CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
ZenUSC
Homebrewcock
Gamecocks321
zack#
b381l
MDCox
Latti
**USC vs. South Alab (16654)
TV?? (1778)
Drew Owens missing? (1318)
Clemson (894)
Awful Shooting Conti (866)
Gamecock Men Have Be (724)
Question about after (506)
Dylan Thompson surpa (349)
Prayers needed!!! (336)
How about this scena (285)
Lineup Changes (Offense)
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Question about after the
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Huge recruiting weekend
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Should UNC get death pena
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Drew Owens missing?
Senior Day


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #141
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 9,740
CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
The only point is that the Michigan D wasn't as good as it was during the regular season.... some people are acting like it was great
Their secondary played horrible. They were stacking the box and selling out on blitzes though, which did well against any kind of runs and short plays, but we were able to take advantage of them down the field. The only thing that was working for us at all really was the long ball, and the occasional QB draw.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #142
Sharky
4-Star
 
Sharky's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville
Posts: 277
CockyCash: 800
Sharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talonsSharky has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Conner has played his heart out, but I think Thompson should be given a chance. The fact that this whole debate has the two QB's pretty even gives my nod to Thompson. Consider the potential for upside. Shaw has played a lot and we know what he can do. Thompson has played a little and there is a debate on who should start. I want to know what Dylan can do if he is the starter. I want to see how much Dylan will improve and learn. The little bit he's played this year, he's progressed tremendously. Not a knock on Shaw. We know what he can do. I just think the ceiling is higher for Dylan.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #143
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Are you kidding me?

That's the best spin that you can come up with?

The problem is we didn't play this game last season...we played this game this season.

The game two days ago is what we are talking about here...not games played a year ago. This isn't clemson, we don't dwell in the past...well, most of us anyway.

We were looking in one game. You are going back to last season. So, your numbers don't matter in this. Overall, going into next season, ass-u-ming that Connor heals up to his 2011 health status, then they come into play. But in this discussion, comparing numbers that are a year old when he was healthy to two days ago, when he wasn't and couldn't finish the game, doesn't even come close to cutting it.

Spin away. When unraveled, you'll still be wrong.
Do u just read what u want to read or is it u just want to ignore the facts and think your opinion is better than facts? Please pay close attention and comprehend...this part was mentioned not once but twice...(LAST TIME HEALTHY). Sorry if u missed that part...but it's the same logic y'all were doing...taking stats from a certain time frame and multiplying them to play psychic and think it would repeat itself...but when u do it to benefit Connor...it's only for one game...can't go back but so far huh? BAHAHAHA hilarious!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #144
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I'm going to entertain this for a second: I actually thought Connor had the potential this season to put up Manziel-level numbers (not the sheer amount, but in the same wheelhouse). I don't think, however, any of us know (outside of CS and the coaching/medical staff) how injured he truly was or wasn't. I understand you're making a point here about extrapolating DT's numbers and how that can be a futile exercise, but I think you really think your bolded statement is true. (FTR, I would love if it was.)

All we have to go on is what DT did do when he was in, which you want to dismiss seemingly.
I apologize in advance...but you're being a little contradictory don't u think? In one sentence u say u believed Connor had the potential to put up numbers in the same "wheelhouse" of the heisman winner...but now am I way off for possibly thinkin the same thing if he is 100%?
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #145
Don Giovanni
The original DG
 
Don Giovanni's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Laurens
Posts: 2,786
CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I find it somewhat funny the title of the thread metions something ending, because the topic of which QB should start/play is the topic that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some posters started posting it, and they knew what it was. Now we'll continue this thread on forever just because this is the topic that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend.
__________________

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #146
KaneisAble
Banned
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,624
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I apologize in advance...but you're being a little contradictory don't u think? In one sentence u say u believed Connor had the potential to put up numbers in the same "wheelhouse" of the heisman winner...but now am I way off for possibly thinkin the same thing if he is 100%?
Sorry, let me clarify: I thought that prior to the season Connor could have a season of big time passing and running yardage, the type of season (though nowhere to the degree) that Manziel had. I didn't say before the season "Connor and Manziel are going to have huge seasons", more that I look at Manziel's season in retrospect and think "that, albeit lesser scale, is what I thought CS would do this season".

After witnessing this past season, however, I realize I was incredibly wrong. Whereas (as I was pointing out) I think you really believe that healthy Connor Shaw= Heisman candidate. I'd love it if you were right. I don't think you are.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #147
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Sorry, let me clarify: I thought that prior to the season Connor could have a season of big time passing and running yardage, the type of season (though nowhere to the degree) that Manziel had. I didn't say before the season "Connor and Manziel are going to have huge seasons", more that I look at Manziel's season in retrospect and think "that, albeit lesser scale, is what I thought CS would do this season".

After witnessing this past season, however, I realize I was incredibly wrong. Whereas (as I was pointing out) I think you really believe that healthy Connor Shaw= Heisman candidate. I'd love it if you were right. I don't think you are.
I think all of Gamecock nation would love for ANY of our QBs to be in that talk. As far as u realizing u were wrong...please don't negate the fact that he wasnt healthy this year....pretty much all year...so hopefully we will see next year
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #148
KaneisAble
Banned
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,624
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I think all of Gamecock nation would love for ANY of our QBs to be in that talk. As far as u realizing u were wrong...please don't negate the fact that he wasnt healthy this year....pretty much all year...so hopefully we will see next year
I don't mean to discount that at all. I just think there were tendencies he demonstrated last season (when he played great) that seemed to worsen this season. Again: that could be due to injury, regression, or a combo of the 2. I don't know how severe he's been hurt to chalk it up to one or the other. He made big plays when we needed them in the Outback Bowl, and for that I am grateful. I'm really not interested in bashing the kid at all.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #149
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I don't mean to discount that at all. I just think there were tendencies he demonstrated last season (when he played great) that seemed to worsen this season. Again: that could be due to injury, regression, or a combo of the 2. I don't know how severe he's been hurt to chalk it up to one or the other. He made big plays when we needed them in the Outback Bowl, and for that I am grateful. I'm really not interested in bashing the kid at all.
Touché
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #150
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I find it somewhat funny the title of the thread mentions something ending, because the topic of which QB should start/play is the topic that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some posters started posting it, and they knew what it was. Now we'll continue this thread on forever just because this is the topic that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend.
There is a reason you are The Godfather, oh wise one.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #151
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 864
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Do u just read what u want to read or is it u just want to ignore the facts and think your opinion is better than facts? Please pay close attention and comprehend...this part was mentioned not once but twice...(LAST TIME HEALTHY). Sorry if u missed that part...but it's the same logic y'all were doing...taking stats from a certain time frame and multiplying them to play psychic and think it would repeat itself...but when u do it to benefit Connor...it's only for one game...can't go back but so far huh? BAHAHAHA hilarious!
OK...for the second time in as many posts on this topic...the discussion was about the Outback Bowl...the game with Michigan...the game played two days ago. My comment was, "We know what Connor did between those two TD passes." You keep trying to skew things by posting numbers from a year ago, but that doesn't matter...NOT ONE BIT! A healthy Connor Shaw wasn't an option. A Connor Shaw healthy enough to finish the game apparently wasn't an option either. The REASON I don't go back is that those stats you quote simply do not apply here, in this game, played two days ago. You are trying to skew things because you cannot argue your stance (ie, ubwrong) by trying change the parameters of this discussion and comparing apples to oranges.

Face it bud...you are wrong. The stats you use do not apply here. The game has been played and your opinions (your so called 'facts') have been weighed, measured, and found lacking. Try staying on topic and let's see what numbers you can produce. What numbers you'll try skewing and spinning.

I understand that spinning and skewing is all that you have b/c your argument is wrong, but, we're not going to accept that bs. It's time you started producing some relevant facts here instead of just claiming to do so.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #152
cockycock10
4-Star
 
cockycock10's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 291
CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Shaw is definitely a Warrior, but I don't think we'll EVER see Dylan try to run on a 3rd and 24.
Did you not see him convert the 3/20 or 4/20 in the Clemson game?
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #153
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
OK...for the second time in as many posts on this topic...the discussion was about the Outback Bowl...the game with Michigan...the game played two days ago. My comment was, "We know what Connor did between those two TD passes." You keep trying to skew things by posting numbers from a year ago, but that doesn't matter...NOT ONE BIT! A healthy Connor Shaw wasn't an option. A Connor Shaw healthy enough to finish the game apparently wasn't an option either. The REASON I don't go back is that those stats you quote simply do not apply here, in this game, played two days ago. You are trying to skew things because you cannot argue your stance (ie, ubwrong) by trying change the parameters of this discussion and comparing apples to oranges.

Face it bud...you are wrong. The stats you use do not apply here. The game has been played and your opinions (your so called 'facts') have been weighed, measured, and found lacking. Try staying on topic and let's see what numbers you can produce. What numbers you'll try skewing and spinning.

I understand that spinning and skewing is all that you have b/c your argument is wrong, but, we're not going to accept that bs. It's time you started producing some relevant facts here instead of just claiming to do so.
Actually "BUD"...you are wrong...I was actually responding to a post from rebel about the logic of using stats then multiplying them or stretching them to predict this is what it MIGHT have been IF he continued to play like he did for a certain period of time. Matter of fact...here is the post I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever
Shaw played well and made some keys passes. That said, if Dylan started and played the whole game, we'd have beat Michigan by 17-20 points. He shredded their defense the little time he played. Shaw had at least 4-5 wasted drives.
Dylan none. Our offense is better and more efficient with Dylan leading.

I understand it started out about the Outback bowl but the last sentence in bold is a GENERAL statement insinuating that the offense in GENERAL (that word again...if u know what that means) is better with Dylan leading...not JUST the Outback bowl...but in GENERAL.

As far as me "skewing" and "spinning" the facts...as I have stated several times...there is a rating that experts came up with that takes statistical data and formulates it to form a QBR (QB rating) to determine how good a QB is. There is no "skewing" this number "spinning" it...nor changing the FACTS that Connor has better stats and a better QBR even though he played tougher D's this year and even though the FACT that he has been injured most of the year (pretty much all year)...but I am sure you will try to find a way to "spin" it or "skew" it like u CLAIM I do...or merely just try to make excuses for why Connors is better...but still the fact are facts...Connors is better!

And again...to prove again that I am not the biased one...Dylan did have a better game in the Outback Bowl PER time played (the amount of time he was in there)...and guess what...the QBR shows that...but it took both to win and BOTH QBs played good. But my point is to try to play psychic and predict that he would play the same way for a longer period of time and put up much greater numbers than Connor is the part I don't understand...it makes no sense...but if u want to use that logic too then it could be used the same way to show the way Connor ended the year last year if you stretch it or multiply it out by time played like u did with Dylan...then Connor...when healthy...could put up numbers comparable to the last 2 yrs heisman winners. FACT!

If those FACTS aren't relevant enough...try another hobby...like join a local bridge club or take up sewing...bc college football isn't the place for u if you can't see the actual FACTS!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #154
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
.

Face it bud...you are wrong. The stats you use do not apply here. The game has been played and your opinions (your so called 'facts') have been weighed, measured, and found lacking.
I like it. It's Scriptural, too. MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.' Daniel 5:25-27

26 “Here is what these words mean:
Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.
27 Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.
28 Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

Watch out. The dividing of football kingdom may be imminent.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #155
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
If those FACTS aren't relevant enough...try another hobby...like join a local bridge club or take up sewing...bc college football isn't the place for u if you can't see the actual FACTS!
I know you didn't just go there. When people are right, they present their arguments and let them speak for themselves. They feel no need to attack another poster.

I am learning more about the game itself from cocky2001 than from anyone else. He never talks down to me, though his knowledge far outweighs mine. He explains things in a rational manner and does not intimate that I am stupid or should take up a different pastime. I'm thinking that his knowledge exceeds yours by quite a bit as well. At least I know my limitations.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #156
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 864
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

What a shocker! You are wrong AGAIN! I wish that I could action on this in Vegas...but they aren't that stupid or reckless with their money.

I posted this in response to Dizzy01's post...It is clear to most English reading people that we are talking about the Outback Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
That's not the argument being made. We know what CS did between the two touch down passes. We don't need a crystal ball or to conjure Nostradamus from the dead, we have the game tape. In the 12 or so plays that Dylan was in there he threw the 70-something yard pass to Jones, two TD passes, one pass through the hands of the receiver in the end zone and another that ricocheted off the helmet of the receiver in the end zone (and then we missed the FG.

Fact is...DT was moving the offense better in the bowl game. We know what CS did...it is in the books and fact...we can only speculate what DT would have done, but based on the facts of what he did do, it isn't rocket surgery. Had Dylan simply played the remainder of the game the way that he had played thus far in the game we would have routed them. And no one can argue that without speculating.
Then you quote that post and start spinning and skewing offering this as a 'response'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Oh ok...I see...so if Connor plays like he did the last 3 games last year...(last time he played that he was 100% healthy)...and you take his averages and spread them out through 13 games...then he would end up with this...
74.54% 2847yds 35TD 4Int 219.64Qbr 1040rushingyds 13tdsrushing

Now if you take this and compare them to the Heisman winner this year...

68.3% 3419yds 24TD 8Int 155.9Qbr 1181rushingyds 19tdsrushing

And last years heisman winner...

72.4% 4293yds 37TD 6Int 189.5Qbr 699rushingyds 10tdsrushing


So as you can see...Connor's numbers the last 3 games of last year...(last time healthy)...it was similar to Heisman numbers...just going by YOUR logic....so is it safe to say that next year if Connor is healthy...he could be a Heisman candidate?
Since you are so BLATANTLY WRONG in the first sentence of you latest (garbage, bs, rant, etc) post, I didn't bother reading past the first sentence. You can continue trying to twist, bend, skew, spin things to your suit your opinion, but you continue to be wrong and that will continue to be exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Actually "BUD"...you are wrong...I was actually responding to a post from rebel about the logic of using stats then multiplying them or stretching them to predict this is what it MIGHT have been IF he continued to play like he did for a certain period of time. Matter of fact...here is the post I was responding to:
Then why quote me?

Why not quote rebel?

Because you are lying and you are caught. You're not very good at this.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #157
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

nm
__________________



Last edited by me4USC; 01-04-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Quoted wrong part
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #158
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 864
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I know you didn't just go there. When people are right, they present their arguments and let them speak for themselves. They feel no need to attack another poster.

I am learning more about the game itself from cocky2001 than from anyone else. He never talks down to me, though his knowledge far outweighs mine. He explains things in a rational manner and does not intimate that I am stupid or should take up a different pastime. I'm thinking that his knowledge exceeds yours by quite a bit as well. At least I know my limitations.
Thanks for the props...I had to look for that quote...we all know why he wants me to go away...I keep exposing his lies and mistruths.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #159
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP
 
cockyguitar's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 2,120
CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Dylan won that game for us yesterday. No way Shaw would have threw that ball to Bruce. IMOP
Dylan wouldn't of made that throw if Shaw didn't convert that 4th down throw to Ace. I like both QBs though. I'd be perfectly fine running a 2 QB system next year. Let Dylan start the non conference games and let Shaw start the SEC games w/ Dylan ready to step in if Shaw goes down or if we just need a spark.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #160
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 803
CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I know you didn't just go there. When people are right, they present their arguments and let them speak for themselves. They feel no need to attack another poster.

I am learning more about the game itself from cocky2001 than from anyone else. He never talks down to me, though his knowledge far outweighs mine. He explains things in a rational manner and does not intimate that I am stupid or should take up a different pastime. I'm thinking that his knowledge exceeds yours by quite a bit as well. At least I know my limitations.
I not attacking anybody me4...just responding to someone's post with my opinions. Did u not happen to see the parts where he said what I was saying was WRONG and BS? That is his opinion and I just simply gave him mine. And just one more thing...if u agree with his opinions doesn't mean he has more football knowledge...I'm glad u are learning from someone...but you don't know me any more than I know you so try not to assume someone knows the game more than someone you don't know anything about
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development