CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Rebel4ever
Spurrier_Superior_On
NinjaSven
usc90grad
BlueEagles06
AtlGAMECOCK
eatlighting
cockybusiness2
Team Garcia
Carolina-Beez
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (3621)
Gameday in Columbia (1402)
ECU is a good team (907)
Alabama vs Florida. (855)
Stadium improvement (806)
Lammons out (764)
Why we'll dominate C (746)
UGA is running over (472)
Where to Watch the G (439)
Mizzou-Hoosiers (412)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Watch Online?
Why we'll dominate Clemso
Mizzou-Hoosiers
ECU is a good team
Gameday in Columbia
Why is hope solo still pl
Alabama vs Florida.
Places to watch Carolina
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLINA @ E

Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material
Default Allow Me To Play Devil's Advocate

After yesterday, it would make more sense for Jadeveon Clowney to sit out a year and then declare for the draft in 2014. His draft status, after yesterday, cannot be improved upon so how would it behoove him to play his Junior season. The only way he can go now is down. DON"T GET ME WRONG, THIS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL!!! But the facts are the facts-Clowney's draft status cannot go any higher and IMO he puts too much on the line by playing his Junior season. He would be better off getting with one of these pro training outfits, take 2013 off and declare for the draft in 2014. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN, it just makes sense for Clowney IMO. If I were in his shoes, that is what I would do.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb
Default Re: Allow Me To Play Devil's Advocate

What if he gets hit by a bus?

My point is you never know what will happen. Live your life. Buy insurance.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
DustbunnyCock
Walk On

DustbunnyCock has hatched from the shell

I disagree, sitting out a year when you are entering your prime could also hurt you. NFL teams have short memories and they go with the best this year not last year.

Besides I believe he can make a lot of improvement like playing more downs, getting off blocks, splitting double teams and the best way to do that is by playing live SEC football.
DustbunnyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
After yesterday, it would make more sense for Jadeveon Clowney to sit out a year and then declare for the draft in 2014. His draft status, after yesterday, cannot be improved upon so how would it behoove him to play his Junior season. The only way he can go now is down. DON"T GET ME WRONG, THIS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL!!! But the facts are the facts-Clowney's draft status cannot go any higher and IMO he puts too much on the line by playing his Junior season. He would be better off getting with one of these pro training outfits, take 2013 off and declare for the draft in 2014. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN, it just makes sense for Clowney IMO. If I were in his shoes, that is what I would do.

Wouldn't that send the message to the pro scouts that Clowney is afraid of playing?

Sure, he could get hurt But teams are not looking for a softy to play DE. I would think they would want someone that you can't keep off the field.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

/thread fail
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

He isn't sitting out.....period.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
MarkfromLA
Walk On

Male

MarkfromLA has hatched from the shell

Clowney is a football player..not a spectator...get real
MarkfromLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Apparently nobody thinks that the NFL doesn't look at their junior/senior season. Well they do and that's the only reason why Ingram's stock grew so high his senior season. It makes no sense for Clowney to sit out a year and I'm willing to bet Ingram has already told him that.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Has ANY player EVER done this?
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

it would be a horrible idea to sit out a year....you can stay in shape all you want but its not Football shape....just look at Mike Williams (former SoCal WR) and what a year off did to him
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #13
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

He might be battling this Louisville QB Bridgewater for the top spot.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

um - no
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
He played against an NFL first rounder and only had 4 tackles. He's still got alot of work to do. And you cant get that work by sitting out. You only get better on the field.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
Fish Tacos
Recruit

Male

Fish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talons

i disagree about his stock not being able to grow higher. football nowadays is a media circus. being the #1 draft pick isn't the pinnacle. in addition to achieving that prestigious feat, now there is also commercials, sponsorships, etc. you can almost start your own brand as a rookie.

i'm not saying that that is good or bad, but there's certainly more to acheve then just being #1 pick as crazy as that sounds
Fish Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I just don't get why everyone that touts this line of thinking believes JC cannot improve next year. Fact: we ALL can improve everyday of our life! He may be able to defeat most tackles he faces but he did struggle against some of them this year. He needs to let Lawing and Whammy get him right in body and mind, increase his football IQ and turn him loose on the tarholes!! He is still growing and maturing so he needs to play to get better. Then we will see the real potential of this man... From a safe distance!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

You could never draft him if he sat out. He would always be a me first guy. Whats next he asks to sit out nfl games when it doesnt benefit him. A team would draft him but they would always have to cave to this sort of demand. Horrible idea
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Sit out a year? Where do you get this nonsense from? Please name a top tier player who ever sat out a year of college to hold his draft status?
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #20
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I just don't get why everyone that touts this line of thinking believes JC cannot improve next year. Fact: we ALL can improve everyday of our life! He may be able to defeat most tackles he faces but he did struggle against some of them this year. He needs to let Lawing and Whammy get him right in body and mind, increase his football IQ and turn him loose on the tarholes!! He is still growing and maturing so he needs to play to get better. Then we will see the real potential of this man... From a safe distance!

Even Lebron worked on his hook shot inthe offseason. I just hope JD has the desire to improve and doesnt put it in cruise control both in the weight room and in the class room. Did any one hear Whammy in one of his recent interviews say Clowney put on a lil weight between Clemson game and bowl game.?