CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
JDJones
SanAntonioCock
WeStillOwnUSC
aftertwobowls
Cockhornleghorn
Cockypantherfan
Ahmad
rabid cock
ESPNís Marisa Martin (1757)
**USC Women vs. Clem (1424)
2014 Charleston Clas (1299)
Fan bias toward a sp (1020)
Sidney Rice is havin (915)
10 years since " (893)
RG3 - Struggles Not (785)
Family, Faith, and G (727)
Have a problem and h (551)
The Official How Do (228)
2014 Charleston Classic *
Braxton Miller
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
Why the hesitance to put
Previewing Cornell
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
10 years since "the

Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #181
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit
Default Re: SUGAR BOWL Louisville/UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Ok so what sec school were you speaking of. He got a big contract offer from a historically significant school with a lot of money and a huge stadium, and he said no. He is staying unless someone like LSU comes calling.
Arkansas wanted him too. UT will be a mess until they can find new recruiting ground. Charlie will do well in the ACC, and then four years from now will have opportunities at places like UF, and possibly USC.

I think Muschamp will go the way of Zook.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #182
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInSeattle View Post
Arkansas wanted him too. UT will be a mess until they can find new recruiting ground. Charlie will do well in the ACC, and then four years from now will have opportunities at places like UF, and possibly USC.

I think Muschamp will go the way of Zook.

Every source I have, and they are plentyful, tells me that Strong would rather coach at South Carolina than any school in the SEC. And yes my source may include the man himself.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #183
Carolina22
Recruit

Male

Carolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming in

I still done see how gamecock fans can pull for other SEC teams in bowl games (with the exception of LSU this year cause they played Klempsun) because when they win it makes things harder for us in terms of recruiting. I don't see any high school player saying, "Bama (or sec school) won the national title! Hey, I want to go to Carolina!" The logic just isn't there. Regardless if the SEC goes winless in bowl games or SEC team wins the national title, the SEC is still the best conference in the country. We don't need a team from our conference to win the national title to prove that. I cannot bring myself to pull for other SEC schools because I don't get any satisfaction of saying, "Hey well we lost to so and so..." Either way, SEC is strongest conference and I think its about time we start saying that we beat all the other SEC teams. Go Cocks
Carolina22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #184
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
As much as I like Tanneyhill.. he is unproven. IF HBC retired today.. Charlie Strong is my first choice
Whoops I meant OC for Tanneyhill, Strong as HC. Autocorrect stinks.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #185
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina22 View Post
I still done see how gamecock fans can pull for other SEC teams in bowl games (with the exception of LSU this year cause they played Klempsun) because when they win it makes things harder for us in terms of recruiting. I don't see any high school player saying, "Bama (or sec school) won the national title! Hey, I want to go to Carolina!" The logic just isn't there. Regardless if the SEC goes winless in bowl games or SEC team wins the national title, the SEC is still the best conference in the country. We don't need a team from our conference to win the national title to prove that. I cannot bring myself to pull for other SEC schools because I don't get any satisfaction of saying, "Hey well we lost to so and so..." Either way, SEC is strongest conference and I think its about time we start saying that we beat all the other SEC teams. Go Cocks
I see your point, but this year it doesn't matter. Clowney's hit has basically sealed some good recruits for us. Yes, a hit is possible, and a hit can signal a commit.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #186
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Quote:
Every source I have, and they are plentyful, tells me that Strong would rather coach at South Carolina than any school in the SEC. And yes my source may include the man himself.
I probably don't have sources like yours, but I have a similar leaning.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #187
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Florida just lost, we move up in the polls.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #188
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not sure why he left us to go and stay at UF, if that's the case. Same position, same money. He could have remained our DC and even interviewed again after the Zook stuff if I recall. But I don't have sources, just going on what I know.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #189
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Not sure why he left us to go and stay at UF, if that's the case. Same position, same money. He could have remained our DC and even interviewed again after the Zook stuff if I recall. But I don't have sources, just going on what I know.

Your right, but no man can hardly turn down a stepping stone into a head coaching job. It is what happened. Don't worry.

He will be back.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #190
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina22 View Post
Its a fine line to walk. On one hand, a rising tide lifts all boats = what's good for the sec is good for us. There is a tipping point, though, where guys we compete with for recruits do better than us. Alabama or LSU isn't as bad as Ga or Fla, in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #191
Cock Deisel
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cock Deisel has hatched from the shell

Well said Carolina22 my thoughts exactly. If it aint about USC winning then the rest of the SEC can go suck monkey balls.
Cock Deisel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #192
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

I think teddy bridgewater deserves some props too
Old 01-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #193
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Florida just lost, we move up in the polls.

ironic isn't it?....in the final poll we will probably finish ahead of the only 2 teams that beat us this year.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #194
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

That was some piss poor OL play by Florida. No effort at all.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #195
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He left us because he believed he would get more exposure with Florida, and in fact he did as they won a couple of national championships with him.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #196
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Tonight you saw the real UF team. No way they beat us if we dont give them 21 points. Man thats frustrating. Team is nowhere close to #3 in the country.

Got A&M early, beat LSU when they played terrible (sans CFAB), and were given the game by USC. Very lucky to be where they were. Remember the Mizzu game?
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #197
upstatescw
Jorts extraordinaire

Male

upstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCooper View Post
Tonight you saw the real UF team. No way they beat us if we dont give them 21 points. Man thats frustrating. Team is nowhere close to #3 in the country.

Got A&M early, beat LSU when they played terrible (sans CFAB), and were given the game by USC. Very lucky to be where they were. Remember the Mizzu game?
The UF USC game started out 0-0 like most other games. Luck doesn't go 11-2 against the #3 schedule, just like Carolina isn't lucky to be the same against the #9 schedule.
upstatescw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #198
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatescw View Post
The UF USC game started out 0-0 like most other games. Luck doesn't go 11-2 against the #3 schedule, just like Carolina isn't lucky to be the same against the #9 schedule.
If LSU plays like they did against us they beat UF, if UF plays Manziel and company later, AM wins. Its not about luck, but even though their schedule was tough, they did get a lot of breaks.

And we gave them 21. If you dont think that affected the outcome, you dont know football. They couldnt move the football on us when the game mattered.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #199
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 599360
mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

The only thing that pisses me off is now I have have to put up with all of the other conference fans (mostly ACC/Big 10) who are using this one loss to try and fully disprove the SEC is the best conference, hands down, in the country. Oh well...nothing like a little penis envy.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #200
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Really? very lame, come on...