CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
Ole Gregg
CockyCody
G&B
Regalcock
johnnyb
75CarolinaFan
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Spurrier: Davis May (6291)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1828)
an apology (1229)
First "Carolina (1100)
Our players and the (967)
Article on Shaw & (832)
Aggie looking forwar (813)
Cockaboose Owners (807)
JD & DJ Getting (807)
I'm thinking we're g (574)
I have not bought into ou
First "Carolina Call
texags
Connor Shaw Browns
Lattimore Tidbit
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Devonte Holloman Retiring
***2014 Carolina Panthers
and the #1 2014 acc must
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant

Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material
Default Just got back from Tampa...

Oh man, it was a great game.

I have a sunglasses shaped sunburn on my face and a bit of a hangover, but I have some great memories that will last a lifetime.

The stadium is great! When we drove up on it, it reminded me a lot of W-B with those lights, I was surprised when I read that its holds less than W-B.

All the fans we talked to, Gamecocks and Wolverines alike were great. I didn't see any problems, all the fans were great to each other.

This was my first ever bowl game.. I hope we get to go to many, many more!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Re: Just got back from Tampa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post

I have a sunglasses shaped sunburn on my face and a bit of a hangover, but I have some great memories that will last a lifetime.

The stadium is great! When we drove up on it, it reminded me a lot of W-B with those lights, I was surprised when I read that its holds less than W-B.

All the fans we talked to, Gamecocks and Wolverines alike were great. I didn't see any problems, all the fans were great to each other.

Yep, R-J is a great venue and most NFL stadiums don't seat as much as big college stadiums do. I think the old Metrodome in Minneapolis only seats like 65K. When I drove up on it I was shocked at how small the place was. Glad you had a great time!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Great game for your first bowl trip. Hope you make it to many more just as good.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I have fond memories of Holtz's squad with Brewer, Petty, Scott, Pinkney and Bodybag (best nickname EVER!) beating the OSU Nutz so bad they fired their coach. And, my tickets were in a sea of OSU fans who were very cool btw.

Glad you had fun gg. Plan early for next year!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Glad u enjoyed it hope y'all got to see the parade and enjoy some of the activities. We just arrived home. Long drive but good seeing all the smiling Gamecock fans.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:

We had a view of the stadium from our hotel room and it reminded me of Williams Brice also. However I think Williams Brice needs to add the tiki bars and a pirate ship! That was way cool.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
BCWriter
Syvelle's Biggest Fan

Male

BCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spursBCWriter has earned his spurs

Best moment of the bowl? Meeting Darius Rucker walking to his Taxi afterward. #starstruck
BCWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

For me, other than the game, went to Frenchy's at Clearwater Beach. Their speciality is a grouper sandwich......it was absolutely fantastic.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
Glad u enjoyed it hope y'all got to see the parade and enjoy some of the activities. We just arrived home. Long drive but good seeing all the smiling Gamecock fans.

Yeah, we got to see the parade.. It was nice and I got lotsa beads.. I know I shouldn't have laughed but there was a kid I guess about 7-9 years old on his parents shoulders, and he got hit in the face with one necklace. He was fine, he cried for a few minutes but he was OK. I felt bad for the kid but it was a little funny.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Glad you had a great time. Looked great on ESPN!!

How was the crowd? As in, were there more Michigan or South carolina? Just wondering.

Again, glad you had a great time!! and what better first bowl game?!
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #11
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Yep, R-J is a great venue and most NFL stadiums don't seat as much as big college stadiums do. I think the old Metrodome in Minneapolis only seats like 65K. When I drove up on it I was shocked at how small the place was. Glad you had a great time!
the reason you see the big difference in seating capacity in college vs the NFL is bleachers in college stadiums vs actual seats in the NFL
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #12
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:

I went years ago and has a blast , the escalator is what got me it was so high , but I made it through it !!!

Last edited by MEGA; 01-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.
MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

How was the crowd? As in, were there more Michigan or South carolina? Just wondering.

It looked absolutely even to me. That is also the impression most others had.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

In the lower bowl it was certainly even. Not sure of the upper decks b/c I couldn't see our side of the upper deck from the lower level

Didn't really see any incidents other than one drunk Michigan fan that was kicked out of section 114. He was an early 20s drunk moron. Michigan fans were kind of wine & cheese IMO. Certainly a different group of fans than the annoying Ohio State fans & the passionate Iowa fans
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
In the lower bowl it was certainly even. Not sure of the upper decks b/c I couldn't see our side of the upper deck from the lower level

Didn't really see any incidents other than one drunk Michigan fan that was kicked out of section 114. He was an early 20s drunk moron. Michigan fans were kind of wine & cheese IMO. Certainly a different group of fans than the annoying Ohio State fans & the passionate Iowa fans
I wonder if that fan's father is a lawyer?
FurmanCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
I wonder if that fan's father is a lawyer?
Section 114 in Tampa = Section 506 in Cola.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Glad to hear you had a great time.
Outback Bowl is one I have to get to.
Tampa Bay fan and I love the city.

Sounds like both fanbases got along...sounds much better than the Chik-fil-A Bowl and the fight I got into with some Nole fans when Marcus got hurt (can't be laughing at a kid get hurt).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #18
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Glad to hear you had a great time.
Outback Bowl is one I have to get to.
Tampa Bay fan and I love the city.

Sounds like both fanbases got along...sounds much better than the Chik-fil-A Bowl and the fight I got into with some Nole fans when Marcus got hurt (can't be laughing at a kid get hurt).
One reason why I can't stand FSU
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #19
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
It looked absolutely even to me. That is also the impression most others had.
I agree!
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Celebrating to Sandstorm and a couple of pics after the game.

lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote