CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
ReadR00ster
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
bcolinc
peterlemon
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
Defensive Backfield
East Carolina Prediction
Not a talent issue
Rankings
Recruiting Question
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
3-4 "D" Keep it
Nick Chubb
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd

Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #81
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Re: Little things that irritate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Picky eaters. Especially men who are picky eaters. Do you realize your taste buds change every few years? I don't like cole slaw but I try a bite every time I am around it just to see if I like it. I used to think Reuben sandwiches were so gross...now, I love them.

Even worse is a person who won't eat something they have never tried...that isn't even crazy: like sushi or some seafood or some people something as simple as a tomato or onion.

When I was little, my mom used to make sauerkraut and relish in large batches at the house. I never tried it because to my young nose, it stunk like hell. But a few years back, I tried a "quality control" bite of a reuben she made for some catering event... delicious. Balanced well and I loved it.

And I know plenty of people who won't try sushi, yet somehow know they hate it. Took me forever to actually try it, but I started off with a very americanized roll (called a firecracker roll... deep fried goodness), and climbed my way up the ladder. I've converted quite a few people just by having them try my firecracker roll, and a piece of like a philly or a spicy tuna. Yet there's others who still won't even give it a shot. Oh well, their loss. Monday nights are awesome though, all you can eat sushi at Sole in Seneca for $12.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #82
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
When I was little, my mom used to make sauerkraut and relish in large batches at the house. I never tried it because to my young nose, it stunk like hell. But a few years back, I tried a "quality control" bite of a reuben she made for some catering event... delicious. Balanced well and I loved it.

And I know plenty of people who won't try sushi, yet somehow know they hate it. Took me forever to actually try it, but I started off with a very americanized roll (called a firecracker roll... deep fried goodness), and climbed my way up the ladder. I've converted quite a few people just by having them try my firecracker roll, and a piece of like a philly or a spicy tuna. Yet there's others who still won't even give it a shot. Oh well, their loss. Monday nights are awesome though, all you can eat sushi at Sole in Seneca for $12.
I'll try about anything. Sushi is ok to me. Nothing special though.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #83
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

When people say Irregardless or Revert back...especially if they are educated.

Grammar nazis on message boards.

People on message boards that claim they have done everything or try their best to be the first to post a topic like "__________ is dead" because they saw it on facebook, but didn't bother to actually check the news

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #84
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

When someone asks for prayers (that part doesn't irritate me) but then a non-religious person posts something like "My thoughts are with them". The post asked for prayers. if you don't pray, that's your business, but why post that your thoughts are with them?

Not having Coca-Cola to drink in a restaurant. When the server asks, "Are Pepsi products okay?" I respond with, "Is Monopoly money okay?"

Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #85
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
I'll try about anything. Sushi is ok to me. Nothing special though.
When I was younger, we ate what was cooked and didn't leave the table until we finished it. That wasn't just some threat or kind encouragement to get us to eat well...there were times I can remember my brothers or cousins falling asleep in their food because they weren't allowed to leave the table.

I think it is what is wrong with today's parents and their kids. All they want is pizza, chicken nuggets, and fries. Parents will say "they won't eat anything else" and to avoid the hassle...they give in.

No...if they are hungry- they will eat the squash, okra, turnips, meatloaf, or whatever else you put in front of them. And they will like it.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #86
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
When someone asks for prayers (that part doesn't irritate me) but then a non-religious person posts something like "My thoughts are with them". The post asked for prayers. if you don't pray, that's your business, but why post that your thoughts are with them?
I think that person is just being vocally respectful while at terms with the fact they don't pray.

Quote:
Not having Coca-Cola to drink in a restaurant. When the server asks, "Are Pepsi products okay?" I respond with, "Is Monopoly money okay?"
This bugs me to hell, too. Not only that, I will ask for a Diet Coke and they ignore it and bring me Diet Pepsi knowing that is all they have and not letting me know. I can tell the difference and you will go back and get me tea, water, etc.

Why in this day and age we can't have both under one roof is confusing. No one has issue with Budweiser and Miller Lite being sold in the same bar.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #87
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Cack

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #88
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

People that don't have kids giving out parenting advice. If you don't have kids then you are not qualified.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #89
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
This bugs me to hell, too. Not only that, I will ask for a Diet Coke and they ignore it and bring me Diet Pepsi knowing that is all they have and not letting me know. I can tell the difference and you will go back and get me tea, water, etc.

Why in this day and age we can't have both under one roof is confusing. No one has issue with Budweiser and Miller Lite being sold in the same bar.
It is probably a cost thing. Have to pay for the extra machines and extra product when 95% of people don't have much of an issue with being forced to Pepsi or being forced to Coke for one meal.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #90
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
That is just a Southern thing. Deal with it.
Not everyone. I am from the south. I am equally annoyed with the term pop.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #91
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post

Isn't that what a prayer is, a thought? I say that in the same fashion that people say "happy holidays" rather than "merry Christmas"...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #92
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Isn't that what a prayer is, a thought? I say that in the same fashion that people say "happy holidays" rather than "merry Christmas"...
No...that is not what prayer is and this is what bothers me. I haven't argued with everyone else's opinion. Sorry if your nerve got touched but that was not my intention