CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
garnet_black215
Regalcock
gamecockgal
Pw00132
More David Williams (4612)
Polls (3101)
Gameday in Columbia (2660)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2353)
Tonight's ugly win w (1984)
D line pressure (1427)
Clem5on fans are bes (1248)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1200)
Why Weren't We Bette (1156)
SEC East Race as of (1060)
D line pressure
Why Weren't We Better Pre
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Dylan Thompson's passing
iPhone 6/6plus and Apple
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Kendrick salley
2014-15 Premier League se
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Gameday in Columbia

Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #61
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: OB Bloomin' Onion

Yeah, went out to the one in Rock Hill tonight. There was actually a traffic backup to get in. Guy came out and said it was a 2 hour wait and they were out of onions.

Did not stick around.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #62
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

The bloomin onion is delicious but its not worth a 2 hour wait, IMO.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #63
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Wow, you both ate a single blooming onion to the face for lunch? That's just disgusting... and the fact that you scammed an extra onion out of the situation makes you sound super classy. smh.
BLOOMIN' ONION POLICE!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #64
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Man...couple of folks in this thread really seem to enjoy being pretentious, holier than thou twats.

Congrats to y'all...ya know who you are.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #65
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Got mine at the Outback on Two Notch. Put my name in and they said it was a hour and a half wait. As soon as we did that 4 seats opened at the bar. WOOHOO! We only waited like 5 minutes!

I overheard a server asking for a manager to go speak to one of their tables. Someone wanted to talk to a manager because they thought it was a free bloomin onion PER PERSON and were pissed it wasn't. JESUS, PEOPLE!
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #66
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
It always amazes me the length people will go to get something for free

I know , I feel the same way ............nothing is worth that wait , I will buy my own when I want one !!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #67
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycock View Post
At lunch I went in just before my wife to be seated separately so we could both enjoy a free blooming onion and tea. Sitting in different booths not communicating was like we didn't even know each other. Weird but really worth it!
haha definitely wouldn't have gone to that extreme.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #68
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

My time is worth money and no way in hell do I wait anything longer than 1 hour at an Outback for dinner...for a $6 appetizer I can make at home for under $1.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #69
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
You all realize that crap is like the most unhealthy thing ever, right? Its over a days worth of fat, sodium and about 2000 calories. The amount of saturated fat will practically kill you. Obesity and overweight are destroying this country. Who cares if it is free, you will pay for it more than you want to think in the future.
Unless you are a vegan who grows his own food using seeds locally purchased and does not use any pesticides or fertilizers from an industrial origin, and your water is rainwater gathered in a self-built irrigation trough, and you do not own a television, vehicle, or other entertainment apparatus leading to a sedentary lifestyle, you should not lecture people about obesity and diet.

The only thing worse than being lectured about one's diet is to be lectured by a person who is sitting at a desk typing on a computer.
Whatever dude.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #70
CockyBoiler
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 105882
CockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talons

I must be pretty simple. I laugh every time I see this.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #71
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Got mine at the Outback on Two Notch. Put my name in and they said it was a hour and a half wait. As soon as we did that 4 seats opened at the bar. WOOHOO! We only waited like 5 minutes!

I overheard a server asking for a manager to go speak to one of their tables. Someone wanted to talk to a manager because they thought it was a free bloomin onion PER PERSON and were pissed it wasn't. JESUS, PEOPLE!
Jeez it is delicious, but I'd feel pretty sick if I ate an entire bloomin' onion by myself.

A lot of people feel the need to abuse the system when something is free.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #72
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Got mine in Daytona Beach! 20 minute wait. Told several people you are welcome for that!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #73
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Yeah, went out to the one in Rock Hill tonight. There was actually a traffic backup to get in. Guy came out and said it was a 2 hour wait and they were out of onions.

Did not stick around.
Wife and I went to the one in Rock Hill last night. Got there around 6:30 it was a 2 hour 45 minute wait. We walked up to the bar (first come first serve) and sat down at the bar after waiting maybe 15 minutes.

Our server behind the bar said they were out of onions. We ordered anyway, there was a couple beside us that had already eaten, however they still had an onion coming to them. We had struck up a conversation with them and when they finally got their onion they did not want it and gave it to us.

Also, our server told us they were only expecting to give about 20 to 30 onions away. She said they gave away 400 and that the cooks started cheering when they made the last one.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #74
landlocked
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
landlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudly

So for the people who went out and waited 15 min., or 2 hrs, for the $7 onion how much did you spend?

Not judging, just curious..

I am personally shocked at the turnout I have heard about for this free onion
landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #75
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yeah. I got the joke. Problem is the joke wasn't that funny and also revealed that you and your wife did, indeed, basically scam Outback out of a free onion. Of course it's not a big deal to you, because you obviously have never worked in the restaurant business in a service capacity or have any shame. Congrats. I hope y'all left a decent tip, but I doubt it.

Outback is the joke.

Was eating at an Outback a couple years ago and my grandfather literally had a heart attack during the meal. I asked the manager for a defibrillator but there was not one in sight. What kind of restaurant sells deep fried bloomin onions and doesn't keep a defibrillator on hand?

Havent' been back and probably never will.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #76
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post

This is in no way surprising to me... disturbing, but expected...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #77
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

The bloomin onion is great, but i could never eat an entire one by myself. And it is not worth the 2 hour wait. I'm sorry, but i don't think a restaurant is worth a 2 hour wait.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #78
Gamechick
Walk On

Gamechick is sharpening his clawsGamechick is sharpening his clawsGamechick is sharpening his clawsGamechick is sharpening his claws

I'm in Rock Hill. Ordered my meal on line, drove out there and waited 45 minutes for it. Then the trouble started. Idiots can't see the line of cars waiting to drive into the parking lot and they turned left on the main road and were stuck in the middle of traffic and nobody could move. Took me almost an hour to wiggle thru traffic to get home, less than 5 miles, straight up a six lane road! But, it was worth every bite. steak, salad, big baked potato and my bloomin' onion!
Gamechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #79
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Unless you are a vegan who grows his own food using seeds locally purchased and does not use any pesticides or fertilizers from an industrial origin, and your water is rainwater gathered in a self-built irrigation trough, and you do not own a television, vehicle, or other entertainment apparatus leading to a sedentary lifestyle, you should not lecture people about obesity and diet.

The only thing worse than being lectured about one's diet is to be lectured by a person who is sitting at a desk typing on a computer.
Whatever dude.
That is a terrible post. Sorry for highlighting a few tiny nutrition facts to people who may not be aware of what the onion contains.

However, I do commend you for making a comment that didnt contain a youtube music video. Bravo.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #80
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Went in va..burned onion and lame baked potato..nasty
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote