CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (3244)
No Comments on the H (1174)
Call of Duty: Advanc (343)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (272)
Freshman ND WR " (234)
Vote For Cocky (156)
Things They Should H (144)
Keeping tailgate foo (126)
Good Riddance to bad (108)
An A to Z of Noah We (57)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
BAW
Who start on the d line t
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
No Comments on the Holes?
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
CBSpur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 375
CBSpur has hatched from the shell
Default 2013 QB idea

Why don't we have Dylan as the starter and Connor run a wildcat type formation? Seems like it could work. Just a thought though
CBSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013 QB idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSpur View Post
Why don't we have Dylan as the starter and Connor run a wildcat type formation? Seems like it could work. Just a thought though
trolling? not sure if post is serious or not with the 10 total posts. But just in case..

So how does this work? I didn't know we get to decide. Do we just put up a poll and then let Coach Spurrier know once we decide?
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Chadlessness has hatched from the shell

We could, but it's too early to tell what we will do next season. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised to see Connor Mitch get a little playing time.

I've been a Shaw fan since day one, but you can't deny Dylan has proved a great passer and Connor has a tendency to get hurt with all his running.

It's great to have 2 capable QB's fighting for playing time as opposed to none. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
trolling? not sure if post is serious or not with the 10 total posts. But just in case..

So how does this work? I didn't know we get to decide. Do we just put up a poll and then let Coach Spurrier know once we decide?
I dont know if he is trolling, but i say it works jsut like it is described.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

First off, Connor Shaw is our starter... right? So in this case, Dylan would have to beat him out right?

Well not sure it can happen, but if anyone can kick Shaws Ass to the curb, it is Dylan? Sorry but they threw the winning TD pass with 11 seconds left in a bowl game. Not much more you can do.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
CBSpur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 375
CBSpur has hatched from the shell

No I'm not trying to act like we get to choose I'm just asking if you guys think it could work
CBSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #7
addisojc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 383
addisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his claws

2013 Quarterback Idea: Play Nosovitch because he's number 5 so you'll know he'll be good.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
Cobb864
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cobb864 has hatched from the shell

LET'S GO CAROLINA, CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!

Real talk though, we just need to let the coach do what he sees fit. I mean, Shaw and Thompson support each other - I think we have something good going on. I can't turn against Connor - I personally believe he has done AMAZING things for our program and Dylan has too.

Hell, when I went to SC three years ago - all I did was funnel beer and take shots out of girls cracks.
Cobb864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

we would just flat out run a 2 qb system (similar to the bowl game rather than alternating plays) before we would use shaw as simply a wildcat qb. a gimmick role isnt the answer.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Yea...well...the 2nd string QB is always the most popular player on the team...but then again, if you have 2 QBs you have no QBs.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

If you're talking about a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow kind of deal here, it ain't happenin. Shaw would never last a whole season taking that kind of beating. He barely lasted this one.
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb864 View Post
LET'S GO CAROLINA, CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!

Real talk though, we just need to let the coach do what he sees fit. I mean, Shaw and Thompson support each other - I think we have something good going on. I can't turn against Connor - I personally believe he has done AMAZING things for our program and Dylan has too.

Hell, when I went to SC three years ago - all I did was funnel beer and take shots out of girls cracks.
Garcia...is that you??? Lol!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Both Shaw and Thompson proved that they both should play , Shaw lays it on the line and is a warrior Dylan has great pocket presence and will stand there make the throw and take the hit. These two play off one another very well and are truly pulling for one another we are lucky to have both of them and I for one hope both kick ass in 13.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Cause then we'd be the Jets. And nobody wants to be the Jets.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

My question now is...can we keep everybody happy with all this talent at QB? The HBC has said numerous times that he is seeing a lot of positive things from Nosovitch. We already know what Connor and Dylan can do. If Mitch comes in throwing strikes like we all know he can...I just don't want to see anybody transfer. Connor will be a senior and Dylan will be a junior. Just wondering what will happen if Nosovitch or Mitch perform well enough in fall camp to make the two-deep?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop2Cocky View Post
My question now is...can we keep everybody happy with all this talent at QB? The HBC has said numerous times that he is seeing a lot of positive things from Nosovitch. We already know what Connor and Dylan can do. If Mitch comes in throwing strikes like we all know he can...I just don't want to see anybody transfer. Connor will be a senior and Dylan will be a junior. Just wondering what will happen if Nosovitch or Mitch perform well enough in fall camp to make the two-deep?
Mitch should be redshirted to give him time to learn the system. Thompson is a redshirt sophomore. If he doesn't get significant playing time next season and win the starting spot his senior year, I don't expect that he'll stay. He has proven himself. Why should he hang around a fifth year to play backup to Nosovitch or Mitch?

Nobody is the starter right now. Spurrier said it's up for grabs, and I'm betting that it will be between Thompson and Shaw. Neither of the others has proven himself like these two have. No experience will not beat experience.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSpur View Post
this is a bad idea for a lot of reasons.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Mitch should be redshirted to give him time to learn the system. Thompson is a redshirt sophomore. If he doesn't get significant playing time next season and win the starting spot his senior year, I don't expect that he'll stay. He has proven himself. Why should he hang around a fifth year to play backup to Nosovitch or Mitch?

Nobody is the starter right now. Spurrier said it's up for grabs, and I'm betting that it will be between Thompson and Shaw. Neither of the others has proven himself like these two have. No experience will not beat experience.
SOS has already said Mitch will redshirt unless he exceeds expectations this spring. In other words, he'll have to be off the charts.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote