CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Ray Lewis to retire

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said Wednesday he plans to retire as the end of this season.

He told the team Wednesday that, "this is my last ride.''

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...etiring-season
Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire

Kinda surprised honestly...thought we would see him playing until he was 70
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Is he still allowed to kill people
Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
Is he still allowed to kill people
People can say what they want to about that situation, but I always look to how a person acts AFTER to tell the real story.

Lewis may or may not have been involved in the situation, but since that day you haven't heard a SINGLE negative word about him. Haven't heard about him partying it up, getting in any scuffles, heck not even about him getting in a shoving match at practice. The man has kept his nose spotless since then. If he was involved ... he learned his lesson and I'm ok with that. He's been a model citizen since that moment in his life and has actually helped charities and others on numerous occasions.

Rewind to OJ ... he obviously couldn't stay out of trouble.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

HOF no-brainer. Maybe the best LB of all time or he's right up there. We'll see if his son can follow his path, even though he's a RB i believe
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
People can say what they want to about that situation, but I always look to how a person acts AFTER to tell the real story.

Lewis may or may not have been involved in the situation, but since that day you haven't heard a SINGLE negative word about him. Haven't heard about him partying it up, getting in any scuffles, heck not even about him getting in a shoving match at practice. The man has kept his nose spotless since then. If he was involved ... he learned his lesson and I'm ok with that. He's been a model citizen since that moment in his life and has actually helped charities and others on numerous occasions.

I think the real story is the fact that two people were killed in a fight the Lewis was involved with that left a little girl without a father and no one was every convicted.

Maybe he wasn't responsible directly for the murders, but he was involved enough to testify against the others and pay a settlement.

He had a great football career and like you said he may have turned his life around which is great, but it doesn't minimize the fact that people died.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Looks like ESPN is going to have another NFL analyst. Either that or FOX.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:

i think his point was that he may have escaped a murder charge. that has zilch to do with being a good role model after being spared a lifetime in jail.

if your loved one was killed would you let the murderer go if you knew he was going to truly be reformed and become a role model?
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

Quote:

I guess not... I wouldn't be saying anything bad about someone that killed a guy. I guess just call it my survival instinct kicking in.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

First ballot HOFer no doubt in my mind he is probably the best LB of this generation.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

dude has like 6 kids...about time he has decided to become a dad.

But as to his NFL career...HoF without a doubt...done incredible things for the Ravens franchise
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Wow so much conversation from a joke I made about a time I don't even remember. My whole football watching career Ray Lewis has been a great player and a humanitarian. Sorry if I offended anyone! All the best to him and hopefully he has sons that play for us
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said Wednesday he plans to retire as the end of this season.

He told the team Wednesday that, "this is my last ride.''

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...etiring-season

"Ray Lewis retired today, his exact words were, "Clowney is coming in next year, and I do not want to be shown up." "
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #14
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Looks like ESPN is going to have another NFL analyst. Either that or FOX.
Or The U is gonna have a new Linebackers Coach.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

One of the best LBs of all time.
Can't put him above LT though.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Very likely a murderer, but we love him because he's a great ball player. Pretty much sums up our society.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Very likely a murderer, but we love him because he's a great ball player. Pretty much sums up our society.
That is such bs. There was no proof. Did one of his friends do it probably. But no one knows if it was self defense. He should have never been charged with murder . Accessory maybe. They charged him because he was famous and knew he would roll on his friends. He plead guilty to obstruction and told what he knew and there wasnt enough to convict his friends. He may have covered it up but i have no doubt that he didnt murder anyone. He also learned a lesson that most of the young guys in the league need. Know your friends and no who is trying to spknge off you. Where he is from there is the whole snitches get stitches or end up in ditches stigma. He lied the first night and then told his story. I salute him.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...2_a2&eref=sihp

Ray Lewis to the 4 Letter after retirement.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

I think he'll have serious regrets and try to make a return. Just my opinion and wishful thinking I guess
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Wait a second. I'm not saying whether I think Ray Lewis is a murderer nor not...but are you saying that as long as someone "learns their lesson" and walks the straight and narrow afterwards, you are okay with the fact that they have murdered someone?

Just want you to realize that is how the greatest uncaptured serial killers of all time have got away. They live a totally clean life, model citizens, and are your uncles and grandfathers...except they occasionally like to murder someone.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote