Nobody is OVERRATED in the 13th game of the year and stats actually mean something at the end of the year. We beat a good defense yesterday, so you'll have to live with it.
Really? It doesn't matter how many games they played. The B1G sucks. They could have played 100 games. It still doesn't mean their defense wasn't overrated. Our offense played decent and Michigan's defense was not as good as advertised. Michigan fans didn't think we would score 20 pts on them.

And their 2 starting corners were out. That makes a big difference with your secondary regardless of what people on here want to say.
__________________
::toothsuck::
Cock Kool-Aid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #63
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name
 
COCKYTALKIN's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,102
CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I want to backtrack in some of my posts a little bit because I think I get off on a tangent defending Connor, which I do think he deserves.

I just want to make sure I am clear that I think Dylan has played excellently and I would support it 100% if Spurrier named him the starter next year. I would also support it 100% if he names Shaw the starter.

The reason I get off track, however, is because some of you are completely unfair to Connor in some of your comments. It isn't that there isn't validity to some of the posts where you say that Connor needs to get rid of it more, etc. We all get frustrated at times with things that our players do. Connor holding on to the ball is one of those things.

But the unfair part is because some of you act like Connor can't make the throws that Dylan makes. That is absurd. If Dylan makes the throw yesterday to Ace in the back of the end zone, every one of you is saying that Connor couldn't have made that throw it and don't act like you wouldn't have either. That was one of the best passes by a Gamecock QB in years and I can promise that you would have said that there was no way Connor could have or would have made that throw if he wasn't actually the one who threw it.
This statement confuses me a little bit, but I will take it.

If Dylan made that throw I would have argued - "Connor would not have attempted that throw". If I didn't know who threw it, I would have assumed Dylan was in. That's the main argument most people have vs. Connor, from what I've seen.

There are some saying he doesn't have the arm strength Dylan has, which I agree. However, I believe his arm is adequately strong and accurate.

I was very pleased with Connor's decision to pull the trigger in a number of situations yesterday where he has not in the past. In fact, I can't remember a game where he gave receivers the opportunity to make plays as he did yesterday except for the game vs. Auburn 2 years ago when Garcia went out with a concussion.

As far as the question you asked about whether we would have won if Dylan played the whole game...

It's hard to say what would happen in each play because I'm certain the D-Coordinator for Michigan would have had a different strategy depending upon who was in the game. But I would have to say, Yes.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #64
dreammachine
Starter
 
dreammachine's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clearwater, S.C.
Posts: 1,342
CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Wow, I am just glad to know that we have two very talented QB's playing for the Gamecocks. Like an earlier poster stated about competition makes players strive to play better. We have that now and let's enjoy it. Who knows, we may have a RS Freshman starting next year and if that happens and the coaching staff wants it that way then let's get behind them.

I honestly think that we could not have won the game without both QB's and where we really need to focus our attention is improving our O-Line. Once we get an O-Line that can dominate then our RB's will have "record setting days".

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #65
mpilot0705
Starter
 
mpilot0705's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lake Murray
Posts: 1,488
CockyCash: 315700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I see what you are saying and i agree with a lot of it....and i know my response sounds like a broken record...but i have to say it again...Dylan hasn't played againt many good DL's that pass rush him...the teams he has stayed in the pocket well against didn't have much of a pass rush but as far as everything else you said i agree with. A mobile QB is harder to protect. I played TE in high school and DE...but was mainly a blocking TE and it is not as easy as everyone thinks to block for a running QB. You have to be aware of where the QB is and at the same time try to keep your guy in front of you when he can see where the QB is better than you. But at the same time...when an OL has problems blocking...a mobile QB can get away from the pressure easier so it's a cache 22 on which one you go with. BUt as far as staying in and taking hits...i think anyone on here would agree that Connor gives it up for the best of the team...he has taken some shots in his 3 years here and i look forward to what next year brings with a better and more experienced OL to protect for both of them
He has taken some shots...but how many of these were in the pocket and how many were when he was running/trying to escape the pocket? I would guess somewhere in the 90+% range would fall into the out of pocket category.
__________________
mpilot0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #66
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
He has taken some shots...but how many of these were in the pocket and how many were when he was running/trying to escape the pocket? I would guess somewhere in the 90+% range would fall into the out of pocket category.
Haven't gone back to watch the game again yet but i do know that both of the TD throws he threw he took pretty good hits and saw both of them coming and got rid of it before they could get to him
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #67
mpilot0705
Starter
 
mpilot0705's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lake Murray
Posts: 1,488
CockyCash: 315700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Haven't gone back to watch the game again yet but i do know that both of the TD throws he threw he took pretty good hits and saw both of them coming and got rid of it before they could get to him
I'm talking season as a whole. It's hard too because even when he stays in the pocket he won't step up into it which would allow him to avoid some of the hits he does take in there. It's like it's either tuck it and run or don't do anything on his called pocket pass plays.
__________________
mpilot0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #68
b381l
Heisman Candidate
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,861
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Dylan won that game for us yesterday. No way Shaw would have threw that ball to Bruce. IMOP
This is exactly right. Once Connor saw the DL coming at him, his first reaction would have been to take off and then look downfield, but by then the DB would have had Bruce covered. Good QB have to see downfield first, not the other way around. DT knew he was going to get hit, but never took his eyes off Bruce. I'm sorry, that is a skill that Connor just doesn't have. Did Connor make a great throw to Ace in the back of the end zone, yes, but he was not under pressure then and the throw was not going to be intercepted. And for those on here looking for a running game, that's not going to happen till our OL improves and learns to play/block as a unit.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #69
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,483
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I think Dylan is proof that if you run Spurriers system like he wants, it still works.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #70
JDStud6
Two Deep
 
JDStud6's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,046
CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I think the title of this thread is hilarious...obviously no QB argument has ended.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #71
Lalli25
Household Name
 
Lalli25's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Centreville, Va
Posts: 7,129
CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You don't know the route the TE was supposed to run, Gruden even said so. If he had sat on the route it would have been complete. This is my problem with fan criticism, you don't know enough to make informed criticisms.
I coach football, played QB and have a pretty good knowledge of what I am seeing. The end zone view showed the TE was running a wheel route and Shaw tried to throw back shoulder because was scared of over the top cb. He missed it badly which isn't uncommon for him to do. Just like Garcia struggled with those 1 step 10 yard fades. Shaw consistently misses big pass plays that would force the D to deepen and provide more running lanes and underneath passes. Watch Thompson and his deep ball is more consistent. Dylan missed some easy WR screens during Clemson but that hasn't been an every game thing for him, like Shaw's struggle with the deep pass.

Nothing kills an offense like missing those 3-4 open deep shots. The TD pass Dylan hit and the pass to Jones was the exact pass that Shaw missed early down the middle. He just doesn't have that touch. He has plenty of arm strength. Shaw can make any line drive throw where he can just let it rip and doesn't need touch. Dylan is more pure passer so not as big an issue for him.
__________________
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 875
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I'm wondering if we watched the same game. Connor actually dropped the ball at one point in the game. If Thompson had done that, it's all we would be reading. Both of them are going to make mistakes. Human beings do that.

The deal is, Connor has played injured all season. Why was his injury suddenly enough to take him out with 26 seconds on the clock? The answer is that Spurrier pulled him because Thompson was his best shot at winning the game at that point. Adam Yates had missed two field goals, so that option was gone. Remember that Shaw didn't go down and have people standing over him assessing his injury. He limped a little, but he was dancing around after the touchdown, looking fine. Shaw was also happy to come out and let Thompson throw that pass. He also knew that Thompson had a better shot at winning at that point and under those circumstances. The win goes in Shaw's column, though he was losing when he came out.

If Spurrier, Shaw, and Thompson were all okay with it, why are you arguing? Spurrier also said after the game that they would compete for the starting spot in the spring. He would not have said that if he was set on keeping Shaw as the starter.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #73
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name
 
COCKYTALKIN's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,102
CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Haven't gone back to watch the game again yet but i do know that both of the TD throws he threw he took pretty good hits and saw both of them coming and got rid of it before they could get to him
Not that it matters but he didn't get hit either time. Just watched both of those gems on ESPN3.

On the first pass he put so much of his body into the throw he almost fell over, and a defender did somewhat touch his back as he came by... but definitely did not hit him and had no chance of hitting him.

The second one didn't even appear as though anyone touched him.

Again, doesn't matter but it is what it is. They were both things of beauty IMO.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #74
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000
 
SC Sandlapper's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,001
CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

The argument has not ended, it is in fact the high octane fuel which will drive cockytalk discussions through the off-season.


Call it a good problem to have.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #75
TStone
Grammar Nazi
 
TStone's Avatar
 
Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,209
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Anyone who legitimately believes they can say one QB should start over the other is an idiot. We have two outstanding young men that the VAST majority of teams would be glad to have as their starter because of both their talent and their leadership. This isn't like years past where we have banged our heads against the wall arguing over who sucked LESS. We're blessed to be arguing over who is genuinely BETTER. They both rock. I'm proud to have them both. The game yesterday proved nothing other than the fact that they are both gamers and can win big for USC.
__________________
Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.
TStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #76
ra742002
Game MVP
 
ra742002's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,568
CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I coach football, played QB and have a pretty good knowledge of what I am seeing. The end zone view showed the TE was running a wheel route and Shaw tried to throw back shoulder because was scared of over the top cb. He missed it badly which isn't uncommon for him to do. Just like Garcia struggled with those 1 step 10 yard fades. Shaw consistently misses big pass plays that would force the D to deepen and provide more running lanes and underneath passes. Watch Thompson and his deep ball is more consistent. Dylan missed some easy WR screens during Clemson but that hasn't been an every game thing for him, like Shaw's struggle with the deep pass.

Nothing kills an offense like missing those 3-4 open deep shots. The TD pass Dylan hit and the pass to Jones was the exact pass that Shaw missed early down the middle. He just doesn't have that touch. He has plenty of arm strength. Shaw can make any line drive throw where he can just let it rip and doesn't need touch. Dylan is more pure passer so not as big an issue for him.
You don't throw a wheel route back shoulder.....EVER.. not sure what kind of football you coach or what level you played QB, but you throw the wheel route in front of the safety over the top and behind the squat/cover 2 corner, or you throw it out in front of the receiver and let him go get it in a 1 on 1 or cover 3 (which becomes one versus vertical push) situation.
__________________
FEAR THE SPUR



ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #77
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,049
CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I only saw more reason to argue about who should be QB. The Offense looked better with Thompson but the stats that Shaw put up were impressive.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #78
Lalli25
Household Name
 
Lalli25's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Centreville, Va
Posts: 7,129
CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
You don't throw a wheel route back shoulder.....EVER.. not sure what kind of football you coach or what level you played QB, but you throw the wheel route in front of the safety over the top and behind the squat/cover 2 corner, or you throw it out in front of the receiver and let him go get it in a 1 on 1 or cover 3 (which becomes one versus vertical push) situation.
No you are wrong. There was no one in the flats and he threw it into the hole that was there. Any route can be thrown back shoulder technically. Go watch the play and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. There was a cb or safety over the top. The flat defender had gone inside with the inside route leaving the numbers to sideline completely open. You don't just chuck the ball up high and deep on wheel routes unless you don't know football. Coverage dictates the hole and type of throw. So before you try attacking my knowledge, get to a clinic or something and learn what your talking about.
__________________
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #79
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 875
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I only saw more reason to argue about who should be QB. The Offense looked better with Thompson but the stats that Shaw put up were impressive.
Thompson played less than one quarter; Shaw played more than three. Multiply Thompson's stats by three to get a clearer picture.

Shaw: 18/26, 224, 8.6, 2
Thompson (X3): 21/30, 351, 11.7, 6

It's not perfect, I know, because no one knows for certain what would have happened, but it's fairer than saying one had better stats than the other. Both were right at 70% on completions, and there's no way to predict the yards per pass by doing this, so I left that stat the same.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #80
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post

Spurrier also said after the game that they would compete for the starting spot in the spring. He would not have said that if he was set on keeping Shaw as the starter.
me4usc, Spurrier has never been set on anyone being the starter a full season later. I can't think of ANY TIME in Spurrier's tenure that he has said on January 1st that "this guy or that guy is going to be the starter." Do you listen to Spurrier? If he was asked about it, I am absolutely CERTAIN that he said the exact same thing last season after the bowl game. He was asked the question and he answered it as he HAS ALWAYS answered that question going into the offseason.

Now, having said that, I absolutely agree that the competition will be wide open. It will be wide open JUST AS IT HAS BEEN EVERY OTHER SEASON. Do you remember Tommy Beecher starting a few years ago against NC State? Do you remember Connor Shaw starting two seasons ago over Garcia? Why did those happen? They happened because there was open competition JUST AS THERE IS EVERY YEAR.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development