CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
kingoftheroost
A. Pilgrim
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
robgusc76
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Gamecockology Helms
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Official Charlotte Hornet
Tennessee - South Carolin
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Interesting quotes from D
Have you ever been so wro
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
What does it take to win?
Uniforms for Tenn

Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons
Default Bowl Attendance

Memo to Bowls--don't invite Florida.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Outback attendance up 10% over last year....
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Attendance

I think the Outback committee is happy with USC once again.....we brought a quality crowd, played with great effort, and turned out what might be the most exciting bowl game this post-season. No hard feelings....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Outback had 349 more people than the Sugar.

Outback had 54,527 people... Sugar had 54,178
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I think the Outback committee is happy with USC once again.....we brought a quality crowd, played with great effort, and turned out what might be the most exciting bowl game this post-season. No hard feelings....
Paul Avery, the former President of OSI told me back in 2002 that the Outback Bowl Committee LOVED having the gamecocks. He said the city business owners said we spent money and were very polite and friendly.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Paul Avery, the former President of OSI told me back in 2002 that the Outback Bowl Committee LOVED having the gamecocks. He said the city business owners said we spent money and were very polite and friendly.
But we get bent out of shape when we can't get any boiled peanuts at the game! LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

2001 and 2002 we brought a full house. The bad taste is when we lost to Iowa and didn't bring many people. We had lost to UF and Clemson by a combined score of 87-20 and most folks saw the writing on the wall.

Glad to know that they are happy with us again.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
2001 and 2002 we brought a full house. The bad taste is when we lost to Iowa and didn't bring many people. We had lost to UF and Clemson by a combined score of 87-20 and most folks saw the writing on the wall.

Glad to know that they are happy with us again.
We ran into Chris Sullivan before the game in the corporate tents and he said they were very happy to have us back and said he heard attendence had spiked.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

Awesome!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

Florida only sold half their tickets.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

I bet most Florida fans didn't think the idea of playing Louisville was worth the drive. They were right.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

FYI: Kansas State has brought 40,000 fans to the Fiesta Bowl... Oregon has around 17-18K...

As for the Outback Bowl: We had somewhere around 17-20,000 fans there... Michigan fans had about the same... and considering how many people from Michigan now live in Florida... it was good to see we had right at the same amount as they did...
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I have no doubt that we would have had great attendance at the Sugar. Wasn't it them that said something like how they would walk across glass to get SC? But yeah, id be embarrassed if i was at Florida... performance and the fan turnout.

Off topic, but just think, if Florida played like that on Oct 20, we could be in the Sugar or maybe, just maybe, MIAMI!!!

But glad to see a great turnout at Outback.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
FYI: Kansas State has brought 40,000 fans to the Fiesta Bowl... Oregon has around 17-18K...
This is a matter of Oregon fans being spoiled.

Fans of these top programs are spoiled now days.

We've never been to a situation like that so we'd sell out in a heart beat

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post

Yes, agreed... Its the 4th straight year Oregon has been to a BCS game... As for K-State, its the first time in 9-10 years, and only the 2nd time overall..

If we were in a BCS game (like the Sugar)... I would think we would be similar to K-State... we would have packed the damn place.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes, agreed... Its the 4th straight year Oregon has been to a BCS game... As for K-State, its the first time in 9-10 years, and only the 2nd time overall..

If we were in a BCS game (like the Sugar)... I would think we would be similar to K-State... we would have packed the damn place.
Yea for Oregon I feel like it's National Title or Rose Bowl for them.
So the fans were quite pissed, especially the way it ended this year.

I remember reading they showed up in full force for the Rose Bowl

#LukeForMod

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Yea for Oregon I feel like it's National Title or Rose Bowl for them.
So the fans were quite pissed, especially the way it ended this year.

I remember reading they showed up in full force for the Rose Bowl

The Rose Bowl (for Pac-12 and Big 10 teams) is just as big of a deal as it is for us to play in the SEC-CG...

Its what those programs out there strive for. As a U-Dub alum, I can tell you exactly how many Rose Bowl games we have played in (14) and won (7)... just like most alumni can tell you... Its tradition, and winning the Rose Bowl is almost as big as winning a national championship...
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
The Rose Bowl (for Pac-12 and Big 10 teams) is just as big of a deal as it is for us to play in the SEC-CG...

Its what those programs out there strive for. As a U-Dub alum, I can tell you exactly how many Rose Bowl games we have played in (14) and won (7)... just like most alumni can tell you... Its tradition, and winning the Rose Bowl is almost as big as winning a national championship...
The Rose Bowl is and will always be the granddaddy of them all.
It may not have the best teams in it, but it will always be the most watched outside of the NCG, and the name that brings the most prestige with it. It's a great event (I was at the 05 game when I was younger-no not the NCG), and provides great exposure.

This is why I'd love to play in the national title next year as it is at the Rose Bowl.

EDIT: and Lou just said it.
K state Excited to be here.
Oregon is not, they expected to be in the National title game or the Rose Bowl.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #18
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

glad we traveled well. florida didn't. seemed like no one was there for them
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Oregon has a lot of bandwagon fans.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #20
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Maybe these attendance figures will also help people understand some teams just don't care to be playing! Helps explain some crazy losses.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote