CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4518)
ESPN reporter adding (2447)
SOS: No QB controve (1916)
Waldrop injured (1721)
Just read this. (1047)
In light of our matc (992)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (956)
How we won the UGA g (860)
Christian Walker cal (590)
If we keep winning a (533)
How we won the UGA game:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
Christian Walker called u
Winston
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
ESPN reporter adding to t
If this doesn't give you
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia

Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous
Default Congratulations, but that one really hurt

Hey all-
Congrats on a well-deserved win over my team. It was a closer game than I thought it would be, but in the end your guys made the plays. Even the worst official's call I've seen in a long time only ended up making Clowney angry, and we didn't like him when he was angry. I was afraid our RB's head was still inside the helmet for a minute there. (I was afraid the old ball coach was going to stroke out after the call, glad he's OK.)

I was encouraged by some imagination on offense for us, and by the way our defense held up-except for those 4 50-yard-plus plays, of course. (he says sarcastically.) I am especially angry at JT Floyd, our best cornerback who apparently thought smoking weed was more important than playing in the bowl game. Now, he's by no means an All-American, but I have to believe he could have helped break up at least one of those plays.

Anyway, enjoyed the game except for the outcome, and hope we'll get the chance to play again sometime soon. BTW, I apologize on behalf of all UM fans for the hideous uniforms you were forced to look at all day. Hopefully, our AD learns from this and they go away for good.

Best of luck next year, thanks for having me as a guest on your board.

Jeff
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Congratulations, but that one really hurt

Ahem, Head Ball Coach
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Thanks Jeff. It was definitely a great game. Your defensive front was actually a LOT better than I expected. We usually have a fairly decent ground game, but we couldn't get anything going (outside of the QB runs).

My best friend is a big UM fan, so I keep an eye on them. I think Brady Hoke is going to be good for that program. He seems to be getting things moving in the right direction.

I know we had a VERY tough schedule, but you had to play both teams in the national championship and the only other undefeated team in the nation. Plus, us that finished 11-2 ... not crappy by a long shot.

Good Luck next season.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Thanks Jeff and also for being a part of this board over the past few weeks. I hope you'll visit and check in over time and during football season. Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
Hey all-
Congrats on a well-deserved win over my team. It was a closer game than I thought it would be, but in the end your guys made the plays. Even the worst official's call I've seen in a long time only ended up making Clowney angry, and we didn't like him when he was angry. I was afraid our RB's head was still inside the helmet for a minute there. (I was afraid the old ball coach was going to stroke out after the call, glad he's OK.)

I was encouraged by some imagination on offense for us, and by the way our defense held up-except for those 4 50-yard-plus plays, of course. (he says sarcastically.) I am especially angry at JT Floyd, our best cornerback who apparently thought smoking weed was more important than playing in the bowl game. Now, he's by no means an All-American, but I have to believe he could have helped break up at least one of those plays.

Anyway, enjoyed the game except for the outcome, and hope we'll get the chance to play again sometime soon. BTW, I apologize on behalf of all UM fans for the hideous uniforms you were forced to look at all day. Hopefully, our AD learns from this and they go away for good.

Jeff
Your offence was one of the more effective one's we've seen this year against our D and your linebackers were all over the field making plays.

Brady Hoke definitely has you guys on an upward swing coming off the Rich Rod years.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

i have no hard feelings for the call after what transpired directly afterwards, like Spurrier said...im glad they got it wrong. That Clowney hit catapulted him from a pretty well known defensive end to superstar status imo. The youtube video on that hit had over 1 million views less than 24 hours.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Jeff= Classy Michigan fan. Great game, hope you stay on CT.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Classy post, glad to have you.

As a USC fan in Ohio, we both root against the same team.

I hope we can play again next year in the title game.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Thanks Jeff! I knew all along it was going to be a tough game, and Coach Hoke did a great job of throwing caution to the wind. His game plan definitely had us back on our heels. Devin Gardner has some accuracy issues, but had several catchable balls dropped as well. He's going to be a really good one after a full Spring and Fall camp of getting the 1st team rep's.

Best wishes to you guys in 2013, and hell yeah, hope our programs match up again in the not too distant future. Maybe Pasadena, Jan.6, 2014?

Edit.. this board is made up of passionate fans that love to talk football 24/7, 365 days a year, so be sure to check back in from time to time. The Locker Room is another great forum on this site to visit for discussion of random sports topics.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

UM may be the most well coached team we faced this season. I was VERY impressed with the offensive play-calling.

Essentially we just out-athleted you all.

Good luck next season.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 23008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Thanks Jeff! You're class all the way. Stick around, get to know us, and become a regular. Just laugh at small-time Clemson and their Gomer coach and you will fit right in.

Regardless, we wish you and Michigan the best next year!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
Hey all-

Jeff
Thanks for the good words, it was a helluva game! Unfortunately someone had to lose, but your boys gave ours all they could handle. I had nothing but good experiences with UM fans, classy group and a blast to be around. Hope you guys have a good offseason and a good season next year, maybe we'll see you in the National Championship game!

I know...I need to slow down a bit!
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
UM may be the most well coached team we faced this season. I was VERY impressed with the offensive play-calling.

Good luck next season.
Man oh man how good it feels to be able to say that now-a-days.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Great game... Glad the good guys came out on top. Your fans were very classy. I sat on the um side and had a great time.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

those socks were horrible
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I liked the UM uni's. If that's the worst that Adidas does to you, then you should be thankful.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yeah, those uniforms were pretty bad.

Thanks for the well wishes, you guys played a hell of a game. Outplayed us, to be honest.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Hey all-

Jeff
Thanks for the classy words Jeff...it was one of the greatest games i have ever saw and it was good sharing that with such a respected and historic program that you pull for. Ya'lls D was a lot better than what i originally gave you credit for...and sorry you are losing D Rob...he was a heck of a player to watch (he was on my fantasy team this year LOL). Keep stopping by and hopefully the teams will face off again in the future! Have a blessed one man and good luck next year!

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hey all-

Jeff
Thank you for your nice post. The big plays were a huge part of our game plan. Take away some of those and you guys might have been able to win it.

If you noticed, the Gamecock defense did not give up any big plays. We made your offense drive the field for all its points. OTH, our defense was not gambling as much as yours was gambling.

Your defensive game-plan was very good. The three man rush and eight man zone defense was effective in stopping the QB runs (except for the one by Connor) and our normally effective short passing game. There were few cracks in that zone. Luckily, we have the receivers and a couple QBs that found them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post

Good luck next season.
I didn't think I would see anyone out athlete Vic Hampton. But we did not have anyone who could keep up the UM receiver with 9 catches.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Michigan came with their A Game that's for sure. Good Looking Football
team y'all have there. Hoke is a class act and a hell of a coach. I was
looking for another game similar to the Nebraska game last year where
we swapped scores for a while, then we got it under control in the
second half, but Michigan proved to be A LOT Tougher than the Huskers.
Good combination of speed and strength on both sides of the line. The
Wolverines controled the lines, but we were fortunate enough to get
a few big plays when we had to have them.

Good luck to the Wolverines next season, and please make yourself a
regular here my man.