CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #41
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Allow Me To Play Devil's Advocate

I think the Mike Williams argument is the best one. JD needs to be in footbal shape before he enters the draft.

A lot of CU fans keep talking about this senario. Wishing for it is a better term.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

If you watch the last minute of this video he talks about what he needs to do to improve and his goals for next year (being 1st pick in the draft). Just doesn't sound like a guy that's gonna sit out the year and train.

uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #43
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Don't forget he wants to win the Heisman. I think he can do it. The hit that shook the world has put everyone on notice!!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #44
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Maurice and Williams aren't the best example because they ain't Clowney.

I don't think it's the best idea by any stretch, but again it's not as crazy as everyone seems to think.

You take Clowney out a year, have him train and practice with other NFL athletes at a personal training facility and I would still put money on him being a top 3 pick.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #45
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

I know some people have mentioned it but JD loves the game of football too much to give up a season, I have never been big on Twiter but occasionally get on after big events to see what people are saying and after his hit I figured I would check it out and I noticed on his he said "Boy I had a big hit today dang love the game" I think he wants the Heisman and I see him working his butt off to get it
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #46
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

“I think I can be a lot better next year,” he said. “I can work on my run stopping and getting my hands up and get stronger than I was this year. I'm going to be a lot better next year. Y'all just watch and see.” - Clowney

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...1112?p=1&tc=pg

End of story.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
SpockCock
Redshirt

Male

CockyCash: 1250
SpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervous

Man, I think EVERYONE is missing the point of the OP and just going into freak out mode. Clowney is an a unique position... He's the only player I've ever heard of that could have been drafted in the first round coming out of HIGH SCHOOL! And, if the NFL didn't have the 3-year college rule, he would have been. Of course he will get better by playing in college as much as he can (barring injury), but the OP never said anything to the contrary. If he could leave for the draft this year, he would be the #1 pick. If he sat and went next year, almost assuredly still #1 pick still. Yes, he's that good. He doesn't have to get any better to be a #1 pick... That's SCARY, 'cause he IS gonna get better next year playing for us!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #48
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

You, sir, are no Kevin Lomax
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
After yesterday, it would make more sense for Jadeveon Clowney to sit out a year and then declare for the draft in 2014. His draft status, after yesterday, cannot be improved upon so how would it behoove him to play his Junior season. The only way he can go now is down. DON"T GET ME WRONG, THIS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL!!! But the facts are the facts-Clowney's draft status cannot go any higher and IMO he puts too much on the line by playing his Junior season. He would be better off getting with one of these pro training outfits, take 2013 off and declare for the draft in 2014. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN, it just makes sense for Clowney IMO. If I were in his shoes, that is what I would do.
Do you work for 560 The Team? (Just curious - they rode this stupid sh*t for a week...)

How the hell is JD going to win the Heisman sitting out 2013? (HIS stated goal, not mine.)

I'll hang up and listen...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Maybe Adrian Peterson should take off until he can negotiate his next contract.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #51
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I don't think it's in Clowny's nature to lay off. He really seems to enjoy the game and the team. Yesterday did expose a different way to slow him down - a helmet to the nads, and he came back after that as soon as he could. Would you?
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #52
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Quote:
After yesterday, it would make more sense for Jadeveon Clowney to sit out a year and then declare for the draft in 2014. His draft status, after yesterday, cannot be improved upon so how would it behoove him to play his Junior season. The only way he can go now is down. DON"T GET ME WRONG, THIS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL!!! But the facts are the facts-Clowney's draft status cannot go any higher and IMO he puts too much on the line by playing his Junior season. He would be better off getting with one of these pro training outfits, take 2013 off and declare for the draft in 2014. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN, it just makes sense for Clowney IMO. If I were in his shoes, that is what I would do.
Well, you'd be a self-before-team player and a lousy competitor then, and I'm very glad you're not a Gamecock.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

clowney is a beast but he still has alot to work on. needs more leg power.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #54
cockybynature
Recruit

Male

cockybynature has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
/thread fail
EPIC FAIL
cockybynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #55
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I disagree with this Corey Miller line of thinking. If he did this it would show a lack of character. It would show selfishness. If I were a GM, it would tell me he is a guy who values his next paycheck or contract over winning games. I don't think that describes him and I don't think he will follow this path.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

This thread is a fail, wtf lol what was this even for
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Even playing devils advocate, that is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #58
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Even playing devils advocate, that is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard.

i second this^. absolutely a crazy idea and it would put next season in huge jeopardy for us as well. He would also been seen as a gigantic cooter nationally.

NO.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #59
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

PPPFFFFTTTTHHHH.

UUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH.

MMMMMMEEEEERRRRRRHHTHTTTT

I don't even know how to comprehend what I just read.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #60
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

He has the direct line to be the first defensive lineman to win the heisman, that will keep him motivated. I do wonder what lossing leaders like Marcus and DJ will do to this entire teams mindset.