CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
garnet_black215
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
CockyRyan
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MWard
nodnahs
Clemson Recruiting.. (3089)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1535)
Ranking the Opposing (1373)
Not a Rival.. (1041)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1020)
Gamecock Coaches as (930)
NCAA Football 15 (561)
Hello Gamecocks! (476)
Marching band (413)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (287)
Clemson Recruiting...how
Galaxy vs Seatle
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Marching band
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Hello Gamecocks!
John Rocker at rock botto
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
****Official 2014 Gamecoc

Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shon Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He would've had over 100 yards total offense if his teammates did their jobs on the screen play and the option. He was a missed block and a poor decision from having a breakout game.
Our OL continues to do a poor job of blocking downfield for screen passes. I tell you one guy that blocks in space really well, and that's Ace. I have watched him numerous times this year blocking on quick screens and other passes outside and he does very well with that.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

What plays does our line block well?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #23
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

SOS is always about who wins the job in practice. It might be that Shon had better practices than Mike Davis for all we know. One block and Shon has a TD.

Then again, UM is probably saying one block and our running back's helmet doesn't get broken.

Anyway, game plan was to pick on UM cornerbacks and throw it to the wide receivers. The deep passing game that we've wanted to see for years. I thought it was great. We can't please everyone.

By the way, we did have a 90+ yard rusher.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #24
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
He would've had over 100 yards total offense if his teammates did their jobs on the screen play and the option. He was a missed block and a poor decision from having a breakout game.
Agreed. Michigan LB blew up our blocks and tackled Carson on one screen. There wasn't anybody around him after that.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Such a "what if" guy for me. Certainly sounds and feels like he's going to drop football all together which is a shame, but he needs to do what's best for himself.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
simpsde
Walk On

Male

simpsde has hatched from the shell

My only question is why did we not even attempt to run the ball. Spurrier even griped about not getting the run game going at half time......we handed the ball off 5 times the whole game.....5. Cannot establish the run if you do not call running plays.
simpsde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #27
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
My only question is why did we not even attempt to run the ball. Spurrier even griped about not getting the run game going at half time......we handed the ball off 5 times the whole game.....5. Cannot establish the run if you do not call running plays.
We're a run-first team that passed for 341 on a team ranked 2 in pass defense and 10 in total defense. It's called "take what they give you." Our receivers were open. The running lanes weren't.
On the Carson question, I overheard the coaches saying they did it mainly to piss off the OP on this thread.
They make most of their decisions on capricious urges.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
uscsec
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb

Just posted on facebook.

"
Bout that time to make that money"
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Amen, I did not notice he was the player while at the game but when I watched it on TV, I thought man... one block and he was gone! and Shaw should have pitched the ball... no one was there!!!
uscfsu23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #30
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsec View Post
Just posted on facebook.

"
Bout that time to make that money"
Depending on how this baseball season goes, I can see him switching to baseball fulltime.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #31
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Never felt right seeing him play for the few snaps he had the other day. Just feels too good to be true. He's a completely different back then what we have right now, I hope we can get our speedback this year in the cycle to compliment Mike Davis in the future.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #32
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's a draft prospect but didn't make the team? I don't understand baseball economics.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
He's a draft prospect but didn't make the team? I don't understand baseball economics.
He didn't get to try out last year I believe because he wasn't healthy yet. I believe this will be his first try out.
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Oh I must be thinking of Christian.