CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
Larenz Bryant update (1592)
Joeckel Transfering (909)
Victor Hampton Arres (675)
UK's Whitlow to tran (652)
2016 - Greg Little (612)
response from charte (460)
What type of snake i (441)
Wu Tang affiliated r (383)
13 Vintage Internet (233)
Attendance next seas (172)
2015 - Clelin Ferrell
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
2015 Commitment - Shameik
A'ja Wilson
2016 - Greg Little
Playstation 4
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Attendance next season
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #41
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: OB Bloomin' Onion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Chili cheese fries are worse
That's strange because Outback does not carry chili cheese fries. They do carry cheese fries aka a colossal portion of fries smothered in monterey jack, cheddar cheese, and bacon bits and served with a side of spicy ranch dressing. This one is also extremely unhealthy, but it is very comparable to Bloomin' Onion. They are both off the charts unhealthy for you.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #42
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
How is it a scam? If they didn't sit together, then they technically were separate parties. It's really no different than if my wife and I had gone to Outback today and taken advantage of the offer, because we weren't able to spend the day together, so why is it a scam just because he and his wife were able to ride to the restaurant together?
Let me rephrase. It's in very poor taste. Outback does things like this though. One of the reasons that I quit.

I said "basically scammed" because it isn't really illegal or a true scam... it is, however, taking advantage of the offer in a way that is intentionally deceptive and dishonest for you to pretend like you are not with someone so that you can get an extra free onion, when they are already a large item and you are getting one for free. As a former server, I just believe there is a certain mode of behavior and class that should be exhibited when going out to eat at a sit-down restaurant. You may disagree.

Frankly, I would never feel comfortable going to a restaurant just to get a free item to begin with... not because I don't believe in taking advantage of the offer, but I would feel the need to buy additional food items and/or leave an extra large tip to compensate for taking up a server's table to eat free food. It would basically defeat the purpose of getting the free item.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #43
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
FTR- I did not get a Blooming Onion today.
Me neither
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #44
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Let me rephrase. It's in very poor taste. Outback does things like this though. One of the reasons that I quit.
LOL...well the issue of doing things in poor taste is another issue, but I just couldn't agree with the way a few folks kept saying they scammed a free onion.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #45
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:

I said "basically scammed" because it isn't really illegal or a true scam... it is, however, taking advantage of the offer in a way that is intentionally deceptive and dishonest for you to pretend like you are not with someone so that you can get an extra free onion, when they are already a large item and you are getting one for free. As a former server, I just believe there is a certain mode of behavior and class that should be exhibited when going out to eat at a sit-down restaurant. You may disagree.
You are right, though- those who go great lengths for something free typically do not tip well. As a former server and bartender, it will make you think much less of people in general.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #46
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Two hour wait at the Charleston Outback. I passed.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #47
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
You are right, though- those who go great lengths for something free typically do not tip well. As a former server and bartender, it will make you think much less of people in general.
It is very difficult to not lose faith in humanity...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #48
Gamecocks4Life86
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudly

thank God i live in Jacksonville NC! i went to Outback and there were a ton of tables open :)
Gamecocks4Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #49
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 94940
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
It is very difficult to not lose faith in humanity...
I worked in the business for 20 years and I can tell you there is almost no better indicator of the character of a person than the way they behave in a restaurant.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #50
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

passed at the outback in murells inlet tonight. hour and a half wait
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #51
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

I don't eat anything fried, but I wouldn't think eating a sensible portion of a blooming onion would be any different than eating an order of French fries, which the majority of people on this board probably do twice a week...
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #52
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagz View Post
I don't eat anything fried, but I wouldn't think eating a sensible portion of a blooming onion would be any different than eating an order of French fries, which the majority of people on this board probably do twice a week...
This is America- we don't do sensible portions...

And as witnessed by previous posters, people are eating entire Bloomin' Onions to the face lol...

It would take a table of like 6+ for the patrons to be eating a sensible portion... the onions are usually pretty large. Unless, they take it home... which is super gross as they are not good reheated.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #53
Gamecocks4Life86
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudly

Quote:
This is America- we don't do sensible portions...

And as witnessed by previous posters, people are eating entire Bloomin' Onions to the face lol...

It would take a table of like 6+ for the patrons to be eating a sensible portion... the onions are usually pretty large. Unless, they take it home... which is super gross as they are not good reheated.
as good as they are, i dunno how someone could eat a whole bloomin onion! i dont feel so good after eating a little bit of it! its so damn greasy
Gamecocks4Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #54
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
You all realize that crap is like the most unhealthy thing ever, right? Its over a days worth of fat, sodium and about 2000 calories. The amount of saturated fat will practically kill you. Obesity and overweight are destroying this country. Who cares if it is free, you will pay for it more than you want to think in the future.
Man! What a buzz-killer!

I guess your next post you will tell me you want to "prevent me" from eating my onion! LOL

Maybe the Cockpit Forum on a day they are Giving away free onions to honor my Team is not the best time to offer culinary advice........
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #55
heathbates
Game MVP

Male

heathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervous

i know of a few families from Barnwell that went to two different Outbacks today and still went home...unbelievable. I drove by the Aiken Outback around 6 and was AMAZED....granted I am in Aiken...

heathbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #56
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

FYI, if you went to the game...your ticket stub is worth a free Bloomin' Onion on ANY DAY.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #57
heathbates
Game MVP

Male

heathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervous

Cola did you see pics of your lil bro and Freds lil bro on the trolley.... Classic

Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #58
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathbates View Post
Cola did you see pics of your lil bro and Freds lil bro on the trolley.... Classic
haha yeah I was with them- there was some idiot Michigan fan on the trolley trying to tell us that they weren't in the Big 10.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #59
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Is Rush's honoring the tickets this go-round?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #60
heathbates
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
haha yeah I was with them- there was some idiot Michigan fan on the trolley trying to tell us that they weren't in the Big 10.
thats what Lil Pat said...good job staying out of the shot!!! lol Fred told me he won the contest at the bar...Lindsay has video of the whole thing cannot wait to watch