CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
2000grad
gocockswyn
Outland
KaneisAble
uscgamecocks88
ColaCock
rioninusc
Fight, win, kick a-- (981)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (866)
CFN prediction for a (784)
Why I'm hopeful abou (568)
A simple defensive l (539)
What happened to thi (501)
The Gator Bowl wants (484)
USC will upset Aubur (426)
Ranking Top HC jobs (418)
This is War (399)
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Five Upstate High School
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Ranking the SEC Football
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Media tabs South Carolina
Texas athletic director:

Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb
Default Michigan Fans = Good Bunch

I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the Michigan Fans. In the four days we spent in Florida, the Michigan Fans we encountered in our hotel, around town, tailgating, and at the game were very friendly and polite. They were respective of our team and conference. I cannot say the same about many of fans of other teams we play around here. Did anybody else have similar experiences with Michigan Fans?
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Michigan Fans = Good Bunch

Yes, we had a lot of fun with the ones around us for tailgating... We cut up with them, and it was all in fun... Even ran into Santa Claus (who was a Michigan fan)... I told him "Just as long as you are not an Ohio State fan, Ill still believe in you).... I made instant friends after that statement..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

All the Michigan fans we were around were nice as well. My daughter even got nice comments on her outfit. She even got comments on her spirit and fire after the game from the Michigan fans around us. All in all, a great group of fans.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I was introduced to Michigan football in 1979 when I began dating and eventually marrying a Michigan girl. They know football, have great tradition, and the " Big House". Throw in hating Ohio State...............and I ain't go problem with them....
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I like Michigan and their fans. The fact that they hate Ohio state just goes to show their intelligence.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Good friend of mine if a Big Blue fan, great guy and was the first to congratulate we gamecock fans
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

We kicked it with a few at the hotel and in buffalo wild wings , all good classy folks. We all love our university's but respect each other. There were these 3 I'm guessing college students in our section it was fun. They were cheering hard when they took the late lead. Had the oddest looks of disbelief when ace scored. They stayed classy.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I am from Pontiac, Mich and moved to SC in 1973 at age of 7. Pulled for the Wolverines until I knew Gamecock football at age 16. Since then I have relegated them to No. 2 status !

See what I did there?? I slay me!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

This was my second experience with Michigan football. The other being at the 2004 Rose Bowl in Pasadena when they lost to Southern Cal.

Both experiences were mostly positive. There are a few bad apples in every fanbase. But, largely...they seem like a good bunch.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the Michigan Fans. In the four days we spent in Florida, the Michigan Fans we encountered in our hotel, around town, tailgating, and at the game were very friendly and polite. They were respective of our team and conference. I cannot say the same about many of fans of other teams we play around here. Did anybody else have similar experiences with Michigan Fans?
No, I had to curb stomp a 10 year old girl Wolverine because she wouldn't listen when I told her Robinson was way down the list of the best runningbacks this year.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

They were certainly far better than Ohio State fans were in 2000 & 2001. OSU fans were just trash IMO. I didn't encounter but 1 bad Michigan fan and that was just a drunk kid in his early 20s.

Iowa fans seemed to be easier to talk to. Seems to me as most Michigan fans just stayed in their own group. They weren't rude, but just not as out going as Iowa fans seemed to be.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
No, I had to curb stomp a 10 year old girl Wolverine because she wouldn't listen when I told her Robinson was way down the list of the best runningbacks this year.
I see what you skeet there . . . .
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Who says we can't find common ground in football.
We both hate Ohio State and the state of Ohio.

That makes them A OK in my book.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I'd like to know what Michigan fans had to say about Gamecock fans. Anyone have any links to Blue Boards where such might be discussed?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

there were fine by me. SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Ohio State fans, my god
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

got this off michigan board

"Anytime you buy a ticket to the game you take a chance on seeing your team lose. I guess I kind of prepare for that possibility especially after that debacle in Jacksonville. What made it easier was the classiness of the USC fans.

After the game I sat by my car while waiting for traffic to clear up hanging out with some USC fans. As I praised them for how classy they all were the one guy told me, "hey we played Michigan. You guys are winners and have been for a long time. South Carolina didn't start winning until about 10 years ago." That was a level of respect I didn't see coming. They were also impressed about how classy our fans were. They do have a strong distaste for that team from Ohio though. The only fan for USC I had to deal with that was obnoxious was the guy sitting next to me. He wasn't even a real fan. Him and his buddy go to this game every year and he just picked USC. The girl next to me was sitting with her boyfriend who had the same name as I (Matt), and she kept saying, "I'm in a Matt sandwich." To which I replied, "That probably means more to him then I." She was awfully frisky though and liked hanging on me any chance she could get. She was drunk so I took it for what it was.

Overall the pregame, game, and post game experience was pretty good, and I had fun. The fans were classy from both teams, and the game itself was really good and exciting. USC was no chump opponent and our team played hard against them. I would say my level of disappointment would be around a "3". It always sucks when your favorite team loses, but when the fans from both teams treat each other with respect and you don't feel like you have to hide on the way to the car it always softens the blow."
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Got a link to that board?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

http://umgoblue.com/talk/Wolverine-Football-f3.aspx
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

They were all nice to me, my Daughter and Son. Great group of fans.

The only thing I did stupid was making "The Hulk" noise face and pose after Clowney made the hit. It mad a few of the Michigan fans a little upset for the moment but congratulated us after the game.