CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Acockolypse Now
cockycrazy2001
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
Vote for Browns star (3046)
texags (2553)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2219)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1807)
Preparing for the sm (1436)
Connor Shaw intervie (876)
Gameday Garnet Polo (717)
Aggie Statistics (688)
Clowney (688)
They are coming to y (488)
Aggie Statistics
They are coming to your c
What would be your defini
texags
Vote for Browns starting
QB Kenny Hill named start
Gameday Garnet Polo
Preparing for the smash r
Clowney
Connor Shaw interviewed a

Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Sidney Rhodes returned our last kickoff??

Did anyone else think it was odd to see the guy that returned the last kickoff for us yesterday when the game was on the line? That was a pretty damn important kickoff and it was just surprising to see him back deep and returning it.

Did he return other kickoffs this year? Maybe I just missed it.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sidney Rhodes returned our last kickoff??

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport..._sidney00.html

2011: Enrolled at South Carolina but did not play football.2010: Attended Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, N.C... participated in both football and track & field... walk-on who earned a spot as the kick returner for the Catamounts, earning Freshman All-SoCon honors as a returner... returned 16 kicks for 336 yards, a 21.0 yard average, with a long of 41 yards against Appalachian State... caught four passes for 22 yards and rushed six times for 52 yards.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Yeah, I just looked it up and edited my first post. I still think it is interesting that he was back there for such an important kickoff unless he returned a bunch of them this year and I just missed it.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Yeah, I just looked it up and edited my first post. I still think it is interesting th that he was back there for such an important kickoff unless he returned a bunch of them this year and I just missed it.
I agree. I was like who is that? We know who, but not the why. Guess the coaches have confidence in him or he wouldn't have been out there.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

im pretty sure he was one of the blockers, not to receive the kick. He got it because Michigan chose not to kick it to Bruce
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
I agree. I was like who is that? We know who, but not the why. Guess the coaches have confidence in him or he wouldn't have been out there.
yeah, the coaches always know best. They certainly know a lot more than I do. But I was just curious as to if anyone knew more about it since it was kind of out of nowhere and it was a pretty important kickoff.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who was the player that returned our last kickoff??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Did anyone else think it was odd to see the guy that returned the last kickoff for us yesterday when the game was on the line? To be honest, I can't even remember his name now.

Who was the guy? I consider myself to be someone who follows our team pretty closely and I usually at least know the players on our team, who is red-shirting, etc. But I honestly had never heard this guys name before in my life. And yet, he was in as a deep returner in one of the most important kickoffs in Spurrier's tenure.

What am I missing here?
Sidney Rhodes a back up cornerback.

He played in at least 4 games this year at CB and on special teams.

He is a pretty fast guy and tried to walk on as a WR this year.

Before that he played for the Catamounts and returned kicks for them.

He earned Freshman All-SoCon honors as a returner in 2010.

Probably a 4.4 guy
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
im pretty sure he was one of the blockers, not to receive the kick. He got it because Michigan chose not to kick it to Bruce
Maybe I am wrong. I would have to go back and watch it, but I am pretty sure he was back deep with Bruce. I think they were both deep. If I am wrong, then that would certainly answer my question, but I think they were both back deep as returners.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I was thinking the same thing CofC.

That's another play I want to see again if they replay the game on TV. I think he was an up-back at the level just before the deep backs.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

That was pretty cool to see because I went to school with him. Not many athletes go to big schools out of Wren.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
Carolina Cocks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina Cocks is learning to peckCarolina Cocks is learning to peck

He started on kickoffs and punts all year... Had a big block in aces punt return
Carolina Cocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #12
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Watch the film. Dude can ball. He is always mixing it up and blocks like he weighs 220. I had fun watching him all year. Very aggressive!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #13
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post

Bingo!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Yea he was the upman on that play I am pretty sure.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Yeah, I went back and watched it and he was the upman. I just missed that because he dropped back to the 8 yard line to catch the kickoff.