CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb
Default I actually met the head ref and one other official

I stayed at the Double Tree in Tampa near the causeway. The night before the game I went downstairs to watch the Clem-Tech game to be around other gamecock fans. I took a spot at the bar and talked with several gamecock fans and a few Michigan fans. After a while, a couple of gamecock fans beside me left and shortly there after, two men occupied their spots (not wearing any sport team apparel). They were very friendly and we started talking about the game (our game). They talked about the game from a match up/tendency stand-point. I could tell they were not from the South so I finally asked them if they were Michigan Fan's. That's when they informed me they would be part of the officiating crew for tomorrows game. I asked who was who and the younger guy said he was the head ref (the guy who ultimately would make one of the worst calls in college football ever). We talked about the game a little more. I tried to buy them a drink but they kindly refused (They were at the bar to get a pot of coffee to take out to the pool). I warned them that Clowney has been assaulted and held in every game this year and it would greatly be appreciated if they would watch for that. The head ref says to me "now what number is he?" I said No. 7 - big kid. Anyway they left pretty quick (long enough to get their pot of coffee brewed - about 5 minutes). Both of them were really nice. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool to to meet them - especially now...
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: I actually met the head ref and one other official

They probably ran into Michigan fan who offered a large some of money as opposed to a drink. I know it doesnt matter much now, but we really got hosed on that one.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

insert the ref's under your dog avatar..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
I stayed at the Double Tree in Tampa near the causeway. The night before the game I went downstairs to watch the Clem-Tech game to be around other gamecock fans. I took a spot at the bar and talked with several gamecock fans and a few Michigan fans. After a while, a couple of gamecock fans beside me left and shortly there after, two men occupied their spots (not wearing any sport team apparel). They were very friendly and we started talking about the game (our game). They talked about the game from a match up/tendency stand-point. I could tell they were not from the South so I finally asked them if they were Michigan Fan's. That's when they informed me they would be part of the officiating crew for tomorrows game. I asked who was who and the younger guy said he was the head ref (the guy who ultimately would make one of the worst calls in college football ever). We talked about the game a little more. I tried to buy them a drink but they kindly refused (They were at the bar to get a pot of coffee to take out to the pool). I warned them that Clowney has been assaulted and held in every game this year and it would greatly be appreciated if they would watch for that. The head ref says to me "now what number is he?" I said No. 7 - big kid. Anyway they left pretty quick (long enough to get their pot of coffee brewed - about 5 minutes). Both of them were really nice. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool to to meet them - especially now...
They had to get outside quick to place thier bet on the game.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Dumb and dumber. What were their names?
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

"What number is he?" Please, he knew what number he was. douchebag.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Should have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

maybe they would have got the call right.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I did not ask their names but I have seen the head ref's name was Jeff something....
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
I did not ask their names but I have seen the head ref's name was Jeff something....

Think it was Jeff Ray Charles!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Did he leave his glasses at the bar?
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Simpleville Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Simpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervousSimpleville Gamecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Did he leave his glasses at the bar?
Or service animal?
Simpleville Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

He spilled coffee all over his shirt and pants because he kept thinking the cup was to his lips when really it was two inches away.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #13
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Harry and Lloyd

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Harry and Lloyd
Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother, Darryl, and my other brother, Darryl.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #15
btwint
Recruit

Male

btwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPit

You sure they didn't mean they were waitig for their "pot and coffee?"

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
btwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Are you telling the whole truth about them refusing a drink?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I knew when they had to flip the coin twice even though DJ made the call, it was going to be a bad game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #18
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

i thought you met someone important lol

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 100500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
He spilled coffee all over his shirt and pants because he kept thinking the cup was to his lips when really it was two inches away.
Points for making me do a spit-take at work!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

It's a shame that you didn't meet them after the game...I can just imagine what any one of us would have said to them.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote