CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Kyle76
b381l
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
The Demise of the 3- (2356)
East Carolina Predic (1591)
Why didn't Wes Green (1285)
A&M on 3rd down (650)
You guys are horribl (614)
Finally Cooled Off (541)
Did we ever go after (517)
louisville (489)
It's the offenses no (408)
Watching the Georgia (235)
whats up with Mike?
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
Recruiting Question
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Uniform thread
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Amonte Caban
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play

Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
braddydee
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
braddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his claws
Default Re: What will be our final ranking?

no less than 7th

"So, when we come out of Atlanta huggin' and high 5'n... that's when you'll know we've hit the promised land!" -Coach Spurrier
braddydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

8th in the final ap poll.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

right now we'd be 10th in the ap and 9th in the coaches. if florida loses bad to louisville i guess its possible we jump them, but i think its more likely if they lose that georgia jumps them and they stay ahead of us. the problem with the ou/a&m matchup is if a&m loses oklahoma may leapfrog us. by all rights we should jump the oregon/kansas st loser.

id guess 8th in the coaches, 9th in the ap.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #24
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I think you will see:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. Notre Dame (because I think the Irish lose by 14+)
5. Stanford
6. Georgia
7. Texas A&M (pending a win over Oklahoma)
8. South Carolina
9. Clemson
10. FSU

Not so fast. Florida is now down by two touchdowns.
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

7-9. I say 8.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #26
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

No better than 8th. No worse than 9th.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #27
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Hey guys. I think we will finish 8th in the final AP. FL is losing (pending loss hopefully), LSU lost and Oregon/KSU loser will have at least 3 losses by top 10 teams. Hopefully A&M will lose to OK. I am hoping for 7th. Maybe no better than 8th even with a FL loss since we got spanked by them. We should be ranked top 8 in the 2013 preseason poll.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.

Last edited by MDCox; 01-03-2013 at 01:11 AM.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #28
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Im sticking to 6 or 7 an this is riding on Florida
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

7th
Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #30
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
Not so fast. Florida is now down by two touchdowns.
Yeah, they are shitting the bed...wasn't expecting that.

Either way, I wonder if they fall far enough to help us?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #31
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Yeah, they are shitting the bed...wasn't expecting that.

Either way, I wonder if they fall far enough to help us?

They lose tonight they will fall far, and right now, it looks like they will fall far.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #32
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think we jump Florida just because of how bad they looked last night. Didn't look like they had a pulse at all.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Any chance to get to 5? We'd have to jump LSU, Fla,. a&m, Oregon or Kstate. Seems to me Ga might be higher which helps us.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #34
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

With the way teams have managed to jump us after big wins, or what appeared to be big wins in some cases, I'm actually concerned Clemson and Louisville might get bumped up beyond us. If that were to happen with Louisville, I think we could cry foul because of how much they would have to move, but it's not out of the question for it to happen to Clemson.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #35
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The AP hates us.
I think we end up 8 or 9. And in spite of what we think we will probably get jumped by at least one team.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #36
braddydee
Recruit

Male

braddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his claws

Making headlines in the top 2 ESPN's top 10 highlights January 1, 3 of the ESPN's Bowl Season highlights, not to mention all the talk on PTI, Around the Horn, NBC Sports Network, every on/offline newspaper outfit (many within minutes of Clowney's hit), will GET A LOT OF ATTENTION! I think some high schoolers might re-think some of their commitments with all the media attention on little ole Columbia.

With LSU and UF out, now for sure top 8. There isn't really any "upset's" looming, but I'd say if there is a "blowout", we'd surely move higher.

"So, when we come out of Atlanta huggin' and high 5'n... that's when you'll know we've hit the promised land!" -Coach Spurrier
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #37
braddydee
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
The AP hates us.
I think we end up 8 or 9. And in spite of what we think we will probably get jumped by at least one team.
You are entitled to your opinion and I appreciate that.

But, I dont think anyone "hates" Carolina. That's the old negative thinking that we've carried for decades. After UGA 2012, I think the squad went to number 2 right? I dont think thats "hate."

Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #38
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

7 or 8 AP

6 or 7 Coaches

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #39
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Best Case-7
Worst Case-10

Most likely, 9.
Now most likely 8, after the UF loss.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #40
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

7th
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote