CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
kingofnerf
GarnetSwarm1990
Fight, win, kick a-- (1163)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (935)
The Gator Bowl wants (906)
CFN prediction for a (885)
Why I'm hopeful abou (844)
USC will upset Aubur (748)
A simple defensive l (712)
What happened to thi (665)
Ranking Top HC jobs (481)
In-state QB talent (471)
Thoughts on the basketbal
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #81
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: David Johnson Thread (2013 Commitment)

i bet he starts off at end with the speed he has
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #82
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
i bet he starts off at end with the speed he has
probably start in the Norwood type role DE/WLB

Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #83
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

he reminds me alot of norwood. especially the motor
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #84
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

A few on here think he starts out at LB, then move to the DL next year or so.
At 260, somebody must think he can run or he wouldn't be getting this look in the all star game. If this kid can play, he would be an absolute run stopper, and I wouldn't want to be running any short crossing routes either.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #85
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Is David's speed comparable to Norwood or Brinkley.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #86
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Is David's speed comparable to Norwood or Brinkley.
Being brought in as a MLB. Is about 250 lbs and supposedly runs in the 4.7 range. Compares favorably to Brinkley to me. HS Coach says he has a non stop motor.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #87
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

I've heard they definitely plan to start him at MLB. He's quick and explosive, and does run similar to Brinkley. One of the underrated prospects, out of a few, in this class.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #88
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
One of USC's longest standing commitments is DE David Johnson of Lithonia, GA. He pledged to the Gamecocks in May and has held firm. He made his official visit to USC last weekend and will take an official visit to Vanderbilt this weekend. "It's the excitement of being able to go," said Lithonia assistant coach Lloyd Morrison. "With him committing so early, he alienated himself from the entire process. He asked if he could do Vandy. They are going to do what every school will do, but he's solid with what he's going to do. David has been a commitment in his mind and heart to South Carolina since the 11th grade. South Carolina was in on him early and they've never wavered. Coach Spurrier and coach Ward told him he's got to be ready to go as a true freshman." Johnson's mother will go on the trip with him along with Morrison and head coach Marcus Jelks.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...789/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #89
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Soooo Franklin gets to pitch to mom, head coach, and I'm guessing position coach?

Thats worrisome.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #90
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

yikes
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #91
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Franklin would LOVE to steal this guy from USC
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #92
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Agreed^

The end of this recruiting season will either be amazing or a big disappointment.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Yep especially because we probably made his head explode over Diggs and Moody.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #94
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Agreed^

The end of this recruiting season will either be amazing or a big disappointment.
I would settle for a nice, quiet ending. No big deflections..a couple more nice pickups...and strap em up for 2014
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #95
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Soooo Franklin gets to pitch to mom, head coach, and I'm guessing position coach?

Thats worrisome.
Does the school pay for all them to go on the OV, or just the recruit and family/parents.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #96
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I believe its the recruit and one family member

Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #97
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i gotta say all is fair in recruiting and turnabout is fairplay. i am a big fan of it though, i am a big fan of it turning in our direction.

Vandy winning 9 games was huge for them. they have good program going on and they will be a threat from here on out.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #98
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I believe its the recruit and one family member
So the two coaches are paying their own way. I have a problem with high school coaches going on these trips with the recruits. If I'm a player on the high school team and the coach has gone on a couple of these other other kids but not me, I'm not happy about that.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #99
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
So the two coaches are paying their own way. I have a problem with high school coaches going on these trips with the recruits. If I'm a player on the high school team and the coach has gone on a couple of these other other kids but not me, I'm not happy about that.
Our staff will have the opportunity to firm this up..i am sure the private plane has lithonia ga on its itinerary now.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #100
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

"David has been a commitment in his mind and heart to South Carolina since the 11th grade. South Carolina was in on him early and they've never wavered."

No worries here IMO