CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
conwaycock2
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (874)
ESPN Game Day Commen (819)
The Comeback & T (690)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (507)
Phil Steele just pre (476)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (469)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (429)
Garcia: Change the R (326)
Wallpaper & Back (203)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2016 - Avery McCall
Phil Steele just predicte
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Simple "yes" or

Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #81
SCDurwood
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudly
Default Re: My Custom helmet for Outback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Nice work but with the helmet stripe is interfering with the Gamecock
intentional...

...the tail feathers would not be used.
SCDurwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #82
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

Chadlessness has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Custom helmet for Outback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDurwood View Post
or this
I like this one personally.
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #83
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDurwood View Post
enjoy...
That is awesome. This should be petitioned and forwarded to the board of athletics for consideration. At least with a petition they will see the fan base is not only looking for a change, but one that is modern and distinguishes us. Don't get me wrong, I love the block C, but this is some amazing work, and with it imposed on Connor...yea, nothing short of bad ass !!!!
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #84
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevildog1986 View Post
That is awesome. This should be petitioned and forwarded to the board of athletics for consideration. At least with a petition they will see the fan base is not only looking for a change, but one that is modern and distinguishes us. Don't get me wrong, I love the block C, but this is some amazing work, and with it imposed on Connor...yea, nothing short of bad ass !!!!
Thank you for weighing in on this. Because I prefer an updated, more modern look for the logo, I have been dubbed a block c "hater" by some, but I'm really not. It is a part of the logo of the university and teams I love, so I love it by default, but I do think our look needs to be tweaked just slightly to accentuate the most important part of the athletic logo, the gamecock, and I think dropping the block c and dramatically increasing the size of the gamecock (without altering its appearance) is the easiest way to do this.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #85
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Thank you for weighing in on this. Because I prefer an updated, more modern look for the logo, I have been dubbed a block c "hater" by some, but I'm really not. It is a part of the logo of the university and teams I love, so I love it by default, but I do think our look needs to be tweaked just slightly to accentuate the most important part of the athletic logo, the gamecock, and I think dropping the block c and dramatically increasing the size of the gamecock (without altering its appearance) is the easiest way to do this.
Spot on.. I love the Block C, but honestly it's time to show what a Gamecock looks like. The current design hinders the effect, and with everyone else around us making changes, most look good, some not so good. It just seems to me that we could place the Block C on teh pants on the front pant leg or on the sides some how, and even keep them on the sleeves of the jersey. I want everyone who is in disagreeance to imagine this concept helmet on Clowney when "The Hit" happened in the Outback Bowl.. It would be not only more intimidating to see but a modern twist on a classic Gamecock, a facelift if I may..
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #86
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I envision making the Gamecock very large like the size of the Bronco on Boise St.'s alternate blue helmet. they don't wear it every game, but they wear it some. They unveiled it against Va Tech one year in the labor day weekend game.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #87
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I thought I would tag onto this one. Would any of the resident graphic artists on cockytalk like to do a mock up of a design that has been mentioned a few times on here? I would like to see the current logo that appears on the helmets replaced with a sleek, "intense" version of the claw & spur. I'm not suggesting we should trash the current logo, only to use it a little differently. What I have in mind is very similar (identical, in fact) to the way FSU handles their logos.

Everyone knows what FSU's helmets look like, but here's an example anyway:

However, this is what the actual logo is that we all see on ESPN's graphics that also appears on the 50 yard line of the football field:

I apologize for the large images. Anyway, why not use a different logo for the uniforms that could help with the rebranding the school would like, but keep the current logo to satisfy the traditionalists? It seems like a win/win to me. If any of you artists would come up with something, I would love to see it!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #88
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Custom helmet for Outback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
The more I stay on CockyTalk the more I am convinced I am the only person walking the planet that LOVES our white helmet.
You aren't alone.
I prefer the white helmets as well.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #89
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I thought I would tag onto this one. Would any of the resident graphic artists on cockytalk like to do a mock up of a design that has been mentioned a few times on here? I would like to see the current logo that appears on the helmets replaced with a sleek, "intense" version of the claw & spur. I'm not suggesting we should trash the current logo, only to use it a little differently. What I have in mind is very similar (identical, in fact) to the way FSU handles their logos.

Anyway, why not use a different logo for the uniforms that could help with the rebranding the school would like, but keep the current logo to satisfy the traditionalists? It seems like a win/win to me. If any of you artists would come up with something, I would love to see it!
bump