CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
jellafever
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Chances we win out now?
Tennessee - South Carolin
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
We're going to the NCAA T
This season and recruitin
Halo: Master Chief Collec
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Little know stat (Week 10

Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Yeah, he can't catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn View Post
Nick's would've been a circus catch, a real tough one. Byrd just needs a lot more work if he wants to start, imo. Liked seeing Shaq catch that one Connor threw out of bounds....would've been an easy TD.
I have to give Nick credit where credit is due. He improved tremendously between clemson and the bowl game.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Before Spurrier that was rightfully so an the right thing to do lol
for over 100 years?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Was it Byrd or Jones that had the ball bounce off the top of his helmet?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I just want to see Byrd get hit in stride. Once. And not when the defender falls down and leaves him wide open.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

When Nick Jones caught the route across the middle, I thought it was Byrd at first. I was still confused on the numbers at that point. So I thought Byrd had just caught it and I was 100% sure that was a TD.

So with the assumption that I was making that it was Byrd, I am sure you can imagine what was going through my mind when the defender caught him. I was like, what the hell?? I was wondering if Usain Bolt was a freaking defensive back for Michigan.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #26
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Talk about Knee-Jerk.

One catch doesn't prove anything, one drop doesn't prove anything.

Damiere Byrd is an explosive, big play potenetial receiver. He is not a sure-handed receiver..... despite what this one play shows.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #27
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Isn't there a way to find out how many passes were thrown to each receiver and how many were caught? I think TStone had a little chart posted earlier this season. Of course I mean the number of passes and receptions over the course of the season, not just the bowl game.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!

Last edited by Don Giovanni; 01-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #28
DustbunnyCock
Walk On

DustbunnyCock has hatched from the shell

I remember a pass that hit Sterling Sharp between the numbers in the Georgia game in the 80s. Glad we didn't give up on him, we would have to take his banner down in the stadium.
DustbunnyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #29
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by RphBallCoach View Post
talk about jerk...
It's a true statement, but i'm sure Damiere appreciates you standing up for him
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #30
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
As did Nick Jones who is one of our most sure handed guys. I wasn't at the game but it looked as though the sun messed with both players.
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #31
50ktight
4-Star

Male

I'll use a couple recent comparisons.

After D.L Moore's big time play against Georgia, would you have beat your chest against anyone who had an objective view of him?

Or Jason Barnes- he had a handful of big time catches where the fan base was SURE he was going to become the receiver we wanted him to be.

The point is you cannot jump to conclusions about a player after one play, good or bad. He has a lot of potential and can still develop, but is too inconsistent right now.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #32
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

for a shorter guy he can go up and get it. and yes he's not the most sure handed reciever out there but he'll keep developing and he's got the one thing you cant coach and thats speed
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #33
SamAdamsCockyAle
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 583
SamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming in

This thread could just have easily been called "Yeah, he can't throw," or "Yeah, #2 passing d in the nation."
SamAdamsCockyAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #34
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Okay, so he is not quite Featherstone from Necessary Roughness. Not quite at least.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #35
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

Chadlessness has hatched from the shell

He is a hit or miss though. He's made some spectacular plays this year, but then again there have been quite a few easy catches that he flat out misses. I think he's been more productive this season than last, so hopefully he can continue to improve.
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #36
Carolina22
Recruit

Male

Carolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming in

Thank god DL Moore got suspended. Opened up more plays for Byrd and Jones. Addition by subtraction
Carolina22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #37
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Our talented young receivers need to use the off season to get as many balls thrown to them as possible. The only way to get better is to work harder than the other guys defending you and concentrate on catching everything that you can get your fingers on. All the speed in the world ain't worth a flip if you cannot hold on to the ball. We have enough QB's to work with these young guys over the summer and hopefully we will have a good turn out.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #38
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Who say's Connor can't throw it?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #39
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Regardless, the kid has made more big catches this year than he has had drops. The progress from last year to this year has been significant.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #40
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

Chadlessness has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Regardless, the kid has made more big catches this year than he has had drops. The progress from last year to this year has been significant.
I agree. If he continues to improve as much this offseason as last, he'll be a (consistently) huge playmaker next year.
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote